Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #33: Wasteland 1 Standalone Release, New Screenshots

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Of course it's less important than core things like the systems (which are shit).

What do you think is shit about the systems? I only remember about the skill list, which looked fine, and that the combat system supposedly encourages cover, flanking (at least they claimed that in that first demo they showed) and getting to high ground (I remember tuluse saying something like that). Isn't that all the tactical stuff you've been clamoring for? Or did/will it turn out to be mostly bullshit?

He doesn't like the skill list because it has useless/superfluous skills.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Of course it's less important than core things like the systems (which are shit).

What do you think is shit about the systems? I only remember about the skill list, which looked fine, and that the combat system supposedly encourages cover, flanking (at least they claimed that in that first demo they showed) and getting to high ground (I remember tuluse saying something like that). Isn't that all the tactical stuff you've been clamoring for? Or did/will it turn out to be mostly bullshit?
He's extraordinarily upset that brute force and perception are skills instead of stat checks.

I'm somehow guessing there's more to "the systems are shit" than the sillyness that is brute force, BUT I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT WHEN EXCIDIUM ANSWERS NOW WON'T WE.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
We're gonna use DEPTH OF FIELD instead of FOG OF WAR! Doesn't it look great???"

If this is satire, this is pretty great. But in case it's not, I'll bite:

Then thank fuck Brian Fargo is in charge and not you! Because I'd much rather he be cutting corners on cheap graphical gimmicks in order to cover up for cosmetic under-achievements and focusing their attention on things which actually matter if you're not a graphixwhore. No, I'm not particularly smitten with any of the graphics for WL2 yet, but it also doesn't bother me and I haven't bought into this project for the pretty pictures.

kool kredit haversters and the thumbs up brigade that have to come and start their "omg guys stop everything is great old school RPGs are back :brofist: I can't wait to announce the world I bought abandonware on GOG"

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
We're gonna use DEPTH OF FIELD instead of FOG OF WAR! Doesn't it look great???"

If this is satire, this is pretty great. But in case it's not, I'll bite:

Then thank fuck Brian Fargo is in charge and not you! Because I'd much rather he be cutting corners on cheap graphical gimmicks in order to cover up for cosmetic under-achievements and focusing their attention on things which actually matter if you're not a graphixwhore. No, I'm not particularly smitten with any of the graphics for WL2 yet, but it also doesn't bother me and I haven't bought into this project for the pretty pictures.
You really are a moron or a massive cocksucker, not sure which. Depth of field is the definition of cheap graphical gimmicks. It's great to see you're a minority at least in the codex and not everyone is content with mediocrity when things can be made better.

I see that quote bothered you. Did you identify yourself?

I'm somehow guessing there's more to "the systems are shit" than the sillyness that is brute force, BUT I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT WHEN EXCIDIUM ANSWERS NOW WON'T WE.
The stat system they showed made evident this is not a system designed with competence. Doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the mechanics.

Branm

Learned
Need higher poly models if its zoomed out that far and yeah you can see a clear difference from the DoF or whatever it is. With todays hardware you shouldnt need to reduce it that drastically anyway.

In the end though, I dont care about the gfx as long as there is a large "open" world with good tactical combat, content and story!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
You really are a moron or a massive cocksucker, not sure which. Depth of field is the definition of cheap graphical gimmicks.

You really are a moron or a massive cocksucker, not sure which. Just kidding, you're the former. Since that was my fucking point, you incredibly dumb motherfucking idiot. I'd rather he be cutting corners ON CHEAP GRAPHICAL GIMMICKS LIKE FUCKING DEPTH OF FIELD YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT. GET IT NOW?

I see that quote bothered you.

Then you need your eyes checked.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
You really are a moron or a massive cocksucker, not sure which. Depth of field is the definition of cheap graphical gimmicks.

You really are a moron or a massive cocksucker, not sure which. Just kidding, you're the former. Since that was my fucking point, you incredibly dumb motherfucking idiot. I'd rather he be cutting corners ON CHEAP GRAPHICAL GIMMICKS LIKE FUCKING DEPTH OF FIELD YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT. GET IT NOW?
Then why the fuck are you arguing with people asking for it to be removed?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Dude. Please. Try fucking harder. I'd rather BRIAN. FUCKING. FARGO. USE. CHEAP. GRAPHICAL. GIMMICKS. AND. CUT. CORNERS. THERE. THAN. IN. MORE. FUCKING. IMPORTANT. FUCKING. PLACES.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
You fucking imbecile.

And I'm not arguing with anybody about it being removed. I'm simply questioning the priorities of the people whining about it.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Anger.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
People are just commenting about the screenshot posted on the update. Stop being such a butthurt faggot.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's too bad Chris Keenan isn't an open book like Josh Sawyer so we could be talking about the systems in depth instead of all this superficial nonsense. It wouldn't surprise me if everything under-the-hood remains a mystery until the beta testers get a hold of it in October. And of course it'd be delightful if, like Shadowrun Returns, it skimped on transparency.

EG

Nullified
You fucking imbecile.

And I'm not arguing with anybody about it being removed. I'm simply questioning the priorities of the people whining about it.
Who needs priorities when you're just waiting for something to be released while processing updates one at a time?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's too bad Chris Keenan isn't an open book like Josh Sawyer so we could be talking about the systems in depth instead of all this superficial nonsense.

We really should interview him, although I suspect this opaqueness may be an inXile policy and he wouldn't say much.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Who needs priorities when you're just waiting for something to be released while processing updates one at a time?

Commenting is one thing, whining is another. I don't care enough about graphics to sit and whine about them. Nothing to do with my hopes for this game and so I would have assumed, most people here. So I question the people who're bawling the loudest. Why u mad, graphixbros?

If this has been too hard for some of you to follow...maybe you need pictorial accompaniment? I promise not to use depth of field.

:troll:

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Wat, they want to sell my abandonware?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom