Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #33: Wasteland 1 Standalone Release, New Screenshots

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah geez it's not like anyone is complaining in here.

Look here newfag... get some Codex experience first before opening your mouth.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
FFS codex, not so long ago we were resolved to never getting another iso TB RPG again...

and now you're complaining about some graphics bullshit
I'd say that absolutely speaks in favor of everything else we heard about WL2 so far.
My thoughts exactly. If after release the only real thing the Codex complains about is graphics, I'll be a happy man.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
People are talking about graphics because the newspost happens to include a screenshot too. Not sure how you missed that.

I'm p. sure we went about the mediocre UI and mechanics much more than the graphics so rest assured that there are far worse things in the game than myopia simulation

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Developers without a target release date is a recipe for disaster. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Developers without a target release date is a recipe for disaster. :M

Valve-Gabe-Newell-600x250.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I look forward to playing Wasteland 2 in December... of 2015.

EG

Nullified
I'm p. sure we went about the mediocre UI and mechanics much more than the graphics so rest assured that there are far worse things in the game than myopia simulation

My myopia doesn't invoke nausea . . .

Such a failure, even at simulating that.

Stabwound

Arcane
Incline of epic proportions and all anyone can do is argue for 4 pages about graphical effects. Y'all motherfuckers need Jesus.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know what you motherfuckers expect.

Oh. Ok. So just because the newspost shows a screenshot it's totally natural to accept that a bunch of self-proclaimed :obviously: RPG gamers care so much about graphics that they're shitting themselves with worry. Right.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
No, I would attribute it more to the fact that it's an obvious derpy popamole graphics feature that has somehow made it's way into a supposed old school top down tactical turn based RPG and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Can you imagine if Obsidian had Depth of Field on in Project Eternity? I know it's 2D and Torment 99% won't have it but yeah "We're gonna use DEPTH OF FIELD instead of FOG OF WAR! Doesn't it look great???"

I imagine it exists to hide somewhat low poly textures, but I'd rather see them despite how bad they look from a distance.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I don't know what you motherfuckers expect.

Oh. Ok. So just because the newspost shows a screenshot it's totally natural to accept that a bunch of self-proclaimed :obviously: RPG gamers care so much about graphics that they're shitting themselves with worry. Right.
I don't really give a shit about the :refined gentleman meme xD: crap.

Of course it's less important than core things like the systems (which are shit) and the actual content (which remains to be seen) but it's what there is to talk about in this specific thread. But that goes without saying, except for kool kredit haversters and the thumbs up brigade that have to come and start their "omg guys stop everything is great old school RPGs are back :brofist: I can't wait to announce the world I bought abandonware on GOG" which remind of why I don't browse other forums.

If I'm seeing it right, the background is on a much lower plane than the lower part of the screen, right? I think the blur (is it really depth of field?) is unecessary, but the graphics looks okay otherwise. Well the characters also seem to be floating a little but that happens even with AAAAAA+++ games so I don't really care.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I know that I'm being the doomsayer now, and honestly I myself don't really think this, but I fear of the possibility that even though there is Brian and a lot of good guys from the Black Isle days working on this game, there are others at inXile, who ...how do I put this....not as talented as they should be, and start to fuck up things during development. Like messing up the UI more and more, making questionable art choices etc.

Translation: "Where's my review copy?"
Ahahaha, you are so funny. I mean you would be funny, if I weren't a KS backer and receiving a copy anyway.

Of course it's less important than core things like the systems (which are shit).

What do you think is shit about the systems? I only remember about the skill list, which looked fine, and that the combat system supposedly encourages cover, flanking (at least they claimed that in that first demo they showed) and getting to high ground (I remember tuluse saying something like that). Isn't that all the tactical stuff you've been clamoring for? Or did/will it turn out to be mostly bullshit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom