Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #46: Quick Status Update

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    It still looks like shit. But it seems it's the best they can do

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  2. Smejki Warhorse Studios Developer

Smejki
    When the beta went live I estimated in the preview the game will be finished in four months. Minimal. I see I was too optimistic. I doubt it will be done in six now.
    Nevermind. Just finish it and don't fukcing dare losing money on it, Brian.
    :keepmyjewgold:
    And as a high tier a backer I demand devment statistics including the budget, after release. Would be interesting to see how different from Tim "Didn't expect that" Schafer's To Be Continued: The Game this project is. I wouldn't get angry or dissapointed no matter what I see. I am just curious how much an experienced dev can overshoot.

^ Top  
  3. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    That would be an easy choice, though.

^ Top  
  4. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Indeed. And even though I was a begrudging pledger to PoE I can almost guarantee that Obsidian at the very least have their shit together enough for their game to not look and feel like it was put together without a unified artistic vision.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Grainy doesn't have anything to do with anti-aliasing. You mean jaggy.

I hope that they also forgot to turn on the high res textures and to increase the LOD when they took the screenshot
    Show Spoiler
    :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. rpgcodexusername Arcane

rpgcodexusername
    Why do they describe a storyline from fallout 3 (village of bomb worshippers)

^ Top  
  7. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    The graphics are fine. Remind me of Commandos. Don't get what all the complaining is about. More worried about design.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Of course not. Never forget.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  9. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Yeah, because being worried about the gameplay more than the graphics is the true sign of a sellout ;)

^ Top  
  10. Ladonna Arcane

Ladonna

Just as an aside, Fallout 3 copied it from the original Wasteland (well, it wasn't a village in wasteland, but a sect in the 'temple of the mushroom cloud', but the idea was the same).

^ Top  
  11. Murk Arcane

Murk
    well, at least one of the patriot's is still alive

also, is that jarl frank in the md hat?

^ Top  
  12. Do the Dew!

Edit: Oh wait, you're the one holding the Doritos. Do they even have a slogan?

^ Top  
  13. Hirato Purse-Owner Patron

Hirato
    Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Let's see...
    I've paid for Beta access during the kickstarter...
    The Beta's been going on for months already...
    The fun part thereof is practically over, as they're starting the pure bug-hunting phase next month...
    Fargo's opened up beta access to backers and non-backers alike... (*)
    And I still haven't had a chance to access the goddamn thing because they've yet to release a Linux version!
    :x

I demand satisfaction!

(*) a real dick move, as it allows non-backers to play before backers like myself who did pledge for beta access.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Abelian Somebody's Alt

Abelian
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  15. "For the bold"? Really? That's the best they could come up with? I actually have a half-empty bag of Doritos sitting next to me +M

^ Top  
  16. Monty Arcane

Monty
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Abelian Somebody's Alt

Abelian
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  18. Awakened_Yeti Arcane Developer

Awakened_Yeti
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  19. ricolikesrice Arcane

ricolikesrice
    i didnt play the beta but from most of the quest design examples i ve read about here it sounds like Wasteland 2 is a spiritual successor to Fallout 3. mind you i m still hoping those codexians are just negative cunts singling out 3 shitty quests out of 90 reasonable ones but i m slowly losing hope. shitty humor and a complete lack of logic in quest design like what hiver, felipepe & co. describe sure seems like the sign of bethesda to me.

its as if Mr. Fargo read that a certain bunch of cunts hated Fallout 3 only because it was first person and not turn-based, so he s bringing Fallout 3 to that audience while keeping retarded combat , retarded humor and retarded quest design intact as in the original :p

now i hope i m just a negative cunt too but at least thanks to reading early access impressions this kickstarter wont surprise rape my expectations like SRR(DMS) did.

^ Top  
  20. hiver Guest

hiver
    i fucking wish... but there isnt anything else except the stuff i described in my two reviews.

maybe the next big update of the beta, eh?

^ Top  
  21. set Cipher

set
    sigh

I can't believe I bought into Fargo.

And modding definitely won't save this game, not in the state I played. Four months? Six months? It needs at least another year.

^ Top  
  22. Rhalle Magister

Rhalle
    Somehow the game looks worse than it did in that long demo video from many months back.

^ Top  
  23. set Cipher

set
    I thought the game looked great last July. The issue was never the aesthetics; it issue has been the gameplay - which was scantly there last I played.

^ Top  
  24. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm not talking about graphics. I'm talking about artistic direction, or rather, the complete lack of. Hopefully you're as smart as I generally give you credit for and understand the difference between the two.

Not very bold of you to leave a bag half full.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. BobtheTree Savant

BobtheTree
    We want a real CRPG experience! Gets a real CRPG experience, whines about graphics.
    :nocountryforshitposters:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.