Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #46: Quick Status Update

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Check the game again, they've tightened up the graphics and the UI now. It's just this particular screenshot that has messed up AA
It still looks like shit. But it seems it's the best they can do

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
When the beta went live I estimated in the preview the game will be finished in four months. Minimal. I see I was too optimistic. I doubt it will be done in six now.
Nevermind. Just finish it and don't fukcing dare losing money on it, Brian.
:keepmyjewgold:
And as a high tier a backer I demand devment statistics including the budget, after release. Would be interesting to see how different from Tim "Didn't expect that" Schafer's To Be Continued: The Game this project is. I wouldn't get angry or dissapointed no matter what I see. I am just curious how much an experienced dev can overshoot.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
That would be an easy choice, though.

Indeed. And even though I was a begrudging pledger to PoE I can almost guarantee that Obsidian at the very least have their shit together enough for their game to not look and feel like it was put together without a unified artistic vision.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Apparently anti-aliasing was broken when they took that screenshot, which is why it looks all grainy.

Grainy doesn't have anything to do with anti-aliasing. You mean jaggy.

I hope that they also forgot to turn on the high res textures and to increase the LOD when they took the screenshot
:troll:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The graphics are fine. Remind me of Commandos. Don't get what all the complaining is about. More worried about design.

A user named cat

Don't get what all the complaining is about.
Of course not. Never forget.

0JNEItM.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, because being worried about the gameplay more than the graphics is the true sign of a sellout ;)

Ladonna

Arcane
Why do they describe a storyline from fallout 3 (village of bomb worshippers)

Just as an aside, Fallout 3 copied it from the original Wasteland (well, it wasn't a village in wasteland, but a sect in the 'temple of the mushroom cloud', but the idea was the same).

Murk

Arcane
well, at least one of the patriot's is still alive

also, is that jarl frank in the md hat?

A user named cat

Yeah, because being worried about the gameplay more than the graphics is the true sign of a sellout ;)
Do the Dew!

Edit: Oh wait, you're the one holding the Doritos. Do they even have a slogan?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
First and foremost, we wanted to be sure all our backers knew that our $10 add-on which we've been offering on the backer store will be closing down next Friday, the 28th of March. This week will be the last chance to jump on board this limited-time offer.

Let's see...
I've paid for Beta access during the kickstarter...
The Beta's been going on for months already...
The fun part thereof is practically over, as they're starting the pure bug-hunting phase next month...
Fargo's opened up beta access to backers and non-backers alike... (*)
And I still haven't had a chance to access the goddamn thing because they've yet to release a Linux version!
:x

I demand satisfaction!

(*) a real dick move, as it allows non-backers to play before backers like myself who did pledge for beta access.

A user named cat

"For the bold"? Really? That's the best they could come up with? I actually have a half-empty bag of Doritos sitting next to me +M

ricolikesrice

Arcane

i didnt play the beta but from most of the quest design examples i ve read about here it sounds like Wasteland 2 is a spiritual successor to Fallout 3. mind you i m still hoping those codexians are just negative cunts singling out 3 shitty quests out of 90 reasonable ones but i m slowly losing hope. shitty humor and a complete lack of logic in quest design like what hiver, felipepe & co. describe sure seems like the sign of bethesda to me.

its as if Mr. Fargo read that a certain bunch of cunts hated Fallout 3 only because it was first person and not turn-based, so he s bringing Fallout 3 to that audience while keeping retarded combat , retarded humor and retarded quest design intact as in the original :p

now i hope i m just a negative cunt too but at least thanks to reading early access impressions this kickstarter wont surprise rape my expectations like SRR(DMS) did.

hiver

i didnt play the beta but from most of the quest design examples i ve read about here it sounds like Wasteland 2 is a spiritual successor to Fallout 3. mind you i m still hoping those codexians are just negative cunts singling out 3 shitty quests out of 90 reasonable ones -
i fucking wish... but there isnt anything else except the stuff i described in my two reviews.

maybe the next big update of the beta, eh?

set

Cipher
sigh

I can't believe I bought into Fargo.

And modding definitely won't save this game, not in the state I played. Four months? Six months? It needs at least another year.

set

Cipher
I thought the game looked great last July. The issue was never the aesthetics; it issue has been the gameplay - which was scantly there last I played.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm not talking about graphics. I'm talking about artistic direction, or rather, the complete lack of. Hopefully you're as smart as I generally give you credit for and understand the difference between the two.

I actually have a half-empty bag of Doritos sitting next to me

Not very bold of you to leave a bag half full.

BobtheTree

Savant
We want a real CRPG experience! Gets a real CRPG experience, whines about graphics.
:nocountryforshitposters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom