Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You have to stop measuring in weeks once you go over a month.
Only if you were born after 1990. For the rest of us, the phrase "allow six to eight weeks for delivery" is as common and normal a part of the language as "video rental" or "play outside". Fargo was born before 1990. Context.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Is there going to be a Codex review of the beta like with Blackguards? I recommend felipepepe do it. :troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
According to Chris Olson in the Kickstarter comments thread of the last update, it's totally impossible to avoid DRM in a digitally distributed game
I should rephrase my question - rather, I'm asking if WL2 will be made available truly DRM-free to backers (direct download). Any requirement to sign up on an additional site (be that GOG, Steam, the inXile forums, etc) is still a form of DRM, albeit not one that's implemented in-game.
Look just give me a download link I promise I won't send it to anyone else. ¬_¬

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haha wtf. Help me I'm being oppressed by being forced to sign up for an account.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lame. Can't wait for all the honest and impartial feedback of people who paid for the privilege of beta testing.

So you think the feedback of somebody who's getting paid to beta test would be more honest and impartial? That's kind of unintuitive, if you think about it.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Uhm, I just noticed on Avellone's Linkedin that he did Systems Design for Wasteland 2.

I haven't been following closely, was this known?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So it'll be on Steam or what?
The beta will only be available through Steam, the full release will be released through Steam, GOG, and a DRM-free box at the very least.
I think there will be direct download from rangercenter too.

Don't think so, because if there is it'll be leaked day 1.

These things always get leaked regardless *shrug*

Nowadays, Steam serves more as a convenient storage/patching system than DRM.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Steam is great protection against pre-release piracy when it comes to retail copies and that's the only kind that should be prevented.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
These things always get leaked regardless *shrug*

Nowadays, Steam serves more as a convenient storage/patching system than DRM.

I agree with you but I haven't seen a Kickstarter beta leaked yet besides Grim Dawn. YMMV.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom