Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Shouldn't have included that close-up view then. I don't care that the models look bad, but I don't see its purpose. It just takes up space and you'll inevitably have people who will complain that their character is ugly.

Jezal_k23

The Steam store page barely indicates that it's out. From what I'm seeing it needs to be promoted a lot more heavily now, or most people won't even know.

I guess it's because WB decided to have a promo weekend.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
fucking graphixwhores ITT

Not really. I adore the old-old Spiderweb Software character models, the ones used in the old cramped engine with the tiny viewport, for example.

The portraits look great. The trouble is, the models are specific enough to be very distinct (meaning if you pick something obviously different from the portrait it's jarring), and they're ugly as shit. Graphics whores want high-tech. I just want what's there—regardless of technology used—to be aesthetically pleasing and reflect good art direction, unless it's text, in which case I want competent and entertaining descriptions, or else everything left to the imagination. Still, the models are good enough in top-down, and only certain combos (trying to create the equivalent of an attractive woman, for example) are truly egregious.

The Steam store page barely indicates that it's out. From what I'm seeing it needs to be promoted a lot more heavily now, or most people won't even know.

I guess it's because WB decided to have a promo weekend.

I noticed that too. Plus, Shadowrun: Dragonfall released yesterday evening, a complete coincidence I'm sure. I know they're in competition with each other, but it's a bit shitty if you ask me.

Also, isn't it 4 PC + 3 NPC, for a maximum of 7?

Yes. The release trailer says so, among other confirmations.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

:hmmm:

The Steam Top Sellers chart indicates that it is.

Jezal_k23

That's not enough. All I see is fucking batman all over the page. Even on the scrollable new releases it's like 4 games deep.

bussinrounds

Augur
Eh beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think D:OS is ugly as sin mostly due to them insisting in using a WoW color palette. Even backed the game and couldn't stand to play more then a few hours. Don't really understand all the love that game gets on the codex. Hell Underrail with the newest update is 10 times the game D:OS could of even hopped for...And thats what developed by three people?
You couldn't stand playing OS because of the look alone ?

I would think the love it gets has something to do with the tb combat, lack of handholding compared to modern rpgs and how you can interact with the world, like in Ultima 7. Have yet to play myself.

Last edited:

Branm

Learned
Eh beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think D:OS is ugly as sin mostly due to them insisting in using a WoW color palette. Even backed the game and couldn't stand to play more then a few hours. Don't really understand all the love that game gets on the codex. Hell Underrail with the newest update is 10 times the game D:OS could of even hopped for...And thats what developed by three people?

Not just the look no, the writing also had a pretty big impact. I suppose it was just trying to be too silly. To be fair games the games i enjoyed the most recently were Underrail and Avernum: Escape from the Pit so I'm pretty far from a GFX whore.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's not enough.

A game being the #1 best seller since its release is insufficient proof that people know about it. 'k.

Even on the scrollable new releases it's like 4 games deep.

KxLrWH4.png

(wait, is this a troll post?)

Jezal_k23

That's not enough.

A game being the #1 best seller since its release is insufficient proof that people know about it. 'k.

Even on the scrollable new releases it's like 4 games deep.

KxLrWH4.png

(wait, is this a troll post?)

No, I meant the horizontally scrollable one, the one that most people first look at. Actually its placement seems to be random there.

I just think it wouldn't hurt for it to be given a spotlight spot now that it's out. I think it needs more space on the Steam store page.

The WB weekend occupies most of the space, the right is occupied by the Age of Wonders III weekend deal.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The portraits bug appears to be retroactive as well for me. Trying to go back to a much earlier auto save changed all the portraits as well.

Didn't we have this bug early in the early access as well?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I just think it wouldn't hurt for it to be given a spotlight spot now that it's out. I think it needs more space on the Steam store page.

The WB weekend occupies most of the space, the right is occupied by the Age of Wonders III weekend deal.

Well, that's Steam. There are always games on sale. That WL2 is outselling 75% Arkham Origins, a popular AAA title that isn't a year old, is fairly impressive.

Diablo169

Arcane
I'm always a bit unsure about the top sellers section on Steam when it comes to kickstarers. Is that literally a chart for sales, or is it counting people redeeming their keys?

bussinrounds

Augur

Not just the look no, the writing also had a pretty big impact. I suppose it was just trying to be too silly. To be fair games the games i enjoyed the most recently were Underrail and Avernum: Escape from the Pit so I'm pretty far from a GFX whore.
Ok, the writing and the look was enough to put you off. I could see that. There are alot of combatfags here that could look past that though. I'm sure you're aware of that.

Anyway, when is UnderRail gonna be finished ?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I'm always a bit unsure about the top sellers section on Steam when it comes to kickstarers. Is that literally a chart for sales, or is it counting people redeeming their keys?

It's actually neither. It counts the amount of money earned by the title from sales (so, fewer sales of a $60 title can be above lots of sales of a $20 title)

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I dont care too much about the lo-fi gfx in character creation. My A team doesnt resemble at all (mind you i usually spend minimal time at the "looks" section, or just press randomize until something hideous pops up). At least i got the skin colours, the mohawk and some clothing items correct.

But, if you are going to include it at least make sure it looks good. Otherwise dont bother, you will just scare away players who care about that stuff.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
where can I find some decent portraits and where do I cave to copy them to access them in the game?

256x256?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
11732.png

Jaesun

11733.png

Ilya

11734.png

Igor

11735.png

Ben

My Party of International Male Supermodels stand ready. We are going to bring FABULOUS to the Wasteland......

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
It's 1AM, and there is no way I can stop playing, oh well looks like I'll be up for a LONG time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom