Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
steeltown

wonder what they make

37hs for the main story? Jesus Christ, did they spend half that time farming world encounters or something?

I remember upon release the loading was horrendous. 37 hours probably includes the 15 hours of loading screens.
Yeah, that's probably a big part of it. Took me 42 hours to beat it on hard with some mild replaying of the end to do some different shit, and the loading time improvements they did later on was like night and day. Probably shaves a few hours off easily by itself over the course of a playthrough.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do any of the patches add RNG to the skillchecks?

If not... I'll wait until all DLC are done before finishing.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
On one hand I like that InXile supports their games post release

But fuck. I shouldn't have to wait 3 years after one of their games are released to play the best version of it. Holy shit. Get your fingers out of your asses.

It's been fine to play since like December the previous year, so at this point the only person making you not play is....also you.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I was thinking about buying this game to co-op with my Dad, is the multiplayer good?

Buggy?

Smerlus

Educated
It's been fine to play since like December the previous year, so at this point the only person making you not play is....also you.

My post has nothing to do with playability, it's they decide to tweak, rebalance, add npcs and a whole bunch of things that should have been in day 1 over the 1 or 2 years after release.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

My post has nothing to do with playability, it's they decide to tweak, rebalance, add npcs and a whole bunch of things that should have been in day 1 over the 1 or 2 years after release.

Same here, I didn't play Wasteland 2 before the DC version and it was the right choice, waiting for their DLC and then the Definitive Gold DC Platinum version seems like the right move to enjoy the game.

Atchodas

Augur
Since i played WL2 right after it got released i will happily wait for final WL3 version even if it means waiting another 2 years or so.

ferratilis

Magister
595md8.jpg

ferratilis

Magister
I played Wasteland 2 for the first time after it was free on GOG in 2019. It was so fun that I bought it on Steam later and did two playthroughs. Can't imagine how it would've felt playing on release without all the stuff added in Director's Cut, and on the older version of Unity engine. Same goes for Pathfinder Kingmaker, Kingdom Come, PoE1, 2 and Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2. All of these were great, but the experience might not have been so good had I played them on release. Then again, you miss all the shit talking around release, but some things have to be sacrificed.

So, Mr. Fargo, take your time.

ferratilis

Magister
Same goes for Pathfinder Kingmaker, Kingdom Come, PoE1, 2 and Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2. All of these were great

Wow, do you play good RPG too or you just stick to the recent garbage because mui graphics and exquisite loading times allowing you a coffee break every five minutes?
But, these ARE good RPGs, it's just that your mind is stuck at 640x480. My mind is running at 4k, so having good graphics in an RPG, together with good gameplay, is a boon. Upgrade your mind, bro.

Just kidding. The reason I mentioned these games is because you don't have to wait for three years for Baldur's Gate 2 or Fallout 1 to get good. They're complete products. Nowadays, you always have to wait at least two or three years for games to reach their full potential.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
PoE and Divinity are the death knell of CRPGs.

Wasteland is valued highly because it's simply not as bad as the competition and because it turned out significantly better than WL2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/the-battle-of-steeltown-overview-video

The Battle of Steeltown: Overview Video

The Battle of Steeltown launches in just a couple weeks on June 3 and we’re here with a video overview of what you can expect when you arrive. A factory complex that keeps Colorado running, and the Patriarch in power, Steeltown is an integral piece of the Wasteland 3 story. But solving problems is what the Rangers do best, and the Desert Rangers always persevere.

The Battle of Steeltown launches June 3 for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation for $13.99, and Xbox Game Pass subscribers receive a 10% discount.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/the-battle-of-steeltown-choice-consequence

The Battle of Steeltown: Choice & Consequence

On June 3rd, The Battle of Steeltown will continue to build on the challenges the Rangers have endured so far in Wasteland 3. It’ll be up to you to figure out how to get Steeltown’s production lines back on track, or whether that’s even possible. Will you be able to thread the needle towards a peaceful resolution with the striking workforce? Maybe the poor bastards will get caught in the crossfire, as you contend with the raiders that have been preying on Steeltown as it lurches towards its imminent demise.

The end is never in clear sight, but you’re resigned to get the job done however you can … or die trying. Just remember, none of your choices are going to be easy, and no action is without consequence. You best not let your guard down while descending into the smoldering depths, as you try to determine whether Steeltown’s dilemma can be resolved, or if the town should be left to implode.

The choice is yours in The Battle of Steeltown, releasing on June 3.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Surprisingly large push for a DLC, but it seems as though they've put in quite a bit of effort to make a small chunk of full-scale RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom