Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does anyone have the image of Fargo wearing the Far Go Traders cap reacting to the drowing kid?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys, I am a little bit confused here... Our Fig keys were delivered already? Its the same key as the beta keys or will be another one?

It seems like it's the same key. There is no separate Steam entry for "Wasteland 3 Beta".

Retcon Raider

Literate
Guys, I am a little bit confused here... Our Fig keys were delivered already? Its the same key as the beta keys or will be another one?

It seems like it's the same key. There is no separate Steam entry for "Wasteland 3 Beta".

The Alpha version of the game updated into the Beta. I assume the Beta will likewise update into the release version on launch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Patriarch's charming daughter, Liberty Buchanan:

5x09NHVl.jpg

The Buchanan family in happier times:

sN6xe95l.jpg

Last edited:

Retcon Raider

Literate
Lots of interesting little tidbits and reveals hidden in those recent Dev Diaries. Looks like they're actively tweaking the numbers on stats and abilities. Strength now gives more CON, Awareness gives less Perception. The "Poindexter" Quirk has been buffed, while the "Pyromaniac" Quirk has been nerfed. The Aspen segment from the Alpha looks to be much longer and more elaborate, with new locations added.

You can also catch glimpses of what looks to be at least 3 new recruitable companions:
Private Jodie Bell, who you meet in the Beta.
Pizepi Joren, returning from Wasteland 2.
Ironclad Cordite, who appears to be a brawler with cybernetic arms.

That brings the total number of known companions up to about 8 or so. Interesting to note that one of them can actually die almost immediately after you meet them for the first time, long before you know they're a potential companion, meaning that it will be easy to end up missing at least some of the fully-voiced CNPCs.

Retcon Raider

Literate
Pizepi Joren, returning from Wasteland 2.

Yeah, I also spotted her portrait when I dug around in the beta's data files earlier.

I noted it in one of my videos, but it sounds like
Gary "NaCl" Wolfe
will also be making a return appearance. No idea if he'll be a recruitable, but the dialogue implies he's got a grudge against synths - for obvious reasons.

Makes you wonder who else will be popping back up. Off the top of my head, the only WL2 companions who died in the canon ending were
Chisel, Lexicanium, and Rose.

I guess that gives them a fair chance to flesh out some of the others, hopefully with some better defined backgrounds and personalities.

Retcon Raider

Literate
Yeah, I also spotted her portrait when I dug around in the beta's data files earlier.

Did they improve it?

Take a look at the Codex WL3 avatar gallery and decide for yourself.

Hm. There are some oddballs.

The Patriarch having a CNPC avatar is interesting, but not particularly surprising. Fishlips, though...

Edit: Whoops, that's not the Patriarch, it's just a generic ranger with a beard. But that's definitely Fishlips.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Oh hey, the beta isn't the final key: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/1254

Wasteland 3 Dev Diary #2 + End of Beta

Howdy Rangers,

It’s time for our second dev diary, and this time Brian Fargo and Senior Writer Nathan Long sit down to explain the setting you’ll explore and people you’ll meet as you direct the story of Colorado’s future. Plus it includes a first reveal of the Patriarch’s daughter—Liberty.

One other bit of news we have for you is our intent to end the Backer Beta mid-June (currently targeting June 17). At that time the Beta will be taken down from Steam, and we'll begin revoking Beta key access. This is the first step in allowing us to distribute everyone's game keys. If you'd like to run through the Beta again, or maybe check it out for the first time, be sure to do so in the next few weeks.

Talk to you next week!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well if the keys are getting revoked within a month, who wants mine? I don't have Windows 10 and can't be bothered.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't have Windows 10 and can't be bothered.

It can't be windows 10 only, it's probably going to work on compatibility mode, at least after 6-12 month of polishing and optimization.
The beta only works on Win 10 https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...oming-august-28th.111209/page-72#post-6600106

I'll likely upgrade later this year, but as I said, the beta will be shut down long before then. I'll be keeping the full release of course.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hell yeah, Wasteland 3 is in the big leagues: https://www.gameinformer.com/wasteland3

https://www.gameinformer.com/cover-reveal/2020/05/26/cover-reveal-wasteland-3

Cover Reveal – Wasteland 3

Wasteland is the spiritual predecessor to Fallout, but this original post-apocalyptic RPG is often overshadowed by Bethesda’s blockbuster series. In this month’s cover story, we dive into the history that entwines these two legendary series and explain why Wasteland deserves its time in the spotlight. We speak with industry luminary Brian Fargo about his role in the creation of franchises like The Bard’s Tale, Wasteland, Fallout, and Baldur's Gate. Then, we go hands-on with an exclusive build of Wasteland 3 before talking with several members of inXile’s Entertainment that explain how their living world is shaped by every choice you make.

Our celebration of CRPGs continues with a brief primer on the history of the genre. If you’re new to this RPG subset, we have several pages dedicated to the best examples on the market, which acts as a handy guide that will help you find the perfect game to fit your mood. Finally, Daniel Tack takes a good hard look at the current state of computer role-playing games and prognosticates on its promising future.

Did you think that was all we had in this issue? Of course not. If you’re not an RPG fan, we’ve still got something for you. Andrew Reiner put together a massive roundup of all the games that have been announced for Microsoft’s new Xbox Series X console. Then we have two great features on a couple of promising games. First up are Daniel Tack’s hands-on impressions of Torn Banner Studios’ bloody first-person medieval action game, Chivalry 2. Then Kimberly Wallace takes a closer look at Bandai Namco’s colorful Scarlet Nexus, a sci-fi RPG that lets you tap into an array of wild mental powers to defeat an assortment of deranged mutants.

To round out the issue, we have previews on Assassin's Creed Valhalla, The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, Torchlight III, and Ghost of Tsushima. And don’t forget to page through our Gear section where we’ve compiled a roundup of game-themed survival gear, preview the new Pandemic board game, and review the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console. Enjoy the issue.

Print subscribers can expect their issues to begin arriving in the coming weeks. The digital edition of this issue launches later today for PC/Mac, iOS, and Google Play. You can also get the latest issue through third-party apps on Nook and Kindle later this week. To switch your print subscription to digital, click here, or to create a new subscription, click here.

https://www.gameinformer.com/new-ga...day/2020/05/26/wasteland-3-new-gameplay-today

Wasteland 3 – New Gameplay Today

Wasteland 3 is Game Informer's latest cover story, and today we're showing off forty minutes of early gameplay. I take the controls while Dan Tack and Ben Reeves help explain what's new to the title and what makes the CRPG series so special. We start off with a couple extended battles, and end with an important decision.

I was playing the Fig backer build for this video, but we had access to an early copy of the complete game for our cover story. So enjoy the video above, but be sure to check out the latest issue of the magazine for much more exclusive content!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
One of the Game Informer guys mentions having seen gameplay segments with the Patriarch's other two children.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom