Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Radisshu

Prophet
Isn't that ghoul incredibly muscular?
For a ghoul, that is.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
MetalCraze said:
Actually Bethesdians were saying that the unexploded bomb made the crater right from the start. Though I remember that they backpedalled upon game's release.

Yea, i vaguely remember that too.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
DriacKin said:
i3.jpg
That was fucking stupid.

That's pretty much describes everything in Fallout3

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MetalCraze said:
Of course, what else should've happened to the one standing in the center of the nuclear explosion?

Moira explains she's out of town.

But yes, it shows Bethesda's complete lack of understanding of choice and consequence. After all, they can't close off the Survival Guide quest. IT HAS AN ACHIEVEMENT TIED TO IT.

Frith. I hate Moira Brown. I don't think you can appreciate how annoying she is until you hear the voice acting. She sounds like a retard talking down to a toddler.

MetalCraze said:
Actually Bethesdians were saying that the unexploded bomb made the crater right from the start. Though I remember that they backpedalled upon game's release.

Yes. "In the crater of an unexploded nuclear bomb" is how Pete Hines described it in the demo.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Brother None said:
Frith. I hate Moira Brown. I don't think you can appreciate how annoying she is until you hear the voice acting. She sounds like a retard talking down to a toddler.

Kinda sounds like a certain soon-to-be-ex-governor of Alaska, to me.

Which, now that I think of it, might be about the same thing.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I like how Bethesda animators are such lazy pricks - it's like nothing besides her mouth is moving.
And voice acting. It is just awful. It reminds me why it is better to have non-VO'ed games than this piece of shit.
And it has a bigger budget, though apparently it was spent on discos of love.

Iago42

Novice
MetalCraze said:
I like how Bethesda animators are such lazy pricks - it's like nothing besides her mouth is moving.
And voice acting. It is just awful. It reminds me why it is better to have non-VO'ed games than this piece of shit.
And it has a bigger budget, though apparently it was spent on discos of love.
Surprisingly enough, the NPCs in Oblivion have some degree of animation that isn't facial during dialog, but it takes the use of a mod to see it. :roll:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Blow it up and then kill that stupid bitch Moira. Then proceed by killing every other NPC in FO3. You'll do the wasteland a favor.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Don't listen to ghostdog, what you should do is find some kind of Moira Brown Sex Mod and youtube a video of sexin' her up. Then blow up Megaton and bang ghoul moira.

Awww yeeaaaaaah

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well certainly, if you blow up Megaton, killing all the inhabitants of Megaton beforehand is pretty standard. It does give you a double karma hit, because the game doesn't care if the town you blow up is empty or not, but neither does it matter to, say, Moira, that you first killed everyone else and then blew up the town.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Well, it seems fairly unanimous. We're gonna blow it up!!

Part 7 - How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Coming Soon!!

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Great LP !

It's both funny, and very informative at the same time. Combined with occasionnally watching some friends play that crap, it'll give me the knowledge I seek, without having to actually play it. My thanks.

And keep on with the "facts" part, that's great.

DriacKin

Arbiter
200.jpg

I also thought it was kinda silly how this cabinet is "locked" and we have to use the lockpicking skill to open it.

The thing is cracked all over the place. I mean, how hard would it have been to just reach in through one of the cracks and take the contents?
But instead, Fallout 3 forces us to pick the lock...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just realised where else I had seen somebody been mucking about with a "close-range" nuke. It was in the Avengers somewhere, where Hawkeye had an arrow with a nuclear tip which had a blast radius of only 20 feet. But even the comic book writers knew nuclear physics, which is why said arrow came with a containment field (courtesy of Tony Stark) which went up and contained the explosion, hence the 20 feet blast radius.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Unkillable Cat said:
I just realised where else I had seen somebody been mucking about with a "close-range" nuke. It was in the Avengers somewhere, where Hawkeye had an arrow with a nuclear tip which had a blast radius of only 20 feet. But even the comic book writers knew nuclear physics, which is why said arrow came with a containment field (courtesy of Tony Stark) which went up and contained the explosion, hence the 20 feet blast radius.

Back in the early 1960's, the US Army fielded a little item called the Davy Crockett, a tactical nuke (0.5 kiloton) with a range of about 1.24 miles. Basically, a nuclear bazooka. It wasn't so much the blast from this meager warhead that would do you in, but the huge dose of rads (600 at about 400m --- to about 10,000 within 150m).

2151481884_890034e9c4.jpg

Looks kinda familiar...

Carceri

Arcane
DriacKin said:
Well, it seems fairly unanimous. We're gonna blow it up!!

Part 7 - How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Coming Soon!!

That's the spirit. Who the hell builds a town around a nukular bomb? Anyway:

ITZ COMING!

protobob

Liturgist
Good choice, my favorite part of the game was watching megaton blow up, that and watching people explode when I hit them with a sledge hammer.

Zeros

Novice
Pliskin said:
Brother None said:

Kinda sounds like a certain soon-to-be-ex-governor of Alaska, to me.

Which, now that I think of it, might be about the same thing.

The description of that video is just as priceless as well:

"That Moira girl... I kind of like her. She might not be the prettiest, but she's got way more personality than the rest of the planks around this puss-bog they call DC combined."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom