Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are your Top 10 RPGs?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
1. Divinity Original Sin 2
2. Divinity Original Sin
3. Arcanum
4. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
5. Divinity 2
6. Dragon Quest VIII
7. Alpha Protocol
8. Pendragon
9. Shadowrun: Dragonfall
10. Legend of Grimrock 2
11. Fallout 2

Last edited:

Jonnaz

Educated
1 - Fallout
2 - Gothic 2
3 - Baldur's Gate
4 - Fallout 2
5 - Gothic
6 - Planescape Torment
7 - Arcanum
8 - Baldur's Gate 2
9 - Fallout New Vegas
10 - Morrowind

Takamori

Learned
I got some shit taste no worries I'm self aware of it
1-Fallout 2
2-NWN 2: MOTB
3-Wasteland 2
4-Divinity Original Sin 2
5-Disco Elysium
6-KOTOR 2
7-Dragon's Dogma
8-Fallout New Vegas
9-Pillars of Eternity 1
10-TW3

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
1. Crusader Kings 2
2. Planescape: Torment
3. King of Dragon Pass
4. Neoscavenger
5. Mask of the Betrayer
6. Baldur's Gate
7. Icewind Dale
8. Fallout
9. Baldur's Gate 2
10. Dead State
Top 9 are pretty close and so is 10 to Age of Decadence, Underrail, Fallout 2, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Arcanum, Diablo 1, Witcher 1, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Icewind Dale 2, Football Manager and Expeditions: Viking.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I really can't say if you are mentally ill troll or a fucking drooling retard.

It's cause your ego can't accept the only scientific explanation: That i have a much better taste in rpgs than you. And my taste in CRPGs does not depend on what the Codex thinks, but what i personally enjoy. I couldn't give a flying fuck what the codex thinks about a game, if i am having fun playing it.

He's a Greek. Of course he'd love a game with a faggot companion that hits on you.

Oh come on now, everyone would favor becoming a faggot if the only females available were like you...

Seriously though, for the record, 1st playthrough i fucked the elven mage chick and second playthrough i fucked the pirate chick. There were options other than faggots in the game, you know. Obviously you missed them, you were too focused on the faggots, i wonder why...

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
My cock tastes good.
TemplarGR -
fakenews.png

So what, Templar, his cock doesn't taste good? You didn't like it?

Vatnik Wumao

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

DaveO

Erudite
I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into this mix and post by influence and not popularity.

Temple of Apshai - Epyx roguelike with no doubt a bazillion copiers with almost ZERO credit to the origins
Eternal Dagger - Foundation to the Gold Box games by SSI. Play the game and tell me you don't see the influences
Ultima 3 - First of the series to allow a true attempt at role playing and it allowed up to four members in the party. This is well before the decline started by Ultima 8
Might & Magic 3 - While it is probably pretty easy to beat and complete the game fairly quickly, this game allows SIX party members plus two optional NPCs for hire. The incline of the series until MM7
Realms of Arkania series - Woefully under-represented most probably due to the Dark Eye system and the limited rerolls on level ups

I'll just do those five for now and perhaps post the other five some other time.

P.S. - Notice I DON'T do rankings nor will I EVER score a game on a scale. Rankings are too easily misinterpreted, argued to the inevitable troll point, and contribute NOTHING.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
P.S. - Notice I DON'T do rankings nor will I EVER score a game on a scale. Rankings are too easily misinterpreted, argued to the inevitable troll point, and contribute NOTHING.

I find rankings useful to my agenda. If you had my viewership, you'd probably posts rankings as well.

DaveO

Erudite

I find rankings useful to my agenda. If you had my viewership, you'd probably posts rankings as well.

Nope, not a chance in Hell. Viewership is over-rated.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Viewership is over-rated.
Not when it is about women :lol:. Women are made to crave attention and it is the highest currency for them!

GrainWetski

Arcane
:nocountryforshitposters:

By that token, a good chunk of my favorite RPGs would be Paradox titles too.
If generic action games, 'roguelites' and FPS are RPGs, then surely so too are strategy games. Not to mention sports and racing games.

One of my favourite RPGs is Super Mario World.

DaveO

Erudite
I HAVE had viewership that in my opinion is significant. I have made a video game contribution that was also significant. I collabrated with "Zoop" from 3DO for the MM8 Lord Brinne tribute. I made a personal contribution by serving in the U.S. Navy from 1993 to 1997 and our aircraft carrier was part of the 50th anniversary of D-Day overseas. While many of my videos are old due to my LONG absence from YouTube, my Wing Commander 3, 4, and Prophecy videos have views in the tens of thousands.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Current favorites:
  1. Wizardry 7
  2. Grimoire
  3. Baldur's Gate II
  4. Underrail
  5. Divinity: Original Sin
  6. Pillars of Eternity II
  7. Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  8. Planescape Torment
  9. Realms of Arkania II: Star Trail (original)
  10. Might & Magic X

Dick

Educated
So many similar opinions...
must be the hive mind in action ! :bounce:

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I got some shit taste no worries I'm self aware of it
4-Divinity Original Sin 2
5-Disco Elysium
Being aware of it doesn't make it better.
It actually makes it worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom