Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Update 5 is up. Monte Cook, on the setting, on the stretch goals, and on dialog.

hiver

Pretty generic update.

Though it was nice that Adam confirmed there wont be full voice overs in the comments, which are hilarious.

and this:
"Meaningful friendships, even feelings of affection, will be possible, but relationships of the flesh would be inconsistent with our narrative."
Not much but it warms the heart.

Especially the butthurt of morons in the comments.

Kirtai

Augur
Oh, and while I'm on the subject... Mage: The Ascension is such an underused setting. I can see why (it's fucking impossible to do well), but man. An integrated World of Darkness game with said toolset would be the game to end all games.
Mage would be awesome but I can't even imagine how hard that would be to do on a computer. Even human storytellers could have trouble with it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Oh, and while I'm on the subject... Mage: The Ascension is such an underused setting. I can see why (it's fucking impossible to do well), but man. An integrated World of Darkness game with said toolset would be the game to end all games.
Mage would be awesome but I can't even imagine how hard that would be to do on a computer. Even human storytellers could have trouble with it.
I don't know but I'd like to remind that the Mage anniversary edition is approaching and Phil Brucato is at the helm and this makes me very happy because he's going to retcon all bullshit that happened in his absence. :dance:

Zeriel

Arcane

I think a superhuman dev team with the one-time brilliance of something like SRR or Planescape: Torment could pull it off in a very generic form (i.e schools of magic like Prime do varied, but specific things). And Mage: the Ascension in a very generic form is already miles beyond anything else, so there you go. One of the things I've always loved about M:TA is that mages in that setting can basically approximate almost any other setting's specific "cool thing". The Matrix? Virtual adepts! Cyborgs from Terminator? The Technocracy! Call of Cthulhu nastiness? Nephandi marauders!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Turning the spheres into schools of magic with spells would be p. lame. Either do it right or don't.

grdja

Augur
Turning the spheres into schools of magic with spells would be p. lame. Either do it right or don't.
How would you do it right without an AI playing GM?
Simple. Wait till we have AI capable of playing GM. :)
Supporting those who said that "properly" playing old Mage is big enough challenge for experienced human GMs. Doing a old school RPG of it wouldn't be able to convey enough of setting and implications. Doing a high budget modern ARPG would be hilarious and MST3K worthy. You hear that CCP, after your stupid Twilight MMO is out give us Dragon Age 2 take on MtA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom