Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What class are you going to pick in the upcoming Pathfinder: Kingmaker?

What class are you going to pick for your character in character creation?

• Total voters

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah, I don't like that mages are all low-T, dress wearing weaklings that are able to cast powerful spells. I wish they made mage avatars swole like Irenicus. Reason I don't play mages in rpgs.

mvBarracuda

Augur
Halfling rogue for my first playthrough and then half orc ranger for my second one.

Really looking forward to the release of the game.

bataille

Arcane

Not surprising. After watching some videos with overviews of the subclasses, I must say that rangers are quite underwhelming (alongside with the prestige classes, but that's another can of worms entirely). They looked like crappy bards without skills, utility, and arcane magic (some of the class variants tried to do something like that, though).
One interesting thing going on for them was the phoenix-like ability that allowed them to resurrect once a week (!) after being killed while simultaneously activating a bomb vest that healed the party and burned enemies. Which is pretty cool and all, I guess. The second nice thing was limited to the same subclass, and it was some fire-themed bonus arcane spells at certain levels. But having seen how versatile and interesting the fire and thunder bards are, it was pretty lame.
Oh, and half the variants can't even have the animal companion (limited as the ability is, with a dog, wolf, and eagle to choose from).
M e h .

Theldaran

Liturgist
Mages are essentially low-T, aka the personification of soyboys and weakling basement dwellers in high fantasy.

Just look at Raistlin, kids threw him stones when he was a child. Antisocial angst makes the best archmages.

Cael

Arcane
My search in Pathfinder Books and Pathfinder SDRs for Practiced Spellcaster, that is featured in DnD 3E in "Complete Arcane" and "Complete Divine", was futile. And in Pathfinder Forums the poster stated, that a corresponding Feat too Practiced Spellcaster does not exist. Therefore my whole theater with the Maximize Spell and Intensified Spell. What does exist in Pathfinder to cover this at the expense of Feats is the Prestigious Spellcaster (Pathfinder Companion: Path of the Righteous on Pg. 3). The Prestigious Spellcaster Feat grants +1 level of spellcasting for a Favored Prestige Class, if the FPC doesn't grant you an increase in effective level for the purpose of casting spells on a specific level, like the AA and EK. But the AT and LM are for this reason excluded from the Feat. So in this manner he could compensate the EK 1st level since he recives a Bonus Combat Feat form EK at level 1 and so he could get the 9th level spells even with the EK. That would leave the W/R/AT/EK then at 4 (Metamagic and Spellcasting) magic Feats behind the W, but the AT could still invest 10 (11 for Human) Feats in magic.

It would be very funny if he would go that route, but the level cap for the main campaign would be at 15.
The game includes all 6 AP Modules, as well as an additional post-campaign chapter which will take players all the way to level 20.
It is always funny when you play Railroader if anything in the cons are representative of the game. They really try to force you to play one niche and it is always fun to do stuff that breaks that niche.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
I'm struggling to imagine how a RTWP adaptation of a magus looks. Anyone know how it plays in PFK? Like control wise.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
No idea yet. But considering how horrible the companions are, I'll probably create the whole party myself.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
No idea yet. But considering how horrible the companions are, I'll probably create the whole party myself.
Might as well reinstall IWD2 and play that instead of spending money on a clone ;)

I have already done that twice and while I enjoyed it, I think a new new setting, story and 3.5ish mechanics will be a welcome change. Not to mention supporting a new developer who actually bothered to design a decent DnD game, despite the generic world and ideological infestation coming from Paizo.

Cael

Arcane
Might as well reinstall IWD2 and play that instead of spending money on a clone ;)

I have already done that twice and while I enjoyed it, I think a new new setting, story and 3.5ish mechanics will be a welcome change. Not to mention supporting a new developer who actually bothered to design a decent DnD game, despite the generic world and ideological infestation coming from Paizo.
The ideological infestation is why I boycott the thing. I'd rather not play than support such shit.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher

The ideological infestation is why I boycott the thing. I'd rather not play than support such shit.

I can understand that and I'd be the last to tell you not to ignore or torrent the thing, but I think most of the shit is coming from Paizo itself and not the devs. Except their head-retard enforcing the romances that is.

M. AQVILA

Arcane

Understandable, but I haven't played a decent RPG in years. The game has an interesting concept with a DnD like ruleset, I'm not giving up on this game because of the ideology of the developers. Besides it's not like this game is nearly as bad as Battletech, I wouldn't touch that game even if I got payed for it.

Cael

Arcane
I can understand that and I'd be the last to tell you not to ignore or torrent the thing, but I think most of the shit is coming from Paizo itself and not the devs. Except their head-retard enforcing the romances that is.
Understandable, but I haven't played a decent RPG in years. The game has an interesting concept with a DnD like ruleset, I'm not giving up on this game because of the ideology of the developers. Besides it's not like this game is nearly as bad as Battletech, I wouldn't touch that game even if I got payed for it.
There are reasons why I boycott Pathfinder cons. Not only is Paizo a shitfest cesspool, but its fanbois are some of the worst I have seen, surpassed only by Vampire LARPer fanbois (which is, of course, nothing new; there are few, if any, things in the universe worse than Vampire fanbois). While making them cry by abusing the hell out of the system is fun, it is not fun enough to warrant paying a single cent to them in any way, shape or form.

And no, it isn't any where close to the HBS game. It can't be as Kingmaker was, at least, developed to be a game. The HBS game was deliberately created to troll people. Infinishit's tranny lover confirmed it via twatter.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Poll should've been multiple choice, for those who are undecided or planning to play multiple characters. If I get around to playing this I might go Druid because they're a lot of fun, and/or I might recreate my favorite character I've played in pnp: Caleb Callahan, Cleric of Cayden Cailean.

hellbent

Augur
Poll should've been multiple choice, for those who are undecided or planning to play multiple characters.

If it's good, multiple classes / playthroughs will be the way to go. For the first go around, I'll throw out Alchemist and Magus and just roll 1d12 to pick from the remaining classes.

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Poll should've been multiple choice, for those who are undecided or planning to play multiple characters. If I get around to playing this I might go Druid because they're a lot of fun, and/or I might recreate my favorite character I've played in pnp: Caleb Callahan, Cleric of Cayden Cailean.

I don't like multiple choice in this case, I want to know which class is more popular/less popular. Just vote for the one you're mostly likely to play as. Also the poll is obviously about your first playthrough.

I'm also undecided on whether I'll be playing as a pure sorcerer, sorcerer/dragon disciple, cleric herald caller or inquisitor monster tactician. I'm more inclined towards the sorcerer/dragon disciple, but I'll only choose it if there's cosmetic changes to your character like growing wings and stuff like that. Otherwise I'll make the choice at the time. If there's a god I wouldn't mind being a cleric or inquisitor of then I might pick herald caller or monster tactician, if not then I'll default to pure sorcerer.

If the dragon disciple class is to my satisfaction then I'll go sorcerer 5/fighter 5/dragon disciple 10.

bataille

Arcane
Okay, a question that will decide between bard and druid: can druids cast spells while shapeshifted? I vaguely seem to recall something about a feat for that, but this very well may be from another game.

And the second thing: do a druid's attributes affect the shape form in any way? Because if they don't, it's dump stats galore...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom