Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Fun game. You have to search for clues leading you to the killer, seems like it's randomized every time you play. You can accuse anyone at any time.

I entered a killing spree around town to see if it was possible to kill randomly and it activated a Horde mode, ended up beheaded by a redskin's tomahawk. Will play for realz later.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Finished System Shock 2. Final areas weren't as bad as what I had imagined they'd be based on what people were saying - certainly no Xen like platforming - but I really wish they had made 1 or 2 more Recreation/Ops style decks and skipped the Rickenbacker entirely.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
YV1FTOJ.png

HERESY PURGED!

Isleif revealled the existence of a map to the holy sword, and the party has been hard at work gathering (and earning) its fragments.

In exchange for destroying a blasphemous cult (a reward in itself, really) the Squad secured yet another piece of the puzzle!

sp0HIql.png

Got some more map pieces up north, and even suffered the improper offer of help from a mere WOMYN!

Away with ye, undomesticated feminist!

orxvJAS.png

Party ventures forth through the congoid orcish lands to Phexcaer, renowned city of scum and villainy. The local temples are disgraceful - those filthy protestards cannot even into proper Eucharist!

Cleansing ensures, and the false priest's goons fall before the Defence Squad.

QVfQpxg.png

The city continues to live up to its horrible reputation. Draco tells the truth!

MbmV5K9.png

The party has conquered a couple of dungeons, and all members are now at sixth level. Humanophage's magic resistance is mighty respectable (well, I think), boosted by four artifacts.

Unfortunately, he is still a level short of being able to cast Analyze, so while he can detect magical properties in items, identifying them comes down to trial and error.

Normally, this shouldn't be a problem, but the clairvoyance mages in Thorwal have refused to analyze our artifacts for years now, claiming to be "out" for the day. Textbook example of LIBRUHAL IGNORE if ever I saw one.

zRvIhVH.png

After close to a year of frustrated searching for more clues, Andyman himself approaches the party. Following a long uncomfortable period of silence, the horned messiah telepathically promises to provide a map fragment! (I kid you not!)

Huzzah? Well, possibly. The Squad has patrolled the path where he first appeared for weeks now (battling waves of poorly coordinated orcish scum during every trip) and he has yet to show.

Anyhow, quest goes on!

Toyed with Defiance for the free weekend. Cool world (post-apocalyptic in an advanced state, with nature taking back most of the old buildings) and shooting mechanics (Borderlands in third person - there's even automated shops with timed deals, and you can turn on numerical damage indicators popping up after you shoot something), but the quests are very uninspired (go there, activate/deploy/protect some crates, kill enemies that are patrolling the area). The enemies show some intelligence, seeking cover. Guns feel different from each other, early game they are typical revolvers and assault rifles but according to a review you can eventually get things like incendiary rounds and guns that shoot infecting spores. I found a nice alien auto shotgun that did three glowing shots at one pull of the trigger, but sold it when I found a good old pump shotgun with a big spread, which ensured that at least one pellet caused a critical hit. Chat system is shit, maybe you can extend the window but by default it's a single line at the corner of the screen. You can use some emotes, but main communication is supposed to be via mic. The game doesn't require much teamplay, though - just shoot the non-player things until they fall down. Two races to choose, Human and Khajiit-without-tail-and-cat-ears. Since the show has like 30 races there's apparently more to come, as DLC. Lulz.

Quests are a weird mix of instanced and "regular MMO kind" - when you are doing a quest, you'll see other people who are doing the same quest, and you'll affect each other even though you are still the "main character" - for example, one quest involved raiding a radio station, which required you to disable turrets along the way to the entrance. While nearby players with rifles would distract them, I'd use my invisibility power to run to the controls and turn them off, then we could all advance.

While nice in theory, I think it's a bit fragile - I had to restart this mission two times because we'd be accompanied by an important NPC rogue who could open the main door. I imagine this is because the game expects you to wait until she's done barking her warnings, because I was able to progress after I did it with a less coordinated group and it took us a while to get past the turrets. Said NPC then would hack the computers inside while we protected her from a horde of attackers. After we are successful and she wants to speak with us, the other players disappear for the duration of the dialogue, and she'd gloat about how the two of us did everything on our own. Doesn't the Old Republic MMO work the same way? I dunno.

Would buy at a bigger discount, maybe. It just doesn't offer much content as of now. Some screens below.

6039495958CC2F501EE67CEE64F1D98E02323AE8

6641FA825BC36C8B6C7760F54EB58FE8D3D461C9

3DB0688DF894F332158AA66670E4FAC8016A3E7D

ACFB74776F5EF1FF71B50CCBBAFD58E67132205C

D356818D0644D3DA4485136AF5B3270CE197BE05

1E328DE2997D8EDA9F77F49A2055F816756C2BDE

circ

Arcane
Been trying to install Assassin's Creed 2 for a month or two. Almost did it but then re-installed Torchlight 2 instead. Got bored after a few hours and gave AC 2 a shot finally. This is better than 1? Really??? It's the same shit. Horrible VO and controls by retarded people. No thanks.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Not to spoil you, but don't hang around waiting for the Andyman. He never came back for me either. Apparently it's a common bug.
Haha! Ex-girlfriend joke.

Alright. :cool:

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

It's like the GTA: Vice City of shooters.
You mean the Saints Row 3 of shooters.

Vice City isn't lol random so wacky!! No GTA is, actually.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Rising Storm. Pretty fun. I don't have any experience with Red Orchestra, but this feels like a nice balance between realism and fast paced objective based gameplay. Japanese get a banzai charge and Kwa gets a flamethrower; I've been playing kwa it is very erotic pouring streams of liquid fire into jap bunkers on iwo jima.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Played some Magicka together with a bro, all night. 4.30 in the morning here. :lol:

Man this game is fun, up until I found a M60 (W T F)

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Command Ops.

Full Infantry Corps + Armoured Regiment vs. a full Infantry Corps on fortified positions (Grind Against Defensive Line: The Game).

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thief. How the hell do people live in these places. I swear if I lived in the Down Winds hideout I go to get a snack and end up hopelessly lost, starving to death. I'm tempted to look at a walkthrough but I know I'd regret it if I did. So far the 4th mission has been my favorite, the one where you have to tail the assassins back to the mansion, then loot the place; a nice little plot told without relying on extensive cutscenes and other bullshit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thief. How the hell do people live in these places. I swear if I lived in the Down Winds hideout I go to get a snack and end up hopelessly lost, starving to death. I'm tempted to look at a walkthrough but I know I'd regret it if I did. So far the 4th mission has been my favorite, the one where you have to tail the assassins back to the mansion, then loot the place; a nice little plot told without relying on extensive cutscenes and other bullshit.
Enjoy it bro, Thief is one of the best games ever made.

As for me, I'm playing (reviewing) Resident Evil: Reveleations. Well after the disaster which were RE5 and 6, this is like a breath of fresh air. In terms of gameplay, it is similar to RE4, but in terms of atmosphere it is more like the old classic REs. Enjoying it a lot.

I'm playing System Shock 2 next to that, although I couldn't play much of it (why does a day only consist of 24 hours). And...what a shocker...it is great. Especially after modding it up properly.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
O look i'm playing the barely mobile turret guy, pwning n00bz and racking up kills :troll:

DMB is the most neglected class when it comes to having a useful secondary weapon or upgrades in general. Everyone else has been given machine guns over time (even snipers and JUGS!), and its main chaingun has been nerfed by 8%, making DMB not nearly as relevant as it used to be. There's another chaingun which retains former strength, but it fires at slower rate, and its harder to hit moving targets with, thus its a bogus upgrade.

Moreso, the ammo pickups have also been nerfed, thus robbing DMB of an upgrade slot that could've been used for Ultra Capacitor. Instead, it's mandatory to have Looter in that slot, otherwise you'll be running with 0 bullets after 30 seconds of gameplay.

DMB takes skill, and requires one strictly controls the terms of engagement. It has 1.5 weapons (a weak rocket launcher with an arms' reach!). An agile stealth spinfusor guy or a Brute/Jug that know what they're doing, can defeat a DMB. Jug can have mortar, strong machinegun, AND spinfusor discs equpped at the same time! And it doesn't have a lost upgrade slot...

kazgar

Arcane
Just finished Divinity 2 DKS (main campaign end RAGE, Flames of Vengeance expansion was pretty tops)

Now mucking around with On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Three, some nice concepts in there, liking it more then breath of death iv so far.
http://www.rainslick.com/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom