Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Trying out the Discworld Adventure Game. Surprised the General MIDI music is utter shit (in the CD version). The MT-32 music is glorious however. <3

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
About to fire up NWN, found some cheat codes to get the attributes I want and since it's primarily a solo game I think I could have some fun with it and shit, even if it's not very :obviously:. Haven't played it in about 10 years so let's hope it aged a little better (I remember it being rather boring and same-y as far as combat and environments go).

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trying out the Discworld Adventure Game. Surprised the General MIDI music is utter shit (in the CD version). The MT-32 music is glorious however. <3
That's because you are using your soundcard's shitty FM synth instead of GMidi lib most likely

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
That's because you are using your soundcard's shitty FM synth instead of GMidi lib most likely

No I physically own 2 Roland sound modules (a MT-32 and a CM-500 which is a LAPC-1 and a Sound Canvas) and I can see the MIDI being transmitted via my USB MIDI interface.

But I solved my problem, I was using the wrong Mode setting on the CM-500. Now it sounds fucking SWEET on the Sound Canvas. <3

The uh.... puzzle mechanics are.... interesting.

DeepOcean

Arcane

No I physically own 2 Roland sound modules (a MT-32 and a CM-500 which is a LAPC-1 and a Sound Canvas) and I can see the MIDI being transmitted via my USB MIDI interface.

But I solved my problem, I was using the wrong Mode setting on the CM-500. Now it sounds fucking SWEET on the Sound Canvas. <3

The uh.... puzzle mechanics are.... interesting.
Did you found the golden banana puzzle? The logic behind it was so bizarre that I gave up and used walkthroughs extensively. I played alot of adventure games and Discworld 1 and 2 (mostly the first one) are the ones with some of the most bizarre puzzles I ever found in adventure games, it is a pity because they are funny as hell.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
videogames suck give up on shit hobby
X1aTVCc.png

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Gothic still. I'm getting near the end. That backstabbing cock baron Gomez already met his end. I spilled his pig guts onto the floor of his kitchen. I killed his faggot bodyguards too the sycophantic slime. Raven you arrogant fuck your eyes will be pecked from your shattered skull by your namesake. The old camp is putrid now with the stench of blood and pulped meat. Even Thorus my once brother, he struck at me when I went to greet him and so I boiled the skin of the traitor whore from his bones.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
And finished Gothic. Pretty cool ending. Final fight ended up being kind of a pushover since I just summoned 3 rock golems to help me. Though I suppose at the time the somewhat large cliff would have been very annoying. But I don't have to worry because I can now move onto Gothic 2 right now!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Replaying The Witcher with Enhanced Edition + HD gfx mods. 'tiz heavan.
It has TressFX for pubic hair?

The two model+texture mods at ~2GB were enough for me, though I am sure the other mods would also improve the gameplay experience in that... area.

And 1.5 patch finally made the game playable for me, removing TAGES for good.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Decided to play another game before starting Gothic II, so I don't get fatigued by the same gameplay. Going back to my System Shock 2 playthrough; starting to warm up to the game. I guess the problem was that I wanted it to be something it's not (a survival horror stealth game or something), but I've now gotten over that idiocy and am just taking it as it comes, taking it hard. It's kind of like a metroidvania-fps really. I've been completely out of psy-hypos for like the past hour, and have taken to luring enemies under the elevators then crushing them with the lift. I've managed to get quite lost, searching for a keycode for a door, and it's a very fun experience that you just don't get in modern fps games.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm playing Far Cry 3 and ... is ok. Stealth is actually better than in Dishonored or Metro LL.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Now playing - Eador: Masters of the Broken World.

One of the few games I've played for a long time that deserves a complete Seal of Approval with few to no buts. Just a good game.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity

One of the few games I've played for a long time that deserves a complete Seal of Approval with few to no buts. Just a good game.

I started playing that recently and I agree, it is pretty good. Also picked up Dungeon Keeper 2, Beyond Good and Evil, and Eschalon- Book 2. I have not made it far in any of them yet, but they are all entertaining in their own ways.

Gregz

Arcane
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

It's like the GTA: Vice City of shooters.

:popamole:

Shameless B-grade 80s action humor, most of which is delivered by Michael Biehn himself.

:thumbsup:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It has only one buts. But it is broken. Liked the first game (Genesis), if Eador 2 gets patched up properly, it will be heaven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom