Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Is it still available for free? Really have to check it out.

@The Whispered World - it does have some charm still.. Even though the protagonist is a bit too over the the top whiny. That was my biggest issue, not the puzzles.

Currently playing Dark Souls 1 to prepare for the second one. Getting my ass kicked in the DLCs forest by those guardians in the forsest, of all things. Didn't remember having problems with them in my first playthrough. Guess I have to git gud.

Also bought Hotline Miami and Sacred:Gold on steam, these will be the ones I am playing as well in the next time. Some Euro Truck Simulator 2 when I skype with my friend and want to relax a bit.

Replaying Thief, but TDP version this time

I think it is better than TG. It has much better pacing (Thieves Guild, I'm looking at you), spares the unnecessary changes to vanilla levels, and in general it's more like listening to a music album of 10 relentless tracks, than those 18-track ones intertwined with ups and downs and some filler.

Fuck how Homeric

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl with OGSE mod. My first playthrhrough was rushed, incompetend incomplete and well... not great experience.
Now it should be better (repair options, accesories and respawns) but the AI annoy me (wallhacking+autoaim) and fact that armors and suits other than exoskeletons and enviromental suits are basically useless, you can just run around naked.

I hope to finish it and finally play Oblivion Lost Remake, which is basicaly done but translation is not done yet. If not - try again with Zone of Alienation which looks phenomenal (not shitted with HDR/bloom, good lighting and textures) or see if Narodnaya Solyanka is done.

Played some in Medal of Honor addons and it's quite good. Not fan of modern shooters SP where everything is pointed and it's constand GO GO GO.

Is it still available for free? Really have to check it out.
It was if you merged your Playfire account with GreenManGaming account.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Finished Persona 1 PSP remake - Barring some balance issues (what's new) I found it to be much better than both 3 and 4. It's basically SMT with more focused story.

Finished Corpse party - 2D Survival horror + adventure + VN. Shitty graphics, very good voice acting. Overall pretty good.

Replayed Bloodlines as a Ventrue with the Clan Quest Mod. The mod was surprisingly decent.

Now replaying Blood Omen, but Demon Souls just arrived in the mail, so I'll probably drop it.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think it is better than TG. It has much better pacing (Thieves Guild, I'm looking at you), spares the unnecessary changes to vanilla levels, and in general it's more like listening to a music album of 10 relentless tracks, than those 18-track ones intertwined with ups and downs and some filler.

Fuck how Homeric
Yes, I had heard others expressing similar sentiments, so I was eager to try TDP now that it's been long enough since I played TG for a replay. I remember the general themes and some specific locations of the levels, but not quite the full layouts so I still need to explore the levels almost like it was the first time again.

Also, what's Homeric about what?

Fuck how Homeric
Yes, I had heard others expressing similar sentiments, so I was eager to try TDP now that it's been long enough since I played TG for a replay. I remember the general themes and some specific locations of the levels, but not quite the full layouts so I still need to explore the levels almost like it was the first time again.

Also, what's Homeric about what?

As in "Homeric metaphor". I know it was cheesy, but served its purpose.

The levels aren't changed architecturally from what I remember. Some enemies were replaced here and there, including some questionable choices.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I have been replaying a large portion of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, skipping over the shitty monster bits. The level design and gunplay are so arousing!!!

remember me.
all the class biocock lacked, and it's a pain for me to praise frenchies.
even if linear to death it shows it's been made with care and attention to details. better plot than biocock, better gameplay than biocock, better graphics than biocock, better actors than biocock.
i don't understand why this has been treated like a crap product while biocock is supposed to be the citizen kane of videogames.

oh, yes, bribes.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have this strange enjoyment in playing Lego games these days. I even went and bought another X360 gamepad that I can use on the PC just cause of em. So far Ive played with them kids LotR, Marvel superheros, Batman 1 and 2, Indiana Jones and the latest Lego movie game. None completed yet, sometimes its bad to have too much to choose from.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Funny thing - LEGO games are big no-no for me (not fan of platforms etc.) and they're become playable for me when I catch the fever or cold.

2house2fly

Magister
I've been playing Phoenix HD on my iphone whenever I need to kill a few minutes for months now and it's still great. It's a really gorgeous shmup with randomised power-ups and enemy patterns, which takes the form of one long, unwinnable stage where you have to survive as long as possible. There are six ship models but only the first one is free (as is the game) and the rest are a dollar each. They're well worth it though, as each plays differently and they're fun to experiment with. Phoenix HD is the only thing I'm going to miss when I ditch my iphone in favour of a phone that's actually good.

My wife bought a cheap PS3 recently with the Ico/Shadow Of The Colossus HD collection, so I've been slaying giant monsters whenever I get the chance. SOTC is as fun (and also annoying) as I remember and really benefits from HD. Ico does too, though as an older game it looks ropier.

Tommers

Augur
Been playing clash of heroes on the way to work. It's kind of OK, I enjoyed it to start with but I want it to be over now. I'm in the last section so hopefully soon.

I've also been playing the luftrauser webgame to get ready for the full version being released on 18th March. It's great, but I don't know why. I can't stop playing it.

And Broforce, which is a side scrolling shootemup starring American action heroes like terminator, robocop , John mclane and BA Baracus. Everything blows up. It's fun. There are zip lines.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Played Parasite in City and Luna Shooter yesterday. God, I woke up today feeling like my dick is going to fall off.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Finished FEZ earlier today after grabbing it in the latest Humble Bundle. It's an interesting game and if nothing else I give Polytron a lot of credit for doing something original, and seemingly designed to be viral in nature. There are several moments in the game that make you completely re-evaluate just about the entire state of the world and your abilities within it.

That said, other than the treasure-hunting side of things, and the great presentation, there isn't really a lot to FEZ as far as its traditional gameplay elements go. The platforming is pretty simplistic and getting around the world can be slow and tedious. Although I would eventually like to collect all the remaining collectibles, I'm not sure at this point if I really want to just because wandering around the world isn't that fun once you've been through it once already.

Now onto Guacamelee!, which is basically a Metroidvania brawler on steroids. Really fantastic art and music, and just move along at a great pace, with basically no filler at all. I haven't played a good Metroid-style game in a while and this definitely fits the bill even if the theme of the game is totally different.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Collecting all the remaining collectables is basically impossible anyways, without using a guide. The postgame puzzles in FEZ are insane. One of them was solved by combining the efforts of many people to brute force a puzzles with millions of answers because that shit was easier than solving the actual puzzle, which involved vague hints and encryption and weird, multidimensional language or some shit.

I'd have probably really gotten into it but I gave up with the QR codes because I don't own a phone and figured the other shit was equally lame. Pity.

LizardKing

Scholar
Just finished Harvester and I found it interesting, even though it was a shitty shitty game.
I've seen worse FMV, but it still wasn't good. Some of the special effects were absolutely ridiculous.
Puzzle design sucked (pixel hunting, finding triggers) and that shitty combat ruined the last part of the game.

Harvester is a bizarre creation full of dark humor and WTF moments.
The game doesn't pull punches and that's basically the only thing I liked about the game.
I'd recommend watching a lets play instead of wasting your time playing this garbage.

Ashery

Prophet
Unreal World v3.18. Because there's been quite some change.

Hah. Picked that back up a few days ago as well. Just lost a promising character to a Njerpez archer when I went to check a trap fence while wounded. i tried to turn and run but I got hit by the fourth arrow and immediately went unconscious. I had just finally acquired an axe from another Njerpez earlier, too, so I was finally going to be able to get some skis and a cellar.

Current char started with a crushed left hand (Maxed seriousness) and a shitty knife. The combination has definitely made things interesting as I can't manufacture even primitive weapons or clean skins as they both require two good hands. All I've been able to do is sout for a good permanent base location and build up a lake reed stockpile.

Shralla

Educated
I am quite literally wasting time on Mighty Quest for Epic Loot because that game blows and all I'm doing is killing time until Titanfall is out.

finished "remember me".
it's not the masterpiece i'll suggest my grandchildren to try but it does its job.
true cyberpunk, great atmosphere, good musics, bearable plot, decent progression of its even if simplicistic gameplay, and all the humbleness and discretion in the delivery of metaphors and artistic ambitions which biocock lacked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom