Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Fired up Ultima Underworld for the first time ever :yeah:

Already found a route to level 3 but got my ass kicked and dragged my bleeding orifice back to upper levels to get some xp first

Wow, I am seriously jealous that you get to experience UW1 for the first time. Enjoy this masterpiece :)

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
It would have been a much more masterly masterpiece if its second half wasn't so terribru.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Playing King's Bounty the Legend, played the shit out of the original 1990's one
So, how far did you get, did you ever find the treasure ? How much of the puzzle did you have, and what is the winning combination - I always thought ghosts (was it ghosts.. they keep adding up, while you kill enemies) were pretty sweet, although they can drain your treasure pretty quick if allowed to grow to big numbers. It was fun owning castles, but there are just nog enough turns in total to properly secure all continents in my opinion. Great game, and I also enjoyed the new version of it. Haven't tried the AP one or the Crossroads one though.

kazgar

Arcane
Playing King's Bounty the Legend, played the shit out of the original 1990's one
So, how far did you get, did you ever find the treasure ? How much of the puzzle did you have, and what is the winning combination - I always thought ghosts (was it ghosts.. they keep adding up, while you kill enemies) were pretty sweet, although they can drain your treasure pretty quick if allowed to grow to big numbers. It was fun owning castles, but there are just nog enough turns in total to properly secure all continents in my opinion. Great game, and I also enjoyed the new version of it. Haven't tried the AP one or the Crossroads one though.

I finished it a bunch of times and got the treasure, was some overpowered things you could do from memory to help get through the battles. Finding the new one bloody long and a little grindy, should probably mess around with my army to give myself some variety in abilities else it gets all a bit by rote.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm playing the Legend of Queen Opala 2 and Rance 4 whenever I have a little time to play lighter RPGs that don't require much attention, as they are require some grinding to advance. Honestly, though, I play them so little and advance so slowly that I do not even mention them on my play list right now. Same for Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, which I'm not really sure I like enough to finish just yet. Seems silly to say since I liked FFT so much.

When I can sit down and seriously play, I have been focused on Heroine's Quest, playing a rogue with the capability of casting magic. I've explored the majority of the map and have been building up my skills in game. Right now there is a boy that requires saving as he has been attacked by a troll. I am enjoying the game so far, and chose to play it since I wanted to try the best games that 2013 had to offer so I feel better about voting here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpgs-in-2013.88730/

Out of the 2013 list, I've played Paper Sorcerer, Shadowrun Returns, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, and Driftmoon. Out of these, I enjoyed Paper Sorcerer the most, but Heroine's Quest may give it a run for its money. After this I plan to give Expeditions: Conquistador a try before voting on what I feel is the best of 2013. The other games on the list do not interest me as much.

The second game I am focused on is the beta version of the new Madman by DrDungeon . I've been a rat bastard, since I've found some exploits I took advantage of that he's been fixing. Unfortunately for everyone else, that means they'll be playing a harder version of the game I'm trying. The game definitely has an old school feel to it. I've been too busy this week with work to continue it, but I plan to dig in more heavily this week now that some of my work schedule is calming down.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Playing GTA IV, I hated the game when it first came out because it was kinda too serious compared to San Andreas but I was watching a few episodes of an LP and kinda enjoyed it so played it. I really hate the last mission. I replayed it 9 times so far and I either fail at jumping with the bike most times to grab the helicopter or sink the helicopter.

Same thing with San Andreas and 3's last missions where you massacre an army and end up in a chase or whatever. Vice City was good IIRC where it was the other way around, Diaz was the one who came to kill you in your mansion. Might replay VC and SA after Liberty City.

circ

Arcane
So I'm watching this video of um... Banished, some new citybuilder and suddenly I start thinking of orchards and some rts or citybuilder that let you build them and you just left them on autopilot and they made you cash or food or whatever resource. So I'm thinking ORCHARDS YAY and install AoE 3 again because I can't remember what game had orchards other than AoE 3 - except it doesn't actually have orchards that work that way, and not in the campaign either.

Sooo... what game had orchards that made you money?

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Faster Than Light: Trying out the new free expansion, good game with more content now!

Warlock - Master of the Arcane: Had it for a long time in my steam inventory but never really played it, guess i wanted to try it now when Warlock 2 and Age of Wonders 3 got/will get released.

Mount & Blade Warband: Playing with the 1257AD mod a little bit with my Native Expansion campaign on hold. Plunder & pillage!

Oh and also Dota 2 with mates.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Playing GTA IV, I hated the game when it first came out because it was kinda too serious compared to San Andreas but I was watching a few episodes of an LP and kinda enjoyed it so played it. I really hate the last mission. I replayed it 9 times so far and I either fail at jumping with the bike most times to grab the helicopter or sink the helicopter.

Same thing with San Andreas and 3's last missions where you massacre an army and end up in a chase or whatever. Vice City was good IIRC where it was the other way around, Diaz was the one who came to kill you in your mansion. Might replay VC and SA after Liberty City.

GTA finales are always the worst examples of ramping shit up to massively annoying levels rather than fun.

FuelBlooded

Scholar
So I'm watching this video of um... Banished, some new citybuilder and suddenly I start thinking of orchards and some rts or citybuilder that let you build them and you just left them on autopilot and they made you cash or food or whatever resource. So I'm thinking ORCHARDS YAY and install AoE 3 again because I can't remember what game had orchards other than AoE 3 - except it doesn't actually have orchards that work that way, and not in the campaign either.

Sooo... what game had orchards that made you money?
Caesar 3?

Deleted member 7219

Just crossed a load of games off my "need to finish" list, feels good to chip away at the pile of shame. I completed Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall and the Bioshock Infinite DLC.

Bioshock Infinite was mostly terrible, especially the story and the "SHOOT EVERYTHING DURRR" gameplay, but the graphics, presentation and polish were nice.

Dragonfall had an interesting ending scene, I hope they make another campaign with more emphasis on C&Cs and ways to avoid combat.

Got more games to get through so I can uninstall them, Assassin's Creed Liberation (I'm about 75% of my way through it) and the Dishonored DLC.

dunno lah

Arcane
Coming back to NFS after donkeys years. Damn NFS4 nerfed Diablo SV like shit. Can't even steer the car in rainy conditions and now I've lost my car in a High Stakes race. :rage:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trying to get into Divinity 2 after abandoning with only two hours played a year or so ago. I enjoy Larian's writing but oh God... the Gamebryo engine. Combat is atrocious. Everything is floaty, nothing has impact. The talents are pretty ass, too.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Trying to get into Divinity 2 after abandoning with only two hours played a year or so ago. I enjoy Larian's writing but oh God... the Gamebryo engine. Combat is atrocious. Everything is floaty, nothing has impact. The talents are pretty ass, too.
Just jumpwhack everything man, speeds stuff up.

circ

Arcane
Le Saboteur. Erm I mean Ze Saboteur. Erm, The Saboteur.

Wow. There sure are a lot of tits in this game. I meant to play this long ago and finally got around to installing it. For a game about sabotage, there sure is a lot of driving in this bitch. With some really horrible mechanics and controls. Why does a female nazi something run around with a corsette and a push-up bra?

Does this game have anything noteworthy, because the gameplay mechanics are straight out of shitvillage, along with the story. And dat black and white filter LULUL WUT? Why wasn't the person responsible for that idea not immediately fired?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Le Saboteur. Erm I mean Ze Saboteur. Erm, The Saboteur.

Wow. There sure are a lot of tits in this game. I meant to play this long ago and finally got around to installing it. For a game about sabotage, there sure is a lot of driving in this bitch. With some really horrible mechanics and controls. Why does a female nazi something run around with a corsette and a push-up bra?

Does this game have anything noteworthy, because the gameplay mechanics are straight out of shitvillage, along with the story. And dat black and white filter LULUL WUT? Why wasn't the person responsible for that idea not immediately fired?
Music's good.

It's a bitch, yeah. Just ignore the NPCs instructions, they are like GOGOGOGOGO but you have to do it at the right time.

circ

Arcane
Also replaying C&C Tiberium Wars, and I guess trying to play through it again because Saboteur is bad. Nod of course because are you kidding me TRICIA HELFER. But I completely forgot the utter lack of level design and attention to detail. And a tactic called - press this button repeatedly to swarm the opposition with disposable mass of forces. Am tempted to reinstall Tiberian Sun instead.

circ

Arcane
Anyone playing Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance ? Impressions ?
So there is no-one at all that tried this one out ? Looks like some form of Plants and Zombies type of game.
Hmm, think I saw a gameplay video of it and it had nothing to do with Warhammer except units looked roughly like they were pulled from it. Stupid mobile game as I recall.

Best. Licence. Evar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom