Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trying to get into Divinity 2 after abandoning with only two hours played a year or so ago. I enjoy Larian's writing but oh God... the Gamebryo engine. Combat is atrocious. Everything is floaty, nothing has impact. The talents are pretty ass, too.
Just jumpwhack everything man, speeds stuff up.
Yeah I'm noticing that. It's just the engine.... so awful.

Giving Dawn of War 2: Retribution a go. I'm playing Imperial Guard campaign and I can't say I like this game all that much. All the missions so far were all about respawning heroes when they die and just flooding enemies with guardsmen. It felt more like watching detailed 3d battles than playing and rts but maybe it will get better later.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Giving Dawn of War 2: Retribution a go. I'm playing Imperial Guard campaign and I can't say I like this game all that much. All the missions so far were all about respawning heroes when they die and just flooding enemies with guardsmen. It felt more like watching detailed 3d battles than playing and rts but maybe it will get better later.

It gets better after first 3-4 tutorialish missions, though you still need to spam guardsmen as Imperials till you get some other units :)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Played The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. People say "if you didn't enjoyed Torchlight2 then don't buy that game".
They were wrong, game is fun. It feels like good singleplayer h'n's than focused on multiplayer Torchlight2, Diablo2 etc. with calculated builds, skills and similiar bullcrap.

I though that's dialogs are bit too much try-hard but overral are decent.

It won't. Still better than vanilia, which bored me to tears. And I really like tactical games....
Only reason to play DoW2 (any) is multiplayer, also Retribution have Last Stand, nice thing for few hours or more if you catch it.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
maybe it will get better later.

it won't

Only reason to play DoW2 (any) is multiplayer

And yet the multiplayer is still vastly and significantly inferior to dow1.

Also, lies - vanilla and retri SP are terribad, yes, but Chaos Rising is actually really cool.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Nearing the end of Quake. Having a surprisingly hard time working up enthusiasm for this game...It's not nearly as much fun as Duke Nukem 3D was (which I played some months ago).

Also playing Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games. Almost done with the tutorial campaign (to refresh my skills), and then Fidel deserts me. I find Fidel's lack of fidelity disturbing.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I found that I still got unfinished DLC for RAGE boughted year ago. Download it with speed of light of average internet avaliable in east eauropean villages which took me 25h of DL. Time spend in the Zone from Stalker games...

First though was "holy shit I'm really bad in FPS games". And then, finished it in what, 3-4h?

Now it's time to try other FPS title - Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing the hiking simulator "real life tourist visit to Ireland."

So far it has bland graphics, looks like Pennsylvania.

DoW 2: Retrubution didn't exactly got much better but at least I finally had Baneblade mission. Got I love those things. I remember prefering them over titans in Final Liberation and always recruiting one too many which screwed with FL army points system (Making Orkz spam titans).

300px-Marsbaneblade.jpg

:love:

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
On an Eastern Front kick right now so supplementing RO2 online with some Iron Front Liberation 1944 offline.
Yes it sucks but fuck you anyway.

Holy fuck do not (DO NOT) under any circumstances attempt to play Iron Front Liberation 1944, even after the last patch. Piece of shit is still utterly unplayable.
I literally had to lone wolf commando the first real Soviet mission since my squadmates just stood around staring at their fingernails. All plausibility went out the window when I was able
to walk right up to the enemy and shoot them at distance of 2m.

Damm shame since it coulda shoulda been a contender. The game's tank modeling and interface is top notch. It's IF's only redeemable asset.

Good news is it made me re-install Steel Fury 1942 with the latest SP mod and holy shit it's some sexy tank action!

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
On an Eastern Front kick right now so supplementing RO2 online with some Iron Front Liberation 1944 offline.
Yes it sucks but fuck you anyway.

Holy fuck do not (DO NOT) under any circumstances attempt to play Iron Front Liberation 1944, even after the last patch. Piece of shit is still utterly unplayable.
I literally had to lone wolf commando the first real Soviet mission since my squadmates just stood around staring at their fingernails. All plausibility went out the window when I was able
to walk right up to the enemy and shoot them at distance of 2m.

Damm shame since it coulda shoulda been a contender. The game's tank modeling and interface is top notch. It's IF's only redeemable asset.

Good news is it made me re-install Steel Fury 1942 with the latest SP mod and holy shit it's some sexy tank action!
D:

Playing GTA IV, I hated the game when it first came out because it was kinda too serious compared to San Andreas but I was watching a few episodes of an LP and kinda enjoyed it so played it. I really hate the last mission. I replayed it 9 times so far and I either fail at jumping with the bike most times to grab the helicopter or sink the helicopter.

Same thing with San Andreas and 3's last missions where you massacre an army and end up in a chase or whatever. Vice City was good IIRC where it was the other way around, Diaz was the one who came to kill you in your mansion. Might replay VC and SA after Liberty City.

GTA finales are always the worst examples of ramping shit up to massively annoying levels rather than fun.

Nothing wrong with a game with that amount of content making 'finishing' it a challenge. I'm not much of a GTA fan, mind you, so not the target audience.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Scotland is basically a mod using the same engine, pirate it in viking longboats, but don't purchase.

Aztually I really enjoyed my time in Scotland, but yeah, they're pretty similar.

I told a waitress here today we're not going to make it to Scotland and she said "you've seen Northern Ireland, Scotland is the same exact thing with worse food."

Delterius

Arcane
Scotland is basically a mod using the same engine, pirate it in viking longboats, but don't purchase.

Aztually I really enjoyed my time in Scotland, but yeah, they're pretty similar.

I told a waitress here today we're not going to make it to Scotland and she said "you've seen Northern Ireland, Scotland is the same exact thing with worse food."
So... there's an actual hierarchy within the British Isle's culinary?

Humppaleka

Cipher
Beat Alan Wake 5 minutes ago. Was depressingly mediocre and the gameplay got old after two hours... but the special episodes that you can play after beating the main game were worth it. They were better than the whole damn main game in my opinion.

kazgar

Arcane
Finally finished king's bounty: the legend, steam says it took 37 hours, was aiming to be rather completist, (though didn't do all the item upgrade type battles)

Pretty fun, though unlike the old one have no real desire to replay ras the story isn't that amazing. However am going to start on armoured princess.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
have no real desire to replay ras the story isn't that amazing. However am going to start on armoured princess.
I tried the "princess" after "the legend" and it was too much of the same gameplay, couldn't finish. It's just very similar but with more content.

kazgar

Arcane
have no real desire to replay ras the story isn't that amazing. However am going to start on armoured princess.
I tried the "princess" after "the legend" and it was too much of the same gameplay, couldn't finish. It's just very similar but with more content.

I think i'll take longer with it (real time not game time), but at least its a new storyline, couldn't hack legend's world/quests again right now

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished Costume Quest's main story and started the Grubbins On Ice add-on (they call it DLC, but it's 1/3 of the main game in size; not that the main game is very big). More of the same, which is a bit disappointing as Stacking DLC at least introduced a couple of new gameplay elements.

Where are my unicorn and vampire costumes, Double Fine? What have you done with them? :x

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

I think i'll take longer with it (real time not game time), but at least its a new storyline, couldn't hack legend's world/quests again right now

Stories aren't really the strongpoint of those games. Never finished Legend... or Princess... or Warriors of the North.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

So... there's an actual hierarchy within the British Isle's culinary?
Nah, we're all on the same level, we just hate each other.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Finished Alpha Protocol. I know shit's unbalanced and buggy, but hard mode seems to push it to eleven. Guards 2-3 shoting me, bosses almost imposible to beat. I understand why it didn't do well on the market, cause it's neither a good stealth game nor a good action game.

But I kinda enjoyed for the story and dialogue. It's a gud RPG at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom