Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Black Cat

Magister
MetalCraze said:
Anno 2070

How is it once you start playing it knowing what everything is and does? I tried it a little bit with the campaign, but it just didn't click with me. What little free play I did was pretty fun, though I did not knew what anything did or was at first and had to demolish my pwetty city, like, thrice because I had miscalculated almost everythingie.

MetalCraze said:
Dangerous Waters

Dangerous Waters is quite awesome.

:love:

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
preparing my butt for ps3 valkyria chronicles and gran turismo 5 with the logitech gt wheel fuuuuuuuyeaaaahhhhhh

MetalCraze

Arcane
Black Cat said:
MetalCraze said:
Anno 2070

How is it once you start playing it knowing what everything is and does?
Haven't gotten to that point yet

I tried it a little bit with the campaign, but it just didn't click with me. What little free play I did was pretty fun, though I did not knew what anything did or was at first and had to demolish my pwetty city, like, thrice because I had miscalculated almost everythingie.
I had this problem even in a campaign once. Campaign keeps the track of how you've built your city through missions in a whole campaign chapter - yeah they are short, but it still was painful to learn that my city was really messed up by the end when it became too big and got out of hand.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
MetalCraze said:
Some Anno 2070:
2zhplpk.jpg
Looks good.
I always appreciated the ability to build docks and waterfronts at will in the Anno games. Makes the cities more believable and charming.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I started Fallout:NV, finishing up the tutorial section.

So, the way to play it, is Hardcore Mode & no VATS, right ? This is my forst playthrough, so no mods yet.

Gregz

Arcane
the above said:
:( I just lost my lvl30 warrior to a retarded carrion crawler in Angband on around level 27.

First it paralyzed me which was pretty lucky for it. Then a fucking Tengu teleported me to itself. I actually thought this would be good since it got me away from the crawler and the Tengu's barely hurt me at this point, but then a unique showed up and started hacking me. THEN the stupid fucking Tengu phased door, disappeared, and allowed the crawler to come back at me. From there it was a sad show seeing my character slowly hacked to death. In the end the crawler got the final blow.

:salute:
:lol:, playing an *angband on hardcore is pretty hardcore. :salute:

I set wizard mode and levelscum for artifacts, then beat the game on my annual playthrough of Zangband. My favorite are those huge spiral vaults with like 6 artifacts and half a dozen XP or +1 all stats potions.

Zangband is really great because the last update includes random artifacts. You can get some really OP gear if the RNG rolls your way.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
DwarvenFood said:
I started Fallout:NV, finishing up the tutorial section.

So, the way to play it, is Hardcore Mode & no VATS, right ? This is my forst playthrough, so no mods yet.

Hardcore doesn't really make the game much more challenging, but some of the tweaks it adds makes the game less of a cakewalk. Food and water isn't too hard to get, and broken limbs can be taken care of more or less easily, though you may want to avoid unecessary risks if you are deep into unknown territory, but stimpacks becoming a heal over time effect instead of an instant heal ensures that you can't go into the inventory in the middle of battle and heal to full health in less than a second. Overall, hardcore mode adds a tiny little teensy bit of challenge, isn't too tedious, will require a bit of planning from you, which is never a bad thing, and adds a bit of immersion. So yeah, go for it, and you can always turn it off later if you do not like it.

VATS isn't really game breaking this time around. You'd only take 10% of damage while in VATS in Fallout 3, but you take full damage in New Vegas while chaining shots with more precision, so using it is often a trade-off situation. Given that you can use the iron sights this time around, you may not need VATS much if you have a good (player) aim, but it can help in a pinch. Of course you are free to not use it but I don't see any reason why.

As for mods, I played the game vanilla on my first playthrough and did not feel the need for mods, so I guess my next playthrough will be done in the same flavour, except for bug fixing mods. Actually, I did use one mod, and that was MTUI. It tweaks the size of the texts and menus to make the UI more suitable for a PC, and while it's nothing drastic, it's a vast improvement over the stock settings. Other than these, I do not recommend anything, but maybe I'm unaware of some totally must-have stuff.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thanks Gragt that helped. Enjoying the game so far. Still playing Binding of Isaac as well, finally killed mum for the 1st time. x-ray vision + dead bird and some generig power up's (hp, power).

thesoup

Arcane
You should try out the batman mod.

I've peaked level 19, I'm close to 20. Right now I'm in Old World Blues and loving it; definitely worth the price. Advice: stock up on ammo before venturing there, especially if you prefer guns to energy weapons.

As for hardcore mode, I think one shouldn't play the game without it. It doesn't make the game oh so realistic nor does it add some significant challenge, but what it does is add a fuckton of weight. You need drinks and food which weigh and ammo also weighs. I'm always carrying at least 180/220 and can't really loot all that much without getting drunk or using buffouts. It also forces you to look after your companions better since they can permanently die. I know I had thought of some other stuff which would be cool to be also in hardcore mode, but I can't remember right now. Well, the skill check tags in conversations should go.

circ

Arcane
Anno 2070 for a few days.

It's a little more than an extended QTE, but not much. And not sure if a bug or random LOLFEATURE or not, but seriously, your citizens rebelling when they have plenty of tokenitem that takes three fucking locations to make? Fuck that shit. And everything takes a shit load of room, except towards the end when they say LOLWHATWASWETHINKING and give you buildings with ridiculous stats that take pretty little room. Of course you still have the farms etc. You also have one broken as fuck economy. Whos genius idea was it to pretty much only bring in money from taxes? Once you've seen the final super stuff you can make, it becomes pretty pointless. Kinda like Sim games, except here it just gets ridiculously meticulous. Plus the combat is pure yawn inducing crap. Well it looks and runs better than Civ V because someone can atleast code somewhat, but eh, was Anno 1404 or whatever this boring in the end?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Nattvardsvin said:
Replaying Quest for Glory games.

Did this a couple of months ago, had an awesome time. What class did you pick? And have you tried the QFG2 remake?

Nattvardsvin

Learned
Sceptic said:
Nattvardsvin said:
Replaying Quest for Glory games.

Did this a couple of months ago, had an awesome time. What class did you pick? And have you tried the QFG2 remake?

Magic User.
I have stupidly wasted a lot of fucking silver on shitty items.

I have not tried the QFG2 remake. Is it a official one or fanmade?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Nattvardsvin said:
I have stupidly wasted a lot of fucking silver on shitty items.
What shitty items? in the first game? The only thing you don't want to waste too much money on is potions, since they don't make the transition (but your money does). If by "shitty item" you mean the chainmail, that's actually a great investment, as you'll keep it through until the end of QFG3.

I have not tried the QFG2 remake. Is it a official one or fanmade?
Fanmade, though the quality is easily on par with being official. Unless you rage at the thought of playing 1 or 2 with the point and click interface, I heartily recommend the remake.
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/qfg2/

Just finished up Raidou Kuzonoha vs King Abbadon for the first cycle, and went right into King Mode. It's a change, for sure. No longer do I have my elite team of Horsemen, Seraphim, Red Cape, and Soulless Army goons and the fiends are chasing you from the very beginning. Shit is crazy. Can't wait to see what the three bonus bosses are like on this.

thesoup

Arcane
Finished Old World Blues and Honest Hearts. OWB was pretty sweet, while HH was rather disappointing. It felt unfinished.

Captain Shrek

IWD2.

Reliving the moment where Xuki tries to distract you with her Bioware options while the Ogres cut down the bridge.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Was playing The Catacomb (aka Catacomb 2), and now I'm stuck :rage:

I'm in level 11 with the tombs. I get messages telling me that "the way to the 12th tomb is guarded by the sisters" and "heaven knows where it's hidden". I think the sisters refer to the tombs of Cadrilla and Shalara (the only ones that sound feminine), no idea what heaven refers to, and I can't find the tomb and the way to level 12. I am raging very much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom