Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Finished Halo on Legendary. I'll need a week to get over it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah that game got kinda old if you abuse kicking all the fucking time.
I'm really doing nothing but bloodbowling with Jaedar nightly. I didn't think BB games would take that long but since one turn averages around 2-3 mins each and each player takes 16 turns per game.

Yeah, no more than one game a night probably.
I like the leveling up stats from the players and injury carry over from one game to another feature.
Makes injuring opponents feel more gratifying than touchdowns.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Pretty much 20 years since I last played it, I'm replaying Alone in the Dark. I expected to get hit on the head by the age of the game but instead find that it aged rather well. The painted backgrounds look good and the 3D characters may look old but they blend well with the scenery. Even the controls, despite being rough, still feel good. Now I remember being a scared teenager afraid of windows during the night …

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing the GOG release of Alone in the Dark (pretty much at the end now; my memory served me well and only now I discovered I could avoid the fight in the dining room by putting the pot of human flesh on the table!) and it appears to be the later CD version from when the games were released bundled together as a trilogy, or available separately. The difference with the original CD release that I played back in the day is minimal but I somehow prefer it: it doesn't have any voice acting for the various books and letters you can find in Derceto, but instead had voice acting for Emily and Carnby's introductions as well as Jeremy's letter in the piano as 3 separate tracks on the CD. Now I wouldn't mind much but the acting for this release ranges from decent to atrocious and sometimes veers into the ridiculous, and I'd rather read these in silence like I used to. Also the acting on the three tracks of the old version was much better.

Ah well, it seems that this one will be hard to find. Unfortunately the CD didn't belong to me but a friend, whom I avoided for more than 10 years now and probably happily lost it. Bah, at least I found his Starcraft key I had written on a paper some 15 years ago, registered it on Blizzard's website and got it tied to my account as well as Brood Wars; he probably doesn't care anymore and never tried to register it himself but I still feel smug about it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ragequitted again on KoTC, every time I try to play it again I get locked inside the Fort with 1hp and no heals... I love the games fidelity to D&D, but the encounter/dungeon design is really lacking, having to farm money to buy healing wands for the FIRST fucking dungeon is retarded.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm playing the GOG release of Alone in the Dark (pretty much at the end now; my memory served me well and only now I discovered I could avoid the fight in the dining room by putting the pot of human flesh on the table!) and it appears to be the later CD version from when the games were released bundled together as a trilogy, or available separately. The difference with the original CD release that I played back in the day is minimal but I somehow prefer it: it doesn't have any voice acting for the various books and letters you can find in Derceto, but instead had voice acting for Emily and Carnby's introductions as well as Jeremy's letter in the piano as 3 separate tracks on the CD. Now I wouldn't mind much but the acting for this release ranges from decent to atrocious and sometimes veers into the ridiculous, and I'd rather read these in silence like I used to. Also the acting on the three tracks of the old version was much better.

Ah well, it seems that this one will be hard to find. Unfortunately the CD didn't belong to me but a friend, whom I avoided for more than 10 years now and probably happily lost it. Bah, at least I found his Starcraft key I had written on a paper some 15 years ago, registered it on Blizzard's website and got it tied to my account as well as Brood Wars; he probably doesn't care anymore and never tried to register it himself but I still feel smug about it.

I've never heard of Alone in the Dark having different versions of voice acting. Got a source for this?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I tried to find that but I didn't. However I know for sure that this existed. I even recorded the audio tracks on a tape and even included these 3 voice tracks in it.

Edit: now if only I could find it because it seems to be as rare as truth in a political speech. I should have robbed my friend before I decided to not associate with him anymore.

EmoBunny

Savant

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm playing the GOG release of Alone in the Dark (pretty much at the end now; my memory served me well and only now I discovered I could avoid the fight in the dining room by putting the pot of human flesh on the table!) and it appears to be the later CD version from when the games were released bundled together as a trilogy, or available separately.
I have a CD version of AITD lying around somewhere. PM me sometime tomorrow evening to remind me and I'll look and see which one it is.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS COMPULSIVELY PLAYING WARBAND BUT MUST STOP SOON

BROS I GOT A 46 INCH TV AT MY GIRFRIENDS PLACE I JUST NEED SOMETHING FOR MY KIDS TO WATCH NETFLIX AT MY MOMS AND THEN I CAN GET BACK TO THE 10 PLUS FAGBOX GAMES I HAVENT PLAYED

LOLLOLOL MY BROKE ASS WIFE COULD ONLY AFFORD A TINY TV AND NOW SHE IS ON MEDS FOR PANIC ATTACKS LOLLOLLOL

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Still working on mastering King of Dragon Pass. I found that by picking "when so-and-so made the first pot..." as a major event for your tribe helps out a LOT when it comes to making tons of goods for trading, gifts, sacrifices, fortifications, establishing trade routes, extra food in case of emergency, and on and on :D. I once managed to have so many trade routes that the game told me in a roundabout way that I have too many :D

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just moved and haven't been able to touch my video games. Of those I do have, I'm trying to finish the awesome and fan-made Wing Commander Saga, the decent indie game Frayed Knights, and also attacking Might and Magic 2. On the dark side of things, I'm going through Slave Maker 3.3.01. Think Princess Maker 2 with adult females.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just recently got hooked on League of Legends, also playing Guild Wars 2 and a few rounds per day of Blacklight Retribution.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I finally waited till all the Fallout NV DLC's were done. I fucking HATE the shitty fucking Fallout 3 engine, but... Finally starting Dead Money and will move to the other 3.

And this time siding with Mr. House (last time I played, I sided with Yes Man.) I wasn't happy with that :/

Click-click-clicked my way through Divinity 2 with Flames of Vengeance. Original game got boring, like, very fast, but FoV was quite entertaining. It didn't have anything new to offer, but somehow those silly little quests worked really well for me. Dunno, maybe I just like cities. Oh, and the dragon parts were awful in both games.

God fucking dammit... finally finished Pool of Radiance yesterday, exported my party to Curse of the Azure Bonds played around for couple of hours and then I realised that almost half of my warrior HP's disappeared, I'v read that some Girdle of Bullshit he had is bugged in dos version and it fucks up health points and statistic (fucker had 99 Charisma) and I have to start again because there is nothing that can be done about it. This fucking sucks since I already had to restart Pool of Radiance once because I'v messed up ghost of Martinez encounter in Sokal Keep... well, tough luck.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Been playing New Vegas (third playthrough overall, first time with all the DLC), the FIFA 13 demo (feels good, and I expect the full version to be even better) and PES 6 (waiting for FIFA 13 to come out). New Vegas has taken away the biggest chunk of my time since I've tried to do almost everything in the game, excluding a few factions (taking the NCR route this time). Didn't like Honest Hearts that much, but Dead Money and OWB were pretty damn good. I'll still have to finish Lonesome Road and a bunch of side quests, but I'm almost done.

Erebus

Arcane
I've reached the Cradle mission in Thief 3. The lighting is going to give me a freaking seizure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom