Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So funny thing in Arcanum. If you kill the gang members attacking Virgil fast enough you can "resurrect" him for free without spending a scroll.
The game acts as though he's dead even though you just saved him.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
There's one in vanilla too, but that's not what I mean. I mean that there's a bug where you enter the basement, see the gang members attacking him and you can kill them before he dies. You can then speak to the not-dead Virgil and the game acts as though he's died and come back.
I wonder if you can let Virgil solo them all by himself. Like, give him really high level magic gear and some buffing scrolls before he leaves T'sen-ang.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
There's never a good reason for why Geralt himself cares

The intro to the game depicts Geralt training Ciri at Kaer Morhen when she was a kid. Followed by a conversation with Vesemir reminiscing about that time.

Now maybe you're not a particularly scholarly type, but I would think most people could deduce from these cryptic clues that there was some sort of personal connection between Ciri and Geralt. Even if this conundrum is overwhelming for you, there's the fact that Yeneffer, Geralt's friend and lover, is very eager for Ciri to be found and kept safe.

Now maybe you're not a particularly scholarly type, but I would think most people could deduce from these cryptic clues that there was some sort of personal connection between Ciri and Geralt. Even if this conundrum is overwhelming for you, there's the fact that Yeneffer, Geralt's friend and lover, is very eager for Ciri to be found and kept safe.

Ciri is also depicted as a very competent person who easily escapes danger constantly and there's no reason given to think that things will ever be otherwise.

If they wanted to make "I have to catch up to Ciri and help her" as a part of the game then they shouldn't have literally let you play Ciri and see that she's vastly more powerful than Geralt is. Comparing Ciri to Geralt is like putting a DMC character next to a Dark Souls character. It's like Batman trying to help Superman against something that doesn't involve kryponite. The whole game is Geralt being a cuck chasing after women (the sorceresses are also guilty of this) who are stronger than him and he just happens to help out because he's the player character.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Wild Hunt pose a high threat to Ciri throughout the story, she manages to stand her ground and fight them off at the battle of Kaer Morhen because she has gathered many of her powerful friends, and even then some of them are killed. Regardless of this fact, your main issue throughout this discussion has been your inability to follow a very simple story.

The Wild Hunt pose a high threat to Ciri throughout the story, she manages to stand her ground and fight them off at the battle of Kaer Morhen because she has gathered many of her powerful friends, and even then some of them are killed. Regardless of this fact, your main issue throughout this discussion has been your inability to follow a very simple story.
No, the main issue is that the story is badly written. Geralt's motives aren't complex, they are just stupid.

Let's pretend for a second that Geralt actually caught up to Ciri in Velen. What would happen? Geralt's job is to take her back to her father. But she's a strong independent woman, vastly stronger than Geralt. Would she go? Of course not, if she wanted to return to him she would have done so on her own, and nothing Geralt can do affects this. We can see that Geralt is a useless, ineffectual cuck strung along for the whole length of the game. Literally nothing Geralt does matters and Ciri is fully capable of beating the final boss by herself. The only impact the player has is some retarded C&C where Geralt being nice or not to Ciri makes her power up with the power of love or whatever. Not because Geralt actually accomplishes anything important to the plot throughout the entire game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom