Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
afbK82Q.png

Yea, that kinda happened.

I played white.
Trying to reverse engineer this one. Knight C7, king F7, pawn E6, king G6, queen moves to threaten G6, king H5, queen F5, king H4, rook C4, checkmate.
The fact the entire one side is decimated with the other side unmoved seems pretty rookie to me...

Fargus

Arcane
I'm about 1\3 through Jedi Academy VR if i remember the mission structure correctly. Having tons of fun with both blaster shootouts and lightsaber killing sprees. I tried to draw "Rosh is a fag" sign at the empire base on Hoth, but unfortunately hit the decal limit. Gotta check if i can increase it like with RtCW VR in options.

Then there is still Jedi Outcast VR. Never played it before in flatscreen. I think it's about that Kyle guy who mentors you in Jedi Academy.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Playing Doom: Eviternity.
This is one of my favorite megawads. It is very polished, level design is generally solid, also very visually appealing.
I do not recommend playing this one, if it is your first time playing it, on Ultra-Violence. Play it on a lower difficulty. This wad can get fairly difficult.

The real stars, in my opinion, are the secret levels - "Imperator" and "Anagnorisis".
"Anagnorisis" is a gargantuan level, might take you up to an hour and a half to finish it. I would recommend Eviternity just for these two maps alone.
Highly recommended for all Doom enjoyers.

HansDampf

Arcane
Eviternity 2 was made for DSDA Doom. GZDoom seems to have some issues with MBF21? But they made sure it's compatible and playable.
I played it back in July. But I think I'll go through it again, soon. I'm curious about Annihilate Me. There's also a new monster type that's exclusive to that difficulty.

Shuruga

Educated
I got the Dark Souls trilogy years back and am finally working my way toward the end of DS3. I just got to Anor Londo, which was a nice call back to DS1. When I realized where I was I simultaneously went "oh neat" and "oh man..." because the Pokemon bosses in that area in DS1 gave me a fair bit of trouble.

Necrensha

Educated
Ravenswatch disappoints me.
Only 3 maps, same 2 reskinned enemies over and over again, extreme difficulty because everything is tied to your dash which has an unnecessary cooldown, your character will not shut the fuck up for even 10 seconds, most upgrades feel like they do nothing.
And my favorite: to extend the literal 2 hours of game they have, they just quadruple the HP of every enemy and boss to the absurd. I'm talking about spending 10+ minutes holding left click on the same boss and it just won't die.
A shame, because playing as dark versions of fairytales characters had potential. Like how the Pied Piper is constantly summoning rats or how Red RIding Hood transforms into a werewolf.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I've been playing Eternights:

It's similar to Persona but it's a hack and slash instead of turn based combat. Obviously, it's also an indie game with a tiny budget, so production value is low. The writing is silly and dumb but in a fun way. The minigames can be quite annoying through.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You guys ever play the Sunder wad for Doom 2?
Good stuff, but it is a slaughter wad, so expect huge amounts of monsters and relatively straightforward level design.
Map 11 "The Furnace", oh man...

Then there's the absolute insanity named "Okuplok", a wad which has achieved notoriety due to its difficulty and for having a grand total of 23,211 monsters...

Micro Slaughter Community Project is really good. Not too over the top, fairly good as far as slaughter maps go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom