Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Necrensha

Educated
Clash: Artifacts of Power

The story/characters? Barely exist, and in fact most cutscenes/dialogue seem to end extra early as if everybody was skipping half of their lines. I like how it's a plot point that everybody you meet instantly jumps to ''let's punch each other to determine who is right''. Owlboy was interesting but he barely gets to do anything.

The levels are extremely beautiful to look at, but they make 0 sense, they are labyrinthian with no signs/marks/map or anything that may help you navigate them. They honestly rival Hexen/Turok in the constant feeling of having to backtrack and checking every wall while wondering where the fuck are you supposed to go.

Gameplay is too awkward and janky to be fun, I got stuck inside walls/enemies like 6 times over my playthrough, often Mr Meathead will punch in a direction I'm not looking at or launch himself in the air and land out of bounds.
You can challenge everybody you see to a dice minigame to determine who will start the fight with a handicap if they lose... but this minigame is too slow for how many hundreds of times you have to do it, and after a certain point I started ignoring it and just punched everybody the normal way.

There are many techniques and attacks to learn through the game, but they are all pointless because the uppercut move you get at the very start is better than all of them and will stun every enemy in the game.
There are a truckload of worthless crafting items crammed in every rock, yawn.

There is also a nighttime mechanic where you can backtrack some more to challenge new enemies and mini bosses to get items, but the whole thing is just a pointless waste of time since the combat isn't fun at all.
And the ending... is like you're watching episode 26 of some random scifi show without any context.

Overall: another one for the unfulfilled potential list.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Finished Cosmic Star Heroine a retro jrpg trying to capture some of the magic of the 90's golden jrpg era.It's a nice little game in a sci fi setting,the pixel graphics are nice. The story is just some generic stuff just to move you along,the gameplay is ok,nothing revolutionary but with some new ideas.My main problem is that it felt a bit short,it could have been a bit longer to develop more the large cast of characters you gather and the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom