Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game makes you happy?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
We all have those special games we can play and they always cheer us up. Your wife ran off with your brother, your dog ate the cat and your dog and cat got run over by a bus. Doesn't matter, you can always boot up this game and feel like life is going to be okay.

What is your happy place game?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Woah I replied to this orignally but what the fuck, farming post in the most prestigious codex!!! Burn this bastard!
:flamesaw:

My go to games are the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy. The first set of games I played after playing only NES games till then. Though I think og Tomb Raider games are better, PoP SOTT holds a special place for me, completing them as a set gives me immense satisfaction, so whenever I feel gaming getting dull or becoming a chore, I play this to remind myself of what I loved about gaming.

Alternatively Gothic, what a fucking immersive world. Uncompromising design, modern devs can only dream of having the balls to make something like this.

Nowadays, going to steam to see DMC5 be in overwhelmingly positive rating re-invigorates my hope in gaming and then seeing the new God of War Reboot have the same overwhelmingly positive rating brings me back to the real world.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Oh I don't pay attention to what you post. It's all a load of bullshit and I thought this thread would be fun for the new year blues some people get.

Nowadays, going to steam to see DMC5 be in overwhelmingly positive rating re-invigorates my hope in gaming and then seeing the new God of War Reboot have the same overwhelmingly positive rating brings me back to the real world.
Steam reviews aren't very useful so I wouldn't worry about it. DMC5 is a really fun game and you will have a blast with it if you haven't played it yet. My only complaint was it did too much nostalgia but that's a small issue compared to most modern games.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
We all have those special games we can play and they always cheer us up. Your wife ran off with your brother, your dog ate the cat and your dog and cat got run over by a bus. Doesn't matter, you can always boot up this game and feel like life is going to be okay.

For a long time, for me, it was Descent, then the original System Shock, and then Terra Nova. Then it was City of Heroes. Then LOTRO. Then more recently Warframe. But those were only in 2 or 3 year chunks, and I think for me, personally, all games "wear out" after a sufficient period of time and there's nothing that I've really carried all the way through my gaming life.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Oh I don't pay attention to what you post. It's all a load of bullshit and I thought this thread would be fun for the new year blues some people get.
I think it's more an attempt to imitate me, or get my attention

are you sure you're not a woman?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated

besttagever.gif

For a long time, for me, it was Descent, then the original System Shock, and then Terra Nova. Then it was City of Heroes. Then LOTRO. Then more recently Warframe. But those were only in 2 or 3 year chunks, and I think for me, personally, all games "wear out" after a sufficient period of time and there's nothing that I've really carried all the way through my gaming life.
Not even games like Doom or Mario? Something simple but eternally fun?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

besttagever.gif

Not even games like Doom or Mario? Something simple but eternally fun?

Nope. Once a game is done for me it's done, it's like all the "channels" for it in my brain are worn out. I might revisit it years later for a nostalgia jag, but that's about it.

But with some games it does take a few years to get to that point, and during those few years they're a happy place. (Forgot to mention - after Warframe, it was Troubleshooter for a few years, but that's pretty much worn out now.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom