Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What new game should inXile Entertainment make if Wasteland 2 is very good?

What new game should inXile Entertainment work on next?

• Wasteland 3

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • PlaneScape: Torment sequel/spin-off/spiritual sequel.

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura sequel/spin-off/spiritual sequel.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer sequel/spin-off/spiritual

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • A new Dungeons & Dragons game. (RPG or otherwise)

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • A new IP. (RPG or otherwise)

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • My Little Pony RPG (kc)

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Other (idea not listed here).

Votes: 15 10.2%

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Planescape sequel belongs to Obsidian, and most likely Arcanum too because of Tim Cain.

OP is lacking in judgement

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Would love to see a new IP with a Norse theme to it. Almost always gets fucked up with overly ridiculous pointy armor and oversized axes and such. If they can do post apoc well I'd trust them to do this properly too.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Would love to see a new IP with a Norse theme to it. Almost always gets fucked up with overly ridiculous pointy armor and oversized axes and such. If they can do post apoc well I'd trust them to do this properly too.
But what specific event within the myths? Ragnarok? Fimbul Winter? Aesir/Vanir war?
EDIT: Misread your post, question is now changed to wether it should take place within the mythology and if so the above question is applied.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Fallout 3 ---> Wasteland 2
Skyrim ---> New IP with a Norse theme?

Xzar

Augur
I'd like pagan peplum RPG, preferably set in Ancient Babylon. Rome and/or Greece will also do, only not Egypt and not Judea - dont want these. I dream about such a game for a long time.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
InXile might do a new Wing Commander game.

With cutscenes starring

Clive Owen
P2-57.jpg

Christopher Walken
p2davidhassan1.jpg

Jurgen Prochnow
nms16.jpg

John Hurt
makingof_privateer2_hurt_1.jpg

David McCallum
makingof_privateer2_mccallum_1.jpg

Amanda Pays
0.jpg

Bring the full crew back.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everybody mark Wyrmlord's words. FMVs are coming back big time, to engage your emotions further deep into the epic cinematic experience.

Fuck, forget cinematics, think full games using real filmed actors and rotoscoping on top (or not) to immerse you deeper and deeper. The result should be something along the lines of The Walking Dead game, amazing interactive experiences driven by QTE mechanics.

catfood

AGAIN
In my ideal world they would get in touch with the guys at Paizo and get the Pathfinder rights/OGL/SRD/whatever and make a game with TOEE-like combat and a user friendly construction set.

Johannes

Arcane
I don't get why all of you want to break a formula that worked? Even if WL2 (supposedly) was so awesome, it's no guarantee they can hit the target with another game system.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Work with the Toys for Bob guys to make the real Star Control 3 :obviously: (though they should really be making it themselves, and fuck Activision)

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
As long its turn based with isometric view Ill be happy.
If that's all you need there's surely tons of such games you've yet to play anyway. Doesn't save most of them from being crap, though.

I probably tried most of it since I have been gaming since C64 and playing Laser Squad to death. But my comment was in context of InXile making a new RPG where I dont really care about the setting as much of the core gameplay mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom