Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What new game should inXile Entertainment make if Wasteland 2 is very good?

What new game should inXile Entertainment work on next?

• Wasteland 3

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • PlaneScape: Torment sequel/spin-off/spiritual sequel.

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura sequel/spin-off/spiritual sequel.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer sequel/spin-off/spiritual

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • A new Dungeons & Dragons game. (RPG or otherwise)

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • A new IP. (RPG or otherwise)

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • My Little Pony RPG (kc)

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Other (idea not listed here).

Votes: 15 10.2%

• Total voters

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Let's assume that Wasteland 2 does very well. It's story is better than PS:T, it's combat is better than ToEE, and it's C&C is better than Fallout 1. It's so good it gives enough reputation to have no issues getting funding for future games. Money is not an issue at this point.

Let's assume that since the game was a success, they do another Kickstarter project for a new game. What would you like to see made?

I tried to cover the ones I thought were possible (due to conflicting ownerships of IPs) and/or popular on the Codex.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If they'd be so successful they wouldn't need Kickstarter again.

And, W3 obviously.

likaq

Arcane
Voted new IP.
Iso+tb crpg set in cyberpunk / good hard sci-fi.
W3, PST, Arcanum are also good ideas.
Take shitty fantasy with elves ( D&D ) out of my crpg, thank you.

Temaperacl

Erudite
A good MLP RPG (the setting without pulling in the established characters [Except G1 Medley!]) would be appealing - there is alot of potential in that setting, at least in the G1 or FIM incarnations - I'm not familiar with the others. Despite that I think I would prefer a new IP, at least setting-wise.

circ

Arcane
Those suggestions are crap.

I'd really like to see Centauri Alliance get a facelift. Not actually an Interplay product I think? But Cranford did it, and did it a lot better then BT.

Stabwound

Arcane
Dark Sun 3 would be awesome, but I think Bard's Tale 4 or Wasteland 3 is most likely.

Kaol

Educated
A skyrim/fallout NV/fallout 3 like set either in a new IP or a good current one (Arcanum say).

Johannes

Arcane
If WL2 turned out to be so awesome, safest bet would be to make a mechanically similar (but improved) game, kinda like FO1->FO2 or BG1->BG2. So WL3 it is.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Dragon Wars 2 (My first choice.)
Phantasie IV (Wonder who owns the rights to this now?)
Might and Magic X
System Shock 3
Pools of even Darker Darkness (an expansion to Pools of Radiance, for the level 5 - 15 characters, with the original charm.)
Otherwise, not many on the poll list appeal to me.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Bard's tale 2.

BfCVE.jpg

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Breaking Bad RPG.

HA! We would get to control Bryan Cranston wearing tighty whiteys and a gas mask going on berserk rampages through town executing drug dealers LOL

In a turn-based fashion, of course :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom