Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's on your 2024 must play list?

Spike

Educated
Dragon's Dogma 2, Archolos, BG 1. Want to finish Enderal and Yakuza 5 as well.

Did you stop there for a reason? He's considered the end of the tutorial and where people drop off if they aren't invested. I loved that fight personally.
I had a PS5 at the time and was playing it for "free" with Plus. No, the game is awesome and so is that fight, but I sold the console. My computer is potato, so I'm debating whether to wait until I upgrade next year, or get it during current sale and use Geforce Now, which it just landed on. I've used streaming services here and there for things I couldn't run and it was the holy grail game that none of them had until now. Maybe it's a sign. Main downsides are starting the game over and Iceborne isn't supported yet if I go the GFN route, but probably wiser than rebuying a PS5.
IMO there's no point to playing MHW without Iceborne.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Did you stop there for a reason? He's considered the end of the tutorial and where people drop off if they aren't invested. I loved that fight personally.
I had a PS5 at the time and was playing it for "free" with Plus. No, the game is awesome and so is that fight, but I sold the console. My computer is potato, so I'm debating whether to wait until I upgrade next year, or get it during current sale and use Geforce Now, which it just landed on. I've used streaming services here and there for things I couldn't run and it was the holy grail game that none of them had until now. Maybe it's a sign. Main downsides are starting the game over and Iceborne isn't supported yet if I go the GFN route, but probably wiser than rebuying a PS5.
IMO there's no point to playing MHW.
Fixed.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I wouldn't say that. If you're just getting into the game buying iceborne right off is a bad idea. But if you like the game you should get it. Iceborne doesn't add that much for a standard play through, it's all post-game stuff like the dragons if you care about that. It gets seriously grindy to access a lot of that too.
Sorry Rise baby. Not everyone's a lolicon drooling over the dango girl.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I wouldn't say that. If you're just getting into the game buying iceborne right off is a bad idea. But if you like the game you should get it. Iceborne doesn't add that much for a standard play through, it's all post-game stuff like the dragons if you care about that. It gets seriously grindy to access a lot of that too.
Sorry Rise baby. Not everyone's a lolicon drooling over the dango girl.
Weird thing to project, I had no idea what the fuck you were talking about and had to google "Rise" to even know what it was. MH cucks are weird.

Machocruz

Arcane
I went ahead and got it. Runs beautifully through GFN. I want Iceborne too, but I figure by the time the base game doesn't have anything to offer me, I'll be ready to upgrade or it will be on the service. This is going to be one of my "long haul" games for the year, likely played over several months.

DemonKing

Arcane
While my pile of shame of semi-completed games means I haven't really thought about 2024, here's a list of what's due out I'm vaguely interested in:

Dark Forces remaster
Helldivers 2
Banishers Ghosts of New Eden
Alone in the Dark
Dragon's Dogma 2
Avowed
Star Wars Outlaws
Rise of the Ronin
Commandos Origins

Will definitely play Elden Ring or BG3 DLC if it actually gets released this year.

ADL

Prophet
Dragon's Dogma 2
STALKER 2
Path of Exile 2
Titan Quest 2(?)
Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode (Steam release)
Black Myth: Wukong
Rise of the Ronin
Yakuza Infinite Wealth + Ishin
Warframe 1999
Avowed
Assassin's Creed Red
Ground Branch 1.0
Pioner
Wuthering Waves gachashit
hopefully Demon's Souls and Ghost of Tsushima finally release on PC as well

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Can't really think of a single "Must Play" title, but there's a lot of maaaaaaaybes:

Ghost of Tsushima (PC port)
Judas (this year?)
Final Fantasy XVI (PC port)
SKALD
Pragmata (because Capcom)
Star Wars Outlaws
No Rest for the Wicked (this year?)
Skin Deep (this year?)
Routine (this year?)
Some other shit that wasn't announced yet (maybe)

Spike

Educated
Can't really think of a single "Must Play" title, but there's a lot of maaaaaaaybes:

Ghost of Tsushima (PC port)
Judas (this year?)
Final Fantasy XVI (PC port)
SKALD
Pragmata (because Capcom)
Star Wars Outlaws
No Rest for the Wicked (this year?)
Skin Deep (this year?)
Routine (this year?)
Some other shit that wasn't announced yet (maybe)
I will happily slurp up Ghost of Tsushima (PC) and FF XVI.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's amazing to me people can actually plan what they're gonna play for the next year.

I have no fucking idea. Got a huge backlog, will pick and choose based on my current whim.

But I definitely have to stop buying new games and start clearing some of the old ones.

Except Dragons Dogma 2 and Black Myth, I'm gonna buy those two for sure.

Hellraiser

Arcane
"New" games I look forward to playing:

Rogue Trader, honestly just waiting for owlcat to patch it up to a decent state.

Frostpunk 2, although it depends on the price and the gameplay changes.

Homeworld 3, if not an epic exclusive or utterly shit.

The ones from my backlog that have been on my mind the most recently and haven't really played in ages or maybe even ever:

Freelancer, in fact I might install it this week since I'm done playing some sandboxy/open-ended stuff on the PC.

Rock 'n' Roll racing, once I finish some other "short and fairly easy" retro stuff.

Abe's Oddysey and Abe's Exodus, after the "long and hard" retro stuff slot frees up.

GTA IV+Liberty City stories Episodes from Liberty City.

Panzer Dragoon.

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Plan? I have great plans, I can never finish them though. I'll name only the games that came to mind first:

Colony Ship - obvious, I liked AoD, it is supposed to be good, if small font won't stop me
Kings Arthur - I waited to finally move to Windows 10, it will happen this year, lol
Underrail - 4th attempt but let's be honest, I'll drop it mid game for one reason or other, not related to fun or quality. Again. It's a curse.
Battle Brothers with Legends mod - one of my favourite games, need to finally play the biggest mod for real
A Legionary's Life - I have this indie at the top of my to play list for a couple of years
Rogue Trader - maybe, I suspect that I won't like it but i might try it after committing a sea robbery
CataclysmBN/DDA - 2024 is a play again year for me of Cataclysm
A new RL or two, probably Infra Arcana among them
Some classics I never played, Pool of Radiance, Dark Sun are the strongest candidates, have been for years

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Underrail - 4th attempt but let's be honest, I'll drop it mid game for one reason or other, not related to fun or quality. Again. It's a curse.
2 attempts here so far, could go for the 3rd this year. This game just doesn't wanna click with me.

Rogue Trader - maybe, I suspect that I won't like it but i might try it after committing a sea robbery
For some reason this game is like 20 bucks on Epic for what it's worth to you, 30 for the Voidfarer edition. At least in Czechia and Hungary, AFAIK. Might be the same in Potatoland.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
2 attempts here so far, could go for the 3rd this year. This game just doesn't wanna click with me.
Underrail clicks very well with me and i enjoy playing it very much each time. It's just that every time something makes me stop mid-game and when I return i start from scratch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom