Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite soundtrack?

Xeon

Augur
Witcher 3's soundtrack.

I almost always put the album on and listen to it when I am just lazying around. If I can get another option then I'll go for Yakuza 0's as well when working out.

Quillon

Arcane
there are lots of soundtracks of lots of different shit, make it RPG only or move it goddammit :outrage:

Danikas

Arcane
Witcher 3's soundtrack.

I almost always put the album on and listen to it when I am just lazying around. If I can get another option then I'll go for Yakuza 0's as well when working out.

If you liked that one, you should listen to thronebreaker soundtrack its even better than the one from Witcher 3 in my opinion.

JDR13

Arcane
If you liked that one, you should listen to thronebreaker soundtrack its even better than the one from Witcher 3 in my opinion.

I still think the original Witcher soundtrack is the best of the series. It was just more memorable to me for some reason. The music in TW3 is fantastic, but it's almost too orchestrated imo.

I prefer Gothic 1&2 over Gothic 3 for the same reason.

Danikas

Arcane

I still think the original Witcher soundtrack is the best of the series. It was just more memorable to me for some reason.

TW3 is fantastic, but it's almost too orchestrated imo. I prefer Gothic 1&2 over Gothic 3 for the same reason.
Tw1 was very atmospheric, this sets perfect mood for temple quarter.

Quillon

Arcane

I still think the original Witcher soundtrack is the best of the series. It was just more memorable to me for some reason.

TW3 is fantastic, but it's almost too orchestrated imo. I prefer Gothic 1&2 over Gothic 3 for the same reason.

goosebumps every time

Silly Germans

Age of Wonders 1 has a great ST, if i had to pick a song Age of Wonders - Clouds and Feuds easily wins.

Another game with a great soundtrack that fits perfectly with the game is Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance.

ryz

Novice
Mark Morgan's work for the Fallout series for sure.

Particularly this song will stay with me forever. Mysterious, tribal, dangerous; Evokes warm, fuzzy CRPG feelings. The sound of :incline:.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Mark Morgan's work for the Fallout series for sure.

Particularly this song will stay with me forever. Mysterious, tribal, dangerous; Evokes warm, fuzzy CRPG feelings. The sound of :incline:.

Welcome to the Thunderdome, newbro.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm suprized no one (well, maybe apart from deleted vids) haven't mentioned this

It's great on its own and of course fits PERFECTLY. My favorite track is T-rang.

Also on a verge of genre there's HoMM series soudtracks which are something else, obviously.

Curratum

Age of Wonders 1 has a great ST, if i had to pick a song Age of Wonders - Clouds and Feuds easily wins.

I bought my first guitar because I wanted to learn to play that little theme in Clouds and Feuds, true story.

My favorite OSTs would be:

TES4: Oblivion - Still my favorite short motifs of few notes from any music, ever.
Quake 3 Arena - Never found another OST that fuels my adrenaline and bloodlust so much. Sascha Dikiciyan really outdid himself with those tunes.
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Most flavorful, thematic and fitting OST for a game I played. Lovely themes and stylistic variation, while it all still fits together.

Honorable mentions:

Witcher 3 - some lovely melodies and haunting themes.
Gabriel Knight 1 - Lovely, haunting pieces in that thing.
Myst 1 - arguably the most "musical" and non-ambient of the series.

This is all without counting OSTs that are heavy on ambient / atmospheres like Quake 1, Thief etc.

Laura Palmer theme

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom