Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Which mythic path do you prefer and why? (Caution: Spoiler)

Which way, pathfinder man?

• Total voters

the mole

Scholar
Shitposter
hey scorpion, we should become great friends or maybe create a dynamic duo of shitposting because we have a similar profile structure, the mole was actually a irl nickname but you can join the animals, new gang I'm starting on this website

anyways, trickster is handsdown the most fun gameplay wise, but I'm normally neutral good, and I like to execute demons so it is hard to stray from that path and pick chaotic sometimes, anything that orders people to be executed is lawful for some reason in the game and that was annoying

the mole

Scholar
Shitposter
I'm kind of impressed by how even the voting spread is. Nearly all paths receive mostly equal votes, with the exceptions of Devil and Golden Dragon being universally passed over or rejected. I think that's good evidence that they are decently designed paths, with something for everyone. Very surprising.
true and that every day you are walking among people who can pick the demon path and feel no emotions or remorse

the mole

Scholar
Shitposter
Abandoned a Devil playthrough because it starts so late, sucks, and is allegedly not even a finished path. Went with Angel after that because that's where all the effort/marketing went. Thrilling choice.
killing demons is fun, angel is dogshit tier for gameplay for most classes though, otherwise I probably would have finished angel grenadier

the mole

Scholar
Shitposter
also arue posters are simps fullstop, demons need to die not be saved, total demon death

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
How come you've picked Golden Dragon, Desiderius?
Looking forward to playing it when fully implemented. Dragonform takes some work to make it more than a LARP but there's some fun things you can do with it. Would be nice to have a meaningful top end.

I had a Dragonheir Demon run that I was looking forward to ending up discovering his Golden Dragon heritage, but there were various subtle bugs with Scion (since fixed) and Demon that I was holding out for a fix on.

Desiderius

Patron
Going to try Lich after I finish Kingmaker. Vordakai deserved better, I will make it right in the sequel.

Big decision is whether to go wizard, or some sort of melee build. Maybe a dragon shifter or something, but then again I can just become a dragon via magic anyway.
Cruromancer is the only way.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, that’s the joke.

Sucker for AoE Sicken + damage. Finally getting to use Holy Whisper with Ulbrig, Ember, Sos, and Angel MC. Sicken half doesn’t get there all that often but it’s ok.

Desiderius

Patron
AldoriDefender20/AldoriSwordlord10/Duelist10 Legend one of my favorite experiences in gaming. Really needed those 40 levels to come into its own.

Desiderius

Patron
Still smooth as the other side of the pillow long before that. Here's Aldori Defender6/Duelist5 Wolj:

Aldduelist 11 vs voetiel hard 56 AC.jpgAldduelis11 atkdam vs voetiel hard.jpg

If Voetiel had gotten a lucky roll Wolj would still have smacked it down with a Parry and Riposte (only triggers on attacks that would have hit). That *includes* nat 20s.

Of course Mark of Justice and Guarded Hearth breaks this all the way in half but just good solid play is enough.

:terminate:

Desiderius

Patron
BTW you can see in one of these pics that Eye for an Eye bow damage packets have now been fixed.

Free Deliverer effect not so bad on its own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom