Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good horror rpgs?

I don't know. Ravenloft : Strahd possession and Stone Prophet are good, but is are not horror games.

Debatable whether they're raw "horror games" (as in: Silent Hill, RE7, etc.), but they are certainly a nice change of pace from the usual fantasy. That simple scenario switch alone is very welcome and does wonders, if you ask me.

Additionally, even though most would likely argue they are more adventure than RPG:

Veil Of Darkness
Elvira 1+2
Waxworks
The Legacy.

All ancient, naturally. There's been a void worth filling for sure. Unfortunately, it's seen as a risky thing in comparison to your stock fantasy, and I've read somewhere the Owlcat stuff isn't into gothic/horror scenarios (AKA Ustalav) anyways.

deuxhero

Arcane
The older the better, less wokeness that way.

Yes. There are any woke BS in the Rise of the Runelords?

Couple of gay men are on the list of people in town, but I recall it was mentioned they're seen as scandalous and you barely interact with them.

Really though, 3-5 are so bad not being woke doesn't matter. Second Darkness's plot might as well be summed up as "Drow don't exist in this universe GUESS WHAT DROW EXIST! SURPRISE!" (I'm not even bothering spoiling that because all books except the first two clearly have Drow on them, plus PF1's bestiary has Drow in it) and full of elves who don't want you saving them. Legacy of Fire is just unfinished and shallow. Council of Thieves doesn't know what the fuck it wants its plot to be. Carrion Crown and Jade Regent are just bad. It's relatively few that are any good.

Erebus

Arcane
WotR has convinced me that Owlcat should design their own stories rather than adapt any of Paizo's adventure paths.

Kingmaker's story was okay because it was fairly simple and granted the player a fair amount of freedom. The atmosphere was enjoyable and unpretentious, focused on exploration and adventure.

WotR's story is a bloated, ridiculous and pretentious mess. It would be too kind to say that the amount of effort put into it follows the law of diminishing returns ; the truth is that it's almost inversely proportional to its quality.

As I'm pretty sure that the stories of most Paizo adventure paths are a lot more similar to WotR's than to Kingmaker's, the conclusion is obvious.

TL;DR : Where's the kingcomrade option ?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I believe that most AP story are relative simple. In case of Rise of the Runelords is simple "ancient evil casters raised from the grave"

Reinhardt

Arcane
Owlcat really should stop doing retarded paizo shit and instead start making games about Rance. Alicesoft should do the writing. Demon invasion in Rance X > demon invasion in wotr already.

Nahel

Arcane
Owlcat really should stop doing retarded paizo shit and instead start making games about Rance. Alicesoft should do the writing. Demon invasion in Rance X > demon invasion in wotr already.

But still no translation for Rance X:negative:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
At 1h27m : 1:27 https://youtu.be/hN6Qb60yQnk?t=5270 Which AP should OwlCat adapt next in their game

At 1:29:35 - She complains that making CR30 encounters is too hard.

And they talked about Iron Gods, Skull & Shakles and runelords BRIEFLY. But I wish that their next AP will gonna be one of this. The fact that they are not mentioning 2E APs is a huge :incline: Going D&D 5E or PF2E wold be awful. Would downgrade the unique modern RPG great as old school RPG's in "Solasta" tier. Which is not bad, just not as great as it can be. But I believe that their next AP will be Iron Gods. Lets see if I'm right.

Curse of the Crimson Throne with additional romance path with the Queen.
For LG! Redeem another wommyn villainess with the power of HERO'S DICK like we did with Nyrissa and Nocticula!

Using vampire domination(If I manage to learn more about how to mod this game, since I din't understood a lot of things yet) to enslave the main vileness would be amazing.

Anyway, is this your channel?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Using vampire domination(If I manage to learn more about how to mod this game, since I din't understood a lot of things yet) to enslave the main vileness would be amazing.
You sound like typical villain from Rance. It always ends same. Villain dies. Hero fucks many women.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I looked at pathfinder AP that was base for wrath of the righteous. And my message for Owlcat is:

USE YOUR OWN WRITING AND DON'T USE PATHFINDER SOURCE BOOKS. Even your most atrocious writing in Kingmaker was better than what I seen in Paizo books.

Now, I'd let it on fate if they would actually read this message and abide by it.
(BTW real world GM were changing A. from Wrath of the righteous to normal female from the beginning. They sometimes replaced I. by a female half-ogre with all problems it causes in half-ogre society, or by a knight in a shining armor. Perhaps later dying tragically.)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
l villain from Rance

Villains > Heroes in this weeabo games.
You have no idea what are you talking about, aren't you?

No, I have. I saw some screenshots about dragon quest and ni no kuni and ohh god, the main character is soooooo boring. While the "white witch" and death knight villains was so cool. TBH they seem better than the Lantern King.

Even your most atrocious writing in Kingmaker was better than what I seen in Paizo books.

Nice point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom