Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which RPG is better: Underrail or Age of Decadence?

Which RPG is better

• Underrail

• Age of Decadence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Codex Year of the Donut
I asked a simple question in the Shoutbox and they couldn't seem to come to a conclusion. The next logical step was to create a poll to sort this issue out, I'm sure this should be entirely non-contentious.

Goromorg

Savant
I liked the combat, the world and dialogues of Underrail much more.
AoD, however is better from realism standpoint. When I played it, I fealt like I was kicked in the balls.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
They're both good.
Comes down to personal preference.
It's kinda like combatfag vs storyfag, but not split exactly on those two clear lines. Split across something else that's harder to put succinctly with a -fag suffix.
They both do what they want to do very well.
I prefer AoD though.

thesecret1

Arcane
I enjoy both, preffer AoD though. The content is more dense there, and I enjoy that.

Swigen

Arbiter
Underrail. I think if all y’all ask yourselves which you feel like playing RIGHT NOW, and you’re being honest with yourselves, the answer is unequivocally Underrail, isn’t it?

Gibson

Learned
Underrail grabbed me instantly; just couldn't get into AoD for some reason - perhaps just bad timing because I'll probably give it another go when I'm done with Underrail, which will probably take a while because of all the ass kicking I'm getting.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Voted Underrail (wish I almost finished).

Respect AoD tons but...well, the chapter-structure makes it feel a tad too constrained. I dont like being locked out from doing quests I missed/couldnt complete right away.
Also, the trial-and-error combat (and dialogue!) really makes me feel lost oftentimes as to where the heck I can go to advance the plot.
It's definitely good, though.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Better question is how many people here actually finished Underrail. I gave up in the expansion after my build got nerfed and I would have to spend a session grinding w2c bullets to deal with crabs and strongmen. With AoD the game is short and sweet with none of Underrail's tedium, balance autism, and nuke-or-die combat design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom