Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who made Imageshack so butthurt?

Topher

Cipher
Fucking Imageshack, I've been butthurt ever since they wouldn't host my Jagged Alliance 2 screenshots. Apparently the GoG version of JA2 saves them as an odd file format that is an absolute pain in the ass to convert into something more manageable. Damn, I wish I could remember the file type now because I couldn't find any free sites that would host it and the only program I could find that claimed to be able to convert them into anything else (.jpeg in this case) didn't work for whatever reason.

Some guys shattered the results of my work because we post tits?

Huh. Well, off to move the latest update over to a different imagehoster. Guess all the backlog is FUBAR until imageshack gets over itself.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Topher said:
Fucking Imageshack, I've been butthurt ever since they wouldn't host my Jagged Alliance 2 screenshots. Apparently the GoG version of JA2 saves them as an odd file format that is an absolute pain in the ass to convert into something more manageable. Damn, I wish I could remember the file type now because I couldn't find any free sites that would host it and the only program I could find that claimed to be able to convert them into anything else (.jpeg in this case) didn't work for whatever reason.

Is TARGA really that obscure nowadays?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truevision_TGA

The GIMP can handle them just fine, I wouldn't put it past photoshop either.

Antihero

Liturgist
Maybe even ImageMagick. Comes with bindings or command line progs (convert.exe I believe being the relevant one here) so you can do it more easily in batches.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
GREAT. this essentially fucked up half of my LPs and basically half of the LPs here in the codex. Can't we come to some agreement with these morons ?

And , no, reuploading the images to other image sites or to the codex library is such a humongous job, it can't be done. All this work tuned to shit.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Zed said:
That's why I only use my own website.

I also recommend investing some $ into webspace. Full control over your stuff. You also won't get those dreadful mail folder quotas.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Konjad said:
wow, the internet is butthurt about rpgcodex
yay... we're famous

of all the nsfw threads they could bitch about, they went with the tit crowd one ? decline of bitching

Wild Slop

Arcane
Any photobucket hate or known problems? I've already noticed it doesn't seem to like (larger) gifs.

Reviving my old account is a matter of convenience right now. But if I hear enough flak I'll take the trouble to sign up somewhere new (Imgur).

(I just asked this in another thread;asking again for better chance of answer)

janjetina said:
http://cafe.elharo.com/privacy/privacy-tip-3-block-referer-headers-in-firefox/

I tried this and it worked flawlessly, now I can finally read that hitomi LP. 11/10 would read again.

The only bad thing is that I might have to swap back to firefox again.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
ghostdog said:
GREAT. this essentially fucked up half of my LPs and basically half of the LPs here in the codex. Can't we come to some agreement with these morons ?

And , no, reuploading the images to other image sites or to the codex library is such a humongous job, it can't be done. All this work tuned to shit.
Truth be told, your images would eventually be fucked no matter what service you used because:
  • ImageShack deletes images that aren't viewed after X days (currently it's a year if you're not registered with them). Check some of the old LP's. They don't have images anymore.
  • The way ImageShack has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if other changes occured in future which nixed images.
  • Most other image sites have a bandwidth limit. Using images in the Codex is guaranteed to surpass whatever piddly bandwidth limit they've allowed.
... and yes, I will at some point make a super-awesome mass upload script for the gallery here. Kind of working on stopping the Codex from going under from the load atm tho'.

For now, the block headers thing janjetina posted should work like a charm.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Firefox is bloated shitware, might as well use IE. Chrome+adblock == win.

How do we fix this in chrome?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Apparently adding --no-referrers at the destination line of your Chrome shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --no-referrers

Though that doesn't help for people like me who have it integrated into the taskbar...

Silellak

Cipher
Burning Bridges said:
LOL The system strikes back! Without their hotlinked images we are fucked. No more google image search when you don't know what to write.

Zed said:
That's why I only use my own website.

I also recommend investing some $ into webspace. Full control over your stuff. You also won't get those dreadful mail folder quotas.
This. :thumbsup:

spekkio

Arcane
I was hoping that the reason is one of my LP's (I always use direct links to images instead of http tags which is a bad thing).

Now I'm disappoint. :(

Wow, what complete HR-esque pussies they are; fuck em*. Any suggestions for a better, LP-friendly imagehost? No batch uploading and/or no albums makes me a sad tiger-blood about stuff like imgur and such.

I might have to actually buy some Codexian imagehosting....

*Though to be honest, if I had to choose between quality content, and a GD thread that you can find anywhere on the web....I'd choose to have my cake and eat it too. Make a secret subforum for all the NSFW shit of GD, and maybe NSFW LPs, and restrict access to users with a certain amount of posts or join date. We'll look squeaky clean, and be able to see LPs without annoying configs or frogs.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah, just checked my LP's on my second laptop and Chrome and fuck me, they're all gone. And guess if I have the screenshots saved anywhere. AAARGH.

I guess I should use FF and that no-referral thingy to save them all and re-upload to Codex or something. FFS.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DarkUnderlord said:
Truth be told, your images would eventually be fucked no matter what service you used because:
  • ImageShack deletes images that aren't viewed after X days (currently it's a year if you're not registered with them). Check some of the old LP's. They don't have images anymore.

• Yeah, of course if you're a registered user (which is free) images stay forever. DU, I'm really hoping you'll try to resolve this with imageshack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom