Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was Ontopoly permanently banned from the shoutbox?

The entire rules section should be removed, I say, and all subsequent bans should be explained by a simple "because I said so" stamp.
That's rule 4.3 and 5 already. They're just being applied rarely to the biggest schizos, and the schizo defense squad argues that they should be applied more often because of fairness. I'm not sure how that helps the schizos but it's fitting that their defense uses a schizo argument.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
That's rule 4.3 and 5 already. They're just being applied rarely to the biggest schizos

I can see that and actually agree that those are perfectly legit. Why argue it's otherwise tho? I mean, most users are slighted by the attempt at explaining the two kinds of measures taken when dealing with different posters with other rules. If the admin simply came out and said "You're banned because we don't like you and we say so" a good portion would just think "...fags" and go on with their lives.

If the admin simply came out and said "You're banned because we don't like you and we say so" a good portion would just think "...fags" and go on with their lives.
Lolno, it's not about getting infinitron to repeat lines like a trained parrot, nobody gives a shit about that. It's about making enough noise until the mods ban the other clique.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Lolno, it's not about getting infinitron to repeat lines like a trained parrot, nobody gives a shit about that. It's about making enough noise until the mods ban the other clique.

You're either extending what a small number of very loud users are writing to everyone else's opinioin on these boards or are in very bad faith. I talk for myself and people I know well. You should at least be granting the benefit of doubt imho.

Sarathiour

Cipher
The entire problem is the staff making exception to prevent some special user from being bullied, despite them adding a negative value trough the sheer power of e-whoring and retardation.

If you're always get in the fight with the local retard, drunk and junkie, you're part of the problem.

You should at least be granting the benefit of doubt imho.
I could, but I won't because it's pretty obvious that people who read

Rule 5 said:
And as owners of the pub, we reserve the right to throw your ass out at any time, for whatever reason.

and respond with "okay but will you ban my internet enemy too?" are merely pretending to be retarded and know exactly what they are doing. In fact this epic plan just reaped some fruits, the shoutbox was removed five minutes ago and now they can go back to their discord to gloat about how they're too spicy for the codex.

Unwanted
I'm a Turtle Zone member and as far as I know no one was using any discord. All the logs from our chat are accessible to the admins. You're assuming much.
Reminder, t.ACKgnol boasted about having spies in the TZ and Mebrilia couldn't contain her giddiness about knowing the pass. Both Taluntain and DU had access to the chat from the beginning. We knew it wasn't private in the slightest, and we still didn't give a fuck. We just didn't want bad company.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Ontopoly are you permabanned from all chat rooms?
Before it was gone I wasn't able to access any channel. The entire thing didn't load on the page for me so I was unable to go into private shoutboxes
Does this rule only apply when it's done towards Theo?
Pfft, that's not what this is about at all. You're not part of the anti-Theo gang, you just spam disco hitlers.
Was I banned preemptively for spamming disco Hitler? Or was it for the reason you stated before: threatening to be mean to Theo? Your story is becoming inconsistent. You gave your reason

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Look Ontopoly, we're both adults here. We both know you were up to no good. You had no intention of returning to Shoutbox to be a normie poster. You were given plenty of opportunities before and showed no interest in knocking it off. So why shouldn't I ban you permanently? It's not like you were banned from the entire forum, it's only Shoutbox. Which doesn't exist anymore anyway.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Look Ontopoly, we're both adults here. We both know you were up to no good. You had no intention of returning to Shoutbox to be a normie poster. You were given plenty of opportunities before and showed no interest in knocking it off. So why shouldn't I ban you permanently? It's not like you were banned from the entire forum, it's only Shoutbox. Which doesn't exist anymore anyway.
If I'm a problem user ban me for being a problem user. Not for being mean to Theo.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
If I'm a problem user ban me for being a problem user. Not for being mean to Theo.
Why do you want to get banned so badly, are you bored?

Radiane

Cipher
Why do you want to get banned so badly, are you bored?
Hmmm.. this is just some wild guess, but maybe it has something to do with honour..?! Being a honorable person who stays true to his words and such. Something that seems ? to be completely lacking for the user on the other side of this "conflict" and therefore stressing it out so much

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Hmmm.. this is just some wild guess, but maybe it has something to do with honour..?! Being a honorable person who stays true to his words and such. Something that seems ? to be completely lacking for the user on the other side of this "conflict" and therefore stressing it out so much
This is a games forum, not a larp

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I was hyping up a hit piece i was going to release on Theo on my wall. If that's bannable then fuck you and fuck this place. I've made plenty of hit pieces before. I made one on DU once. Again, I have to stress the unique element in this situation that suddenly made what I've been doing for a while now not okay.

Percy

Cipher
Look Jews, we're both whites here. We both know you were up to no good. You had no intention of not trying to undermine the power and authority of your host country. You have been kicked out of 109 countries before and showed no interest in knocking it off. So why shouldn't Hitler have tried to remove you permanently? It's not like you were banned from the entire world, it's was only Germany. Which doesn't exist anymore anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom