Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was shoutbox banned?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Even SDG to the point where it was sad and pathetic. He'd literally go from I WANT YOU SO MUCH to making threads shitting all over it and blaming others for his simping.
And people have told you over and over that SDG needs to be banned for his own good, yet you allowed his endless alts for some reason.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Lol kys fagit
Yes, when confronted with the fact that your "lady" tried to get Fluent to kill himself, this is exactly the kind of big brain response I was expecting from the resident simps. Tell me, are you people so high on "e-girl" pee that you think the possibility of posters who spammed this place for months about how their life is shit and they are gonna end it all, etc actually killing themselves is somehow outlandish? I think not.

To the point where I've actually been thinking of making a rule against simping. You simp, you die. You ask for feet pics, you lolz wanna date, send me nudes, or anything of that nature and your account goes bye-bye.
Now there's a good idea. Ditch the web 2.0/3.0 bs, keep everyone as simply a handle and an avatar.

So go ahead and post the proof. Then contact your local authorities to report this crime.

Let me know how that works out for you.
It will go nowhere right now as it's merely text online. But if a death does happen, it would be a completely different story now, wouldn't it?

Alex

Arcane
Mongoloids making a feature too much of a nuisance get feature removed, experts baffled

congratulations-neon-genesis-evangelion.gif

I don't think it is wise calling DU a mongoloid...

(...)

5. Taking action to "stop the drama" is going to mean banning half the forum, and not the half you think. I see both sides equally to blame. So about 1/4 of users get nuked for their obsession and the other 1/4 get nuked just to be fair. In my opinion, I've seen the drama goes both ways. I can't fairly take action against one without taking action against the other.
(...)

Even if he is acting like one...

Good riddance.

I thought you were here to discuss games? Because if you think this is a step in the right direction, I'm afraid you will be proven wrong. Both those places and GD are containment zones. They are needed to provide a space to vent and post OT. You remove a functional part of the forum and all the white noise is going to flood the other, legit gaming discussion boards.

If you think this will somehow reduce drama or cause the discussion to improve, I'm afraid you're incredibly naive for a 2007 account my friend. And if your solution is simply to strong hand moderation as to ban everyone engaging in out of topic, I'm afraid it will excise a good portion of the forums, myself included.

Could be wrong. I sincerely hope this place can be preserved as much as possible but times are changing.

edit: Case in point, as you can see from DU's post just below mine, this move was made to maximize drama, not to help resolving any issue. As far as I'm concerned, I see no reason to argue with the owner of this place. Joggerino, edit is for you too since you disagree.

Well, one way this could be incline is that mods wouldn't have any more excuses to remove posts arguing about how woke a game is because it belongs in GD.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Lol kys fagit
Yes, when confronted with the fact that your "lady" tried to get Fluent to kill himself, this is exactly the kind of big brain response I was expecting from the resident simps. Tell me, are you people so high on "e-girl" pee that you think the possibility of posters who spammed this place for months about how their life is shit and they are gonna end it all, etc actually killing themselves is somehow outlandish? I think not.

To the point where I've actually been thinking of making a rule against simping. You simp, you die. You ask for feet pics, you lolz wanna date, send me nudes, or anything of that nature and your account goes bye-bye.
Now there's a good idea. Ditch the web 2.0/3.0 bs, keep everyone as simply a handle and an avatar.
Fluent is a total shithead and a liar. I would almost go so far as to call him evil.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Lol kys fagit
You seem upset.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fluent is a total shithead and a liar. I would almost go so far as to call him evil.

It's always hilarious to me that people suggest there is some concerted effort to get rid of Fluent. Usually his name gets mentioned and a bunch of people spontaneously start dunking on him.

It's almost like he's not very well liked outside a few people.

Untrue. Not many places allow discussing how ESRB rating is changing gaming and media from the ground up. Not many places allow true dissention since arguing is usually discouraged. Most forums nowadays enforce precisely what you want, the codex is (was?) the exception. What places are left to vent, for those that consider modern gaming trends decline? Legit question, if you can provide some links.
Sounds like a cool place, we should follow the minimum of the loose moderation rules so they don't make them stricter like everyone else try to test the rules to see if they REALLY mean that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59331975

A Chinese food live-streamer says he has been blacklisted from a grill buffet restaurant for eating too much.
The man, known only as Mr Kang, told Hunan TV that he was banned from the Handadi Seafood BBQ Buffet in Changsha city after a series of binges.
He ate 1.5kg of pork trotters during his first visit and 3.5kg to 4kg of prawns on another visit, he said.
Mr Kang said the restaurant is "discriminatory" against people who can eat a lot.
"I can eat a lot - is that a fault?" he said, adding that he didn't waste any of the food.
But the restaurant owner told the same reporter that Mr Kang was putting him out of pocket.

"Every time he comes here, I lose a few hundred yuan," he said.
"Even when he drinks soy milk, he can drink 20 or 30 bottles. When he eats the pork trotters, he consumes the whole tray of them. And for prawns, usually people use tongs to pick them up, he uses a tray to take them all."
He added that he is banning all live-streamers from the restaurant.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have implemented a solution to stop the drama.

:smug:
Because of that.

You may read the story here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-truth-about-theodora-and-infinitrons-abuse.146080/
Clearly a Codex sticky worthy thread.

P.S. Guys, doxxing, as in revealing real names/real social media profiles/contacting people in real life from this forum is not ok. Even the Yvone shit, as hilarious as it absolutely was, was not ok. However, anything short of that is meh, whatever. For me, the real red line is when real life gets involved.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Sounds like a cool place, we should follow the minimum of the loose moderation rules so they don't make them stricter like everyone else try to test the rules to see if they REALLY mean that.

See, again you're assuming much. What I wrote was an answer to thesheeep proposal of banning all OT related discussion and the consequent additional moderation required. Please, if you speak about me, can you provide any example of me testing those rules?

Because, as a business owner myself, I made the point clear multiple times that the admins are free to determine whatever rules they wish and, as users, we can only decide to participate or not. I certainly don't allow my clients to dictate me what kind of establishment I should run or what norms should or shouldn't be respected on my propriety.

If you weren't aware of my position or are simply shitposting, plz don't quote me like that because to me it sounds like you're strawmanning my argument.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Upside of shoutbox being gone: one less distraction keeping me from playing Wrathfinder

Downside of shoutbox being gone: No longer able to liveblog my Wrathfinder playthrough; also all the notes I left there that I may have wanted to refer to later are no longer accessible

"Why don't you just liveblog in the Wrathfinder thread?"

:what: With all those buildfags?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Upside of shoutbox being gone: one less distraction keeping me from playing Wrathfinder

Downside of shoutbox being gone: No longer able to liveblog my Wrathfinder playthrough; also all the notes I left there that I may have wanted to refer to later are no longer accessible

"Why don't you just liveblog in the Wrathfinder thread?"

:what: With all those buildfags?
just use twitter or something like it

Codex Year of the Donut
4. There have been many ongoing accusations that the TZ groups obsession was getting out of hand. I do note that half of said regulars in said group are already on the shitlist or have been at some stage. And Jenkem. It seems everyone hates Jenkem but prefer talking about Theo. I highly suspect that if Theo was gone, Jenkem would be drama-central next.
???
You have full access to the logs, ~95% of the shit we talk about is games, religion, or politics.

"ongoing accusations"
:nocountryforshitposters:

Not that it matters, we're already situated elsewhere.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
4. There have been many ongoing accusations that the TZ groups obsession was getting out of hand. I do note that half of said regulars in said group are already on the shitlist or have been at some stage. And Jenkem. It seems everyone hates Jenkem but prefer talking about Theo. I highly suspect that if Theo was gone, Jenkem would be drama-central next.
???
You have full access to the logs, ~95% of the shit we talk about is games, religion, or politics.

"ongoing accusations"
:nocountryforshitposters:
He's not going by logs, he's going by troon lies

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
1. I thought everybody assumed Theo was a tranny, given Codex history. I actually don't know. Nor do I care. Scrooge and Crooked Bee are about the only two users I suspect of being legitimate womynz and that's with some suspicion.
lol I fucking love that on the Codex, the suspicion is that a woman might not be a tranny :lol: :lol: :lol:
And as ridiculous as that might be, most of the time it is in fact a tranny :shittydog:

This thread has given me some great Codex nostalgia from 10+ years ago. Time flies, but some things never change.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Well, one way this could be incline is that mods wouldn't have any more excuses to remove posts arguing about how woke a game is because it belongs in GD.

: optimistic:

I guess it had to happen. The dex is now the same as SA and neofag and countless other web forums whose staff keeled over for the sake of the snowflakes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom