Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was shoutbox banned?

Camel

Scholar
But this is precisely the kind of culture that makes this place what it is. I understand what you mean and I don't disagree with the irksome derailed discussions, I just find easy to ignore the current level of white noise and wouldn't want solutions enforcing an artificial kind of balance.
Because I know such variables aren't as easily and cleanly manipulated as you think they are. Imagine the amount of legit and hateful trolling the place would receive. Best case scenario, it would take the admins months if not years to give the boards the kind of stability you argue for. Or do you think such a change wouldn't warrant hundreds or thousands of new alts to be created over months, just to stirr up the pot and troll?
He and other Codex leftists want to ban all political discussion here since it's wrongthink and goes against their left-wing views. Retardera on the contrary has a general/politics forum and I don't see resident leftists going there and proposing banning political discussion.
You're barking up the wrong tree. Nobody would be discussing the kulturkrieg if leftists didn't make everything political.

Movies, games, books, cartoons, comics. Everything is politicized, everything is used for propaganda. If you want to blame someone, blame the people shoving politics into everything, not us for pointing it out.
Exactly. Everything is politics according to the leftists when it suits them.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm talking about culture war BS, which is seeping into topics even outside of GD. Some of it gets removed, most doesn't.
You're barking up the wrong tree. Nobody would be discussing the kulturkrieg if leftists didn't make everything political.

Movies, games, books, cartoons, comics. Everything is politicized, everything is used for propaganda. If you want to blame someone, blame the people shoving politics into everything, not us for pointing it out.
Dude is just not a real gamer.
Durr I just wanna grill play shitty nu-shit and talk about that. Nigga please. No one cares about games. Everything is political now.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I'm talking about culture war BS, which is seeping into topics even outside of GD. Some of it gets removed, most doesn't.
Remind yourself that you are currently simping for a reeeesetera deject that spend half of his day lauding the virtue of anarcho-communism, or how the current issue with blizzard is the misogynistic abuse of the female staff.
But both side bad, amirite.

The thing kept pushing culture wars issue , only to act outraged when being called out, and you're also trying to pretend the problem was with people noticing it.
I think Sheep is gay so he doesn't mind retardera, anarco-communism, feminist bullshit. He wants to turn this place into reddit and what happened is another step in that direction so he's fine with it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I kind of doubt that when "thesheeep" says he wants people to "talk about games" he actually means it either, especially since he is wont to at times participate in such discussions himself.
I would gladly not participate in these discussions and usually don't.
Why do you think I stay the hell out of GD?

It's a humongous waste of time. Nobody ever gets convinced of anything anyway, it's mostly pointless posturing.
Sometimes the instinct to engage does get the better of me and under my imaginary rules I would deserve a "stop it!" warning for that myself.

The only way you get back to "gaming discussion" is by making games about gaming again instead
That would be nice, except that even games that aren't doing any of that stuff are dragged into the politics BS - because at this point some folks are so riled up absolutely anything will set them off. A female protagonist? Propaganda! A black dude? Identity politics! The ability to freely select your looks, voice, etc. ? The downfall of civilization! A male protagonist? Propaganda! A dev team without women? Sexist scum! A game showing historically accurate racism? The downfall of civilization!

It's fucking inane.

Retardera on the contrary has a general/politics forum and I don't see resident leftists going there and proposing banning political discussion.
Can't. Got banned. Guess I wasn't leftist enough? :dealwithit:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't mind these things being discussed, I just detest that they take up every page of every discussion.

Either have a dedicated thread and sperg all you want, or accept that everything that needs to be said about the subject has already been said by the first person to comment on it.

Mortmal

Arcane
OH COME THE FUCK ON, Turtle Zone had ZERO drama incidents and we get shitcanned alongside them? Removing functionality because some people used it in "problematic" fashion is simply gay. Just admit shoutbox was never a problem UNTIL you decided to put a certain individual on a pedestal and he went on to make as many enemies as possible since he believed The Administration™ had his back. Turns out the protected individual was a troon and now the whole community must suffer because of a single lie by omission (that made admins horny, apparently).

That's nonsense dude, reestablish Turtle Zone, please.
1. I thought everybody assumed Theo was a tranny, given Codex history. I actually don't know. Nor do I care. Scrooge and Crooked Bee are about the only two users I suspect of being legitimate womynz and that's with some suspicion.

2. It's clear that half the forum (and 100% of shoutbox) is fixated on whether Theo is indeed a real womynz or a pretend womynz. This is about 90% of the reason I made he/she/it a mod. It's funny to watch you guys obsess.

3. I made a hip and cool comic about drama a few months ago. If it wasn't this, there'd be drama over something else. The need for drama is strong on the Codex.

4. There have been many ongoing accusations that the TZ groups obsession was getting out of hand. I do note that half of said regulars in said group are already on the shitlist or have been at some stage. And Jenkem. It seems everyone hates Jenkem but prefer talking about Theo. I highly suspect that if Theo was gone, Jenkem would be drama-central next.

5. Taking action to "stop the drama" is going to mean banning half the forum, and not the half you think. I see both sides equally to blame. So about 1/4 of users get nuked for their obsession and the other 1/4 get nuked just to be fair. In my opinion, I've seen the drama goes both ways. I can't fairly take action against one without taking action against the other.

So for now, shoutbox is gone. I expect there to be a lot of drama over this.
Yet thats the kind of things that make the site lively ,drama and retardation is entertaining. Everyone knows that, the codex is a crowd that like to cheer and encourage drunks hobos fights. There's very little to discuss nowadays when it comes to rpg, soon the site will be dead , sterile and barren like rpgwatch if it keeps on this path.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Good riddance.

I thought you were here to discuss games?
That would be nice, but game companies in last about 5 years are releasing simplistic stuff that is aimed to earn money, and be quickly forgotten. Last decent stuff was ELEX. And possibly Old World. Barotrauma would be nice when it would be officially released, but that would still take a while.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What DU said is clear: Mebs and Theodora fuel drama, and he likes to see the drama unfold because of it. After Twiglard's post, I suggested that in order to stop it, everyone with a level head ought to ignore them both, and things should get back to normal.

Now Rusty is dead.

Who's next? And who's willing to learn?

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
What DU said is clear: Mebs and Theodora fuel drama, and he likes to see the drama unfold because of it. After Twiglard's post, I suggested that in order to stop it, everyone with a level head ought to ignore them both, and things should get back to normal.

Now Rusty is dead.

The only thing I learned is to hate women and trannies with a force of a thousand suns.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Now Rusty is dead.

The only thing I learned is to hate women and trannies with a force of a thousand suns.
Theodora is basically a cry bully. How do you deal with a bully? You ignore them. This should all be very simple.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

Now Rusty is dead.

Theodora is basically a cry bully. How do you deal with a bully? You ignore them. This should all be very simple.
No, you fight fire with fire. You bully them.

You can ask around, I've been insulting Theodora since he was a lowly Discord tranny on Orma's server back in 2020. He was nasty as he is now, always talking about drugs, prostitution and retarded anarchist/communist. Dude is basically satanic.

I'll never stop insulting him, even more now that I discovered that he's trying to find dirt on me for his nefarious purposes. That faggot needs to be defeated.

Radiane

Cipher
So it was true after all... The admins would rather nuke the hell out of this place than put an end to the tranny tyranny.

Very disappointing. But very telling also.

If those bullies are given extraordinary power, they cannot be ignored as lightly as any other ordinary user....

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
OH COME THE FUCK ON, Turtle Zone had ZERO drama incidents and we get shitcanned alongside them? Removing functionality because some people used it in "problematic" fashion is simply gay. Just admit shoutbox was never a problem UNTIL you decided to put a certain individual on a pedestal and he went on to make as many enemies as possible since he believed The Administration™ had his back. Turns out the protected individual was a troon and now the whole community must suffer because of a single lie by omission (that made admins horny, apparently).

That's nonsense dude, reestablish Turtle Zone, please.
1. I thought everybody assumed Theo was a tranny, given Codex history. I actually don't know. Nor do I care. Scrooge and Crooked Bee are about the only two users I suspect of being legitimate womynz and that's with some suspicion.

2. It's clear that half the forum (and 100% of shoutbox) is fixated on whether Theo is indeed a real womynz or a pretend womynz. This is about 90% of the reason I made he/she/it a mod. It's funny to watch you guys obsess.

3. I made a hip and cool comic about drama a few months ago. If it wasn't this, there'd be drama over something else. The need for drama is strong on the Codex.

4. There have been many ongoing accusations that the TZ groups obsession was getting out of hand. I do note that half of said regulars in said group are already on the shitlist or have been at some stage. And Jenkem. It seems everyone hates Jenkem but prefer talking about Theo. I highly suspect that if Theo was gone, Jenkem would be drama-central next.

5. Taking action to "stop the drama" is going to mean banning half the forum, and not the half you think. I see both sides equally to blame. So about 1/4 of users get nuked for their obsession and the other 1/4 get nuked just to be fair. In my opinion, I've seen the drama goes both ways. I can't fairly take action against one without taking action against the other.

So for now, shoutbox is gone. I expect there to be a lot of drama over this.

Wait.. Shoutbox was just nuked... because of.... Theodora ..?

WTF... I love Theodora now. :love:

Pure Incline.

muckguppy you gonna post about RPG's now? LMFAO

CHEMS

Scholar
No, you fight fire with fire. You bully them.
Problem is, people goad users in banting them, then cry and ask for bans. Forums will have casual banter, not talking about actual harrassement or shit like that, but banter is just natural. Hence why i say that women are the bane of the internet, so much drama, so much need to be sheltered from words, and now even some men (if i can call them that) are following suit whit this bullshit behavior

Back then (and not so much time back) people used to be a little more thick in the skin to browse the web, if you can't take a little banter you shouldn't even be online

Dl1D3vz.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom