Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why wasn't there a 2023 RPGCodex GOTY?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Are we just not doing this anymore? Decent games came out last year, it's not like there's nothing whatsoever to play.

Also, is there a master-directory of all the previous Codexian GOTY winners and runner-ups, by any chance?

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Just give it to spiderman as a pity prize or something.

Although i could imagine swen looking through his accollades for bg3 and noticing a very important award missing…
At first he would laugh it off, after all its just a silly forum right?

But as the years went this absence gnawed at him. Had he not made the best CRPG ever? Every award won told him this, so why did this cabal of wisened rpg sages deny him that which is his by right? What horrible flaws do they see with their farsight that none others can?

This thought would gnaw on him for the rest of his life, depriving him of the ability to feel the most simple satisfaction, forever tormented by the realization that his perfect masterpiece was imperfect and the only people whose respect and authority he truly craved for would always look down upon him with what was even worst then hate or disgust: cold indifference.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's currently January. We did the GOTY 2022 poll in February 2023, and that was for a year that didn't have major releases in December (this year - Rogue Trader, Colony Ship)

Or in short,
doyouevenlift.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The fucking year was horrible

BG3, Colony Ship and Rogue Trader

BG3 is a fucking SJW fest, dumbed down ruleset, 1000 hours of boring cutscenes and :retarded: dialogue. It's only good as a dating sim if you are a lonely manchild

Colony Ship was really average in a bad way, teleporting around like in AoD, awkward camera again, chargen cloned from Fallout without shame

Rogue Trader is full of pozz, class bloat, system bloat, and cringe

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

BG3 is a fucking SJW fest, dumbed down ruleset, 1000 hours of boring cutscenes and :retarded: dialogue. It's only good as a dating sim if you are a lonely manchild

Colony Ship was really average in a bad way, teleporting around like in AoD, awkward camera again, chargen cloned from Fallout without shame

spoken like a true
3z7gMjALJBFUA7c1kk90y6PEt1cwnHACSWpj3_wJXZ8SZMzuBgMSqi85hDoGq4sPMA_5Z4V1YA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

spoken like a true
3z7gMjALJBFUA7c1kk90y6PEt1cwnHACSWpj3_wJXZ8SZMzuBgMSqi85hDoGq4sPMA_5Z4V1YA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj
I haven't played any of the three games he's mentioned but his opinions sound in line with my prejudices therefore shut the fuck up incel

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Maxie Dont bother. I played them all. Quit after a few hours. Lord_Cuck is a known shit eater

I guess my biggest surprise was the averageness of Colony Ship. It's too much like AoD. As for BG3 and RT, I expected them to suck

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I don't remember anything that seemed close to interesting that was released in 2023.

I guess Islands of the Caliph is interesting. And maybe Wartales, but it needs few years more of adding content

Dark Envoy is 0. Oh yeah Space Wreck is the only good thing there. Albeit maybe not for everyone because its so short

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I haven't played any of the three games he's mentioned but his opinions sound in line with my prejudices therefore shut the fuck up incel
It's okay. luj1 didn't play them too. He's just a doomposter and a professional whiner.

I on the other hand played to completion Phantom Liberty, Space Wreck and Colony Ship released in 2023 and enjoyed them all.

Looking forward to BG3 and Rogue Trader too, but first I've got some backlog to deal with and then Thaumaturge will be released, which to me seems even more promising.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, if you found nothing good in 2023, one of the best years for RPGs since 2018 (when we got KCD, Atom and Pathfinder), perhaps its time to change hobby? Love for RPGs obviously died in you, there's no need to go on like this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys, if you found nothing good in 2023, one of the best years for RPGs since 2018 (when we got KCD, Atom and Pathfinder), perhaps its time to change hobby? Love for RPGs obviously died in you, there's no need to go on like this.

They can't remember games that didn't piss them off. They just don't register in their brain.

Guys, Caves of Lore and Amberland 2 are right there! They're pretty nice! Their developers haven't done anything annoying! No woke, no woke!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom