Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildermyth - procedural storytelling tactical RPG - now with Omenroad DLC

jf8350143

Liturgist
I wonder do they have a sequel planned for it.

Add more classes, more random event and maybe races or other stuff, it would be a great game.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/763890/view/4202498669787084663
Wildermyth: Omenroad is now available for purchase! Alternatively, we have a bundle with the base game, Armors and Skins DLC, and Omenroad available at 15% off.

To our Spanish and French speaking Players, due to bad planning on our part, you will notice many untranslated UI elements in the build. We are working to get those cleaned up and patched out as soon as we can. (French players may also encounter some untranslated comics towards the end of the new story campaign)

A little bonus- we're on sale for Steam's Endless Replayability Fest! You can get Wildermyth for 30% off until May 20th. It's the perfect time to pick up the main game and our DLCs if you haven't already!

Wildermyth: Omenroad
The Omenroad DLC gives you a new way to play Wildermyth. For the fighters, we have a roguelike tactical challenge mode with progression across runs. And for the lovers , we have A Walk in the Unlight, a huge new story campaign that uses the Omenroad format to take your heroes past the edge of the Yondering Lands and into worlds beyond.

83827532fe5e1e820d7b7f0e7fe68bf712523d65.jpg

Challenge Modes
Legacy Heroes and Greenhorns alike run a gauntlet of battles, each increasing in difficulty. A node map replaces the Overland map and your party chooses a path by following your appetite for risk and reward.

5b2aa1fe4dc682bc901373c96a9d682d4f138b41.jpg

Transformations, pets, and other rewards are present within the fights themselves, making it a tactical choice which ones to pick up. As a challenge mode, Omenroad runs don’t take place within a larger story and you won’t encounter random story events.

8f686ea4d5d7270b5386105a4ebb27226fc3938b.jpg

At the end of a run, promote your favorite heroes and bring them back into the base game. In between runs, increase Peril for more of a challenge and equip Odes to make your party stronger.

ad36e8c3da3f11e072b02d271b171848a00e4b0b.jpg

You’ll get:
  • 20 new boss fights
  • 20 new unlockable artifacts and augments
  • New Shadow spirit and Shadow weapons to discover in both Omenroad and the base game
  • 75 new battle maps with new objectives
  • A “Wall of Fame” with twelve challenge-based titles for heroes to earn
  • And for those hungry for another Wildermyth campaign…
2c06341202ddd1c9a2009d2d0592e955f96bccbf.jpg

You Are Invited to the Neverbefore Ball!
Our new campaign uses the Omenroad format to tell a Wildermyth story, following two adventurers into Netherflare, the land of the lost. There they encounter faces both fresh and familiar, crossing the phantom-lands of a thousand Yonderings to arrive at a mystical ballroom in a dragon’s castle.

As in the challenge modes, a node map will replace the Overland map and no random story events will occur. Instead, all the stories you’ll encounter have been written specifically for this campaign, making it our most extensively written campaign, by far.

Expect to find:
  • A sprawling story that touches on the lore of all our previous campaigns
  • A new biome: Netherflare!
  • More than 25 new battle maps!
b883d6d283d464ff56117a5df2da988d6e616d59.jpg

Come see what weird wonders will upend you, and who might wander at your side, as you take A Walk in the Unlight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
A Farewell
Active development on Wildermyth is coming to an end

Hi, this is Nate Austin, co-owner of Worldwalker Games.

Wildermyth has been a wonderful journey for us, but that journey has now come to an end. We feel proud of what we've accomplished, and lucky to have an incredible team and an amazing community. And it's never fun to bring something to an end, but sadly this is that time.

The Facts
Active development on Wildermyth is complete. We will continue to support the game and fix critical bugs, but don't expect new content, going forward. We will be saying farewell to many of our team members. <3 Worldwalker Games is going into hibernation for now.

What's Not Going Away
This does not, in any way, affect plans to bring Wildermyth to other platforms. We hope to be able to announce more on that fairly soon, but I cannot say more right now.

The Soundtrack Kickstarter is also not affected. Live recordings of the music will be integrated into the game, and made available as a purchasable OST.

French and Spanish translations for Omenroad will be completed.

We will continue to maintain the discord, wiki, social media, support emails, and merch store.

Why, and Why Now?
Wildermyth has been wonderful, but nothing goes on forever. We wanted to ship Omenroad, and having done that, we're ready to move on. This was the plan, and it doesn't have anything to do with how well Omenroad is doing. (It's doing quite well! And we're extremely proud of it, and will continue to support it!)

We're an independent studio, which means we're not answerable to investors. Nobody is shutting us down. We are going into hibernation because we are done with this project.

The Feels
When I started working on this game, um, 11 years ago, I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder. "I'll show them. I'll show them all." It's not there anymore. The last crumbs (is that how it works? What kind of chip is it supposed to be? A wood chip? A tortilla chip?) Well, the last crumbs of that chip were brushed away some time ago. I feel like we contributed something positive to the ongoing conversation of "what can a game be?"

For my part, I feel that we did what we set out to do, and the time has come to move on. I'm very proud to have been a part of a very special team, and a very special game, and I'm hopeful that the game will continue to live on. We have a tremendous community of players and modders, and that's a dream come true. It's been an incredible honor to deliver you Wildermyth, and I thank you for it!

I'm pretty sure we'll eventually find something else to pour our passion into, and we'll let you know about it when the time comes.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm surprised. This feels like the kind of game you could easily churn out additional paid content for.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm surprised. This feels like the kind of game you could easily churn out additional paid content for.

I don't think this is the sort of thing you make looking for a pay day. Even in EA it felt like someone's creative vision that was coming together in an interesting fashion. I think they laid it out succinctly, they developed it for quite some time and are ready to move on to something new.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom