Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildman Discussion Thread

Diablo169

Arcane
So is it fair to say this kick starter is doomed?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aw man Jaesun, you didn't need to move the entire thing.

Roq

Educated
Larian Divinity is a bit different, than the other projects being thrown around here, since it's more of a prepurchase kickstarter for a game that's largely done. Kickstarter is rather a good way of handling prepurchases, since it has a lot more visibility than bunging a paypal shop on the game's site and a KS sale attracts less commission than a sale through GOG/Steam.

Diablo169

Arcane
So apparently Totalbiscuit offered to do a Youtube interview with Chris to try and drum up some support for the project. Didn't get a response. When one of the most popular Youtube commentators offers to help you answer him Chris....

Multi-headed Cow

So apparently Totalbiscuit offered to do a Youtube interview with Chris to try and drum up some support for the project. Didn't get a response. When one of the most popular Youtube commentators offers to help you answer him Chris....
My opinion of Chris Taylor went up a little. Ignores Totalbiscuit, goes on Matt Chat. Totalbiscuit doesn't really do developer interviews so he's seemingly just trying to scrape up the jewgold being generated by the death of GPG, whereas Matt DOES regularly do interviews and got the tons of extra views normally.

Good man Chris. :salute:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll give him $100 just for ignoring Total Dubmfuck. Re: Larian's Kickstarter I would be pretty surprised if it made a million but I guess it's possible. I'd say more like $500k.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Probably because people told him not to. From the recent interviews I think he's already preparing to close it all down. Well I hope something good happens for him in the future. He mentioned investors if he got the money (which to me sounds kinda horrible to ask a company going out of business but hey) so hopefully there may be some hope.

Modron

Arcane
Nathan Grayson, you are not writing a novel, you are interviewing a subject to inform your audience.

God damn that lead in is awful.

I didn't think RPS could get more pretentious but then Grayson arrived.

All they need now is to merge with the escapist and we would have a perfect storm of ego stroking articles until the funds dry up which would lead them to devolve, like other gaming media, into pure cock sucking until another ign is formed.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Probably because people told him not to. From the recent interviews I think he's already preparing to close it all down. Well I hope something good happens for him in the future. He mentioned investors if he got the money (which to me sounds kinda horrible to ask a company going out of business but hey) so hopefully there may be some hope.

That doesn't make much sense. If there's a possibility to convince investors he'll want to play the final stretch to the end, hoping for the best possible score.

Oh Hey there Kickstarter fatigue
It seems we have our new million+ project here.

Oh no another one I won't be able to resist :(

80Maxwell08

Arcane

That doesn't make much sense. If there's a possibility to convince investors he'll want to play the final stretch to the end, hoping for the best possible score.

Oh Hey there Kickstarter fatigue
It seems we have our new million+ project here.

Oh no another one I won't be able to resist :(
I'm going by that RPS interview where it sounds a lot like he's accepted it but let's just see what happens I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom