Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you be purchasing TES V: Skyrim?

Will you be purchasing Skyrim?

• Yes; in fact I have it pre-ordered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I will pick it up at release

• Yes, I'll eventually buy it, but no rush

• No, I have no interest in it at all

• No, but I will be sailing the Seven Seas to pillage its booty yargh!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I took a quick peek in skyrim general and I don't see any explosions

just some noises about how we should all have realistic expectations

Black

Arcane
Nah, I think spekkio would be better. RK is now more resistant to derpy quality thanks to his LPs of da2 so his rage wouldn't be quite as amusing.

Sacculina

Educated
Esquilax said:
To this day I believe that Looking Glass were pretty much the only developer to fully and properly utilize the strengths of a first-person perspective.

:salute:

Gord

Arcane
circ said:
So is it sucking bad? I don't want to google and I feel like taking a shower but I also should go to the store because they have a sale on my favorite tea.

The game's not even out yet. I don't think that we can make a realy objective statement based on the limited information available.
Sure, it's enough for the haters and there's quite a possibility that they may be proven right to some extend, but still...

msxyz

Augur
octavius said:
What DRM does the PC version use?
Steam activation, though the files are not encrypted. (It seems this was not implemented because it would have made advanced modding impossible)

riptide

Scholar
Steam activation, though the files are not encrypted. (It seems this was not implemented because it would have made advanced modding impossible)

Do you have a source for this? It's the first time I heard of a game's files being unencrypted prior to release on Steam. I take it the preload will be unencrypted as well then?

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Ffs, i just went into the Elder Scrolls Forum, first Thread i saw was "How should a married couple behave?" Closed that Stuff directly, now i am sitting in a dark room, ashamed of myself.

Since I don't value my sanity as much, I searched for that thread

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php ... le-behave/

It probably wont go much more than dialogue and gift giving. Until our wonderful modder vastly improve it

If there is some kind of sex scene where the screen goes black and you hear some "noises", like in fable.... Im modding the "noises"...from humanoid love sounds, to the sound trolls make in combat. It will be the greatist advance in modding...since ever...

Confirmed that there aren't any "animations" In the game, and if so they might have a blank cut scene for sex, it's only confirmed there's nothing in the lines like Fable where you kiss etc.

[...]

I would love to see animations as in the line of fable

I agree that marriage should amount to something. One of the things that drew me to dragon age was the npc interaction. There almost certainly won't be anything of that level in Skyrim, but it doesn't matter to me. Someone will mod. . . physical. . . animations, and being a small-scale modder, I'll muddle through menus and add thousands of lines of dialogue to the game and to my chosen interests and buddies.

Basically, console gamers are getting the short end of the stick, but pc gamers will get tons of large, incredible mods which push interaction beyond anything seen in dragon age. At least, that's my guess.

I'm rather doubtful that there will be any great amount of depth to the in game marriages, however I have great faith in the modding community.

Husband-Wife murder team anyone?

Wife-Wife Darkbrotherhood assassination team!

I have faith in the modding community as well. Who knows, if I find the same I may do some scripting myself :)

SnakeEyesB.jpg

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
msxyz said:
curry said:
Goddamn XBoxers!! Where's the PC leak :decline:
Awesome how pirates get to play the game on Xbox 10 days before release!
PC piracy is destroying the gaming industry! :smug:

No, just the PC industry. Enough xbox players buy games that it doesn't matter.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently Todd & co lied about there being no werewolves in the game (or being able to turn into one). :incline:

If only all of Bethesda's lies were like this one.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Mastermind said:
Apparently Todd & co lied about there being no werewolves in the game (or being able to turn into one). :incline:

GOTY confirmed.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Mastermind said:

Furryfag detected.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Surf Solar said:
Mastermind said:

Furryfag detected.

Oh just fucking wait: they probably made a reference to Twilight somewhere in this fucking hiking sim. You have to choose between a vampire or a werewolf lover.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
DragoFireheart said:
Oh just fucking wait: they probably made a reference to Twilight somewhere in this fucking hiking sim. You have to choose between a vampire or a werewolf lover.

Choose? In that case one of the first mods after all the nude and consumation of marriage mods will be a mod where you don't have to choose, but can have both lovers and be a vampire werewolf.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom