Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[WIP] Thirst, a Dragon Age mod focused on C&C

Shadenuat

Arcane
I spoke to Olen. After closing dialogue screen I got it updated and solved. Could still report failure after that.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I spoke to Olen. After closing dialogue screen I got it updated and solved. Could still report failure after that.
Thanks, that seems weird. I'll check it out - I did test it but I might have changed something and forgotten about it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
In 1.1 Cooking Books quest seems bugged, the moment I took it, I got it updated thrice and solved, while still having an option to report a failure to the dwarf.

did you manage to beat The Sentinel?
Yeah, I even reported that few pages ago. Fighter with two-handers was the toughest playthrough I had, having shield-warrior with Taunt and multiple stuns is easier. You need to get the ogre, Grunt, to follow you, that will help a lot, and pause and kite like fuck.

I do have the Ogre, but he doesn't tank enough, and if he does, he dies instantly :P

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well, you don't have to fight the Sentinel either.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Patch 1.05 released: http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/3496/

Notes:

- Fixed bug with Cooking the Books quest that made it impossible to finish (must reload pre-quest save)
- Fixed dialogue issue with Virgil regarding the Mages Collective
- Fixed dialogue issues with Apprehension quest (lore compliance/consistency)
- Other small misc. dialogue fixes

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Quick FYI to everyone: don't play Thirst right now. There was a very unfortunate regression in patch 4 which made new players start Mildrar's questline at the wrong point. I have fixed this bug and a few more outstanding small issues, and will be issuing a brand-new full installer shortly as well as a patch file. These will be available very soon.

EDIT: Patch 6 is online here: http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/3496/

EDIT 2: Full installer is now online. Does NOT require patch 6 if you install it from scratch.

The bug should be fixed if you load a save from prior to talking to Mildrar for the first time or if you simply haven't talked to him yet and re-enter his shop. If you do not have an earlier save and undertook his quest, you will have to reload.

Fuck, I need my own QA department.

Rake

Arcane
sea
I downloaded and played a couple of hours. It's pretty good so far, great level design and the writing is solid. But for some reason my companions don't earn XP. They stay stuck in the level i was when i met them for the first time and that's it. My main char is level 5 by now, and i have Virgil in 4, fighter dude in 2 and the chick in 1. Has anyone got something similar or something got fucked up in instalation? Except that, i didn't encounter a single problem so far. But i don't want to continiue because sooner or later i will be grossly underpowered to continiue.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sea
I downloaded and played a couple of hours. It's pretty good so far, great level design and the writing is solid. But for some reason my companions don't earn XP. They stay stuck in the level i was when i met them for the first time and that's it. My main char is level 5 by now, and i have Virgil in 4, fighter dude in 2 and the chick in 1. Has anyone got something similar or something got fucked up in instalation? Except that, i didn't encounter a single problem so far. But i don't want to continiue because sooner or later i will be grossly underpowered to continiue.
Do you have the latest patch/full installer? Also, are you using any mods?

Rake

Arcane
sea
Do you have the latest patch/full installer? Also, are you using any mods?
Yes, full instal, and no other mods. i don't know why it happens. I started a new game and again the same thing. :(
I thought to import the char that i finished DA so to be OP and play the mod for the story and C&C, but your mod don't allows it. Is there a way to do it manually?

If not i quess i will reinstall it:x

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yes, full instal, and no other mods. i don't know why it happens. I started a new game and again the same thing. :(
I thought to import the char that i finished DA so to be OP and play the mod for the story and C&C, but your mod don't allows it. Is there a way to do it manually?
Patch 7 is now online. Please consult the readme for instructions on how to install it, but it should be very easy.

It fixes an unfortunate regression caused by patch 4 (again) which caused followers hired during a new game to not gain experience points or level up. A work-around has been provided for players affected by this - if your followers are under-leveled, speak to them and you will find an option to level them up to your level or very near it. You should be able to spend any extra levels earned as normal.

Additionally, a small dialogue bug with Errol in the Arceris Sewers has been fixed.

There's no way to import a character - it causes way too many problems, not the least of which involves the use of my custom backgrounds. If it was a completely stock module I might be able to do that, but because of those changes it just breaks the game (I tried, it just crashes). The character creation code is extremely complicated and my understanding of the engine just isn't in-depth enough to do this, at least without losing my sanity in the process.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
My bad, the first version of that file uploaded didn't actually make sure followers keep regaining XP properly - you'll need to "train" them again for the change to take effect. Please download again, should be fixed this time, but please let me know if it doesn't work.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do you need Awakening or any other DLC to play this mod? Or will the base game do? (Sorry if that has been asked already -- couldn't find that on the DA nexus page.)

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Do you need Awakening or any other DLC to play this mod? Or will the base game do? (Sorry if that has been asked already -- couldn't find that on the DA nexus page.)
I developed it at first using the 1.04 patch with Awakening installed, and later the Ultimate Edition with 1.05. I think it should work without Awakening as it doesn't rely on any special Awakening resources, however, you should still have the latest patch and I can't guarantee 100% it will work perfectly without Awakening installed since it hasn't been extensively tested without it.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I developed it at first using the 1.04 patch with Awakening installed, and later the Ultimate Edition with 1.05. I think it should work without Awakening as it doesn't rely on any special Awakening resources, however, you should still have the latest patch and I can't guarantee 100% it will work perfectly without Awakening installed since it hasn't been extensively tested without it.

OK, thanks, it's just that I have the base game but not Awakening installed. I'll give it a try, then.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The big thing is the patches. With 1.03 (or 1.04, I forget) the devs changed some of the core resource references in the game database. Many old mods were made incompatible after this change. I don't think the core resources that I use for Thirst have any references to Awakening because they were never officially released for modding purposes, so in theory you should be fine provided you use the latest patch.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Yeah, fair enough. I'm reinstalling the game via Steam at the moment -- will let you know if it works okay within the next couple of days.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

After several hours of researching, tinkering, and generally trying to coax blood out of stones, I've finally figured out how to add a party member without having him/her auto-scaled to the player's level, while also properly calculating all their required class, race, and other modifiers, and giving them the required amount of XP to level up to the player's level without spending their points. In other words, this means that now followers should be fully customizable upon recruitment.

I still need to do some testing on this and I plan to do a full game run-through to make absolutely certain it works without side effects (and to correct any further bugs I might find). If all goes well then this feature will be included in the next patch, though for obvious reasons it'd require a new game to work. Still, it should dramatically improve party-building and replayability, and ease some problems a few players had with difficulty by letting them make truly munchkin'd parties.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Still working on it. Current change log:

- Rewrote follower hiring script; now followers will start at level 1 with no pre-set attributes or other characteristics, and will automatically be given enough XP to reach the player's level so all points can be spent manually (requires new game)
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with three guards in the Arceris Outskirts being teleported up on top of a wagon after the Outskirts cutscene played (pathfinding/collision bug)
- Fixed misaligned minimap in the Slums Hovel
- Tweaked pickpocket loot for a number of NPCs
- Cleaned up scripts to remove any NPCs who were supposed to leave an area but did not properly leave (such as when the player goes to a different area and returns before the NPC has finished leaving)
- Fixed a few waypoint names
- Fixed Olen Ortiga calling male characters "ma'am" when talking to him a second time (bug caused by previous changes to merchant dialogue)

Rake

Arcane
Finished. I encountered a problem with one of the endings.
When i persuade the counsil of six that they should surrender their power to me, i still get the democratic end the same as if i would tell them to surrender the power to the people.
Other than that, great game. It's easily on par with profesional works. :salute:
In general your area design was better than the original, except from a couple of areas like Redcliff, Ostangar etc.
Your writting is good, and i agree with your desision to not go for the Tormenty style of dialog. Even if your prose was good enough to pull it of without sounding pretentious, reading walls of text in this engine would be a pain in the ass.
All in all, your C&C was enough that your game is fully replayable, and i'm sure i missed a couple of things. One actually, but it seems it was importand.
What was the deal with Ivan and his restaurant? I went there, they didn't allow me to ender so i expected to be allowed at a latter stage or have a quest about it. And then i forgot entirelly about it until in the Counsil chamber he gets a mention:mad:

The only negative side effect was that your mod made me mildly interested in DA:I :x. See what you have done here...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom