Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2 system reqs are out

Lesifoere

Liturgist
As translated from Polygamia

Recommended specs:

Processor: Intel Quad Core or AMD equivalent
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 260, 1 GB memory / Radeon HD 4850 with 1 GB memory
Memory: 3 GB for Windows XP / 4 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Disk: At least 16 GB of free space

Minimum specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD equivalent
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800, 512 MB memory or ATI equivalent
Memory: 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Disk: 8 GB for the game installation and 8 GB for bonus materials

Truly a game made for the PC master race; good thing I just upgraded my GPU. :smug: Not sure what they'll do to tone it down for the maybe-maybe-not console ports considering, but it'll be a shitload of toning-down they'll have to do.

made

Arcane
Is my Athlon X2 5400 equivalent to an Intel Quad Core? Apart from that I'm good to go. Bring on the Witcher!

Captain Shrek

I meet recommended requirements too!

Hoping for a good game though... :/

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I have no idea if my PC meets any requirements because I am not a nerd. I'll have to ask the neighbour's kid if he knows.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Now let's hope that it will also be well optimised and those specs are actually worth anything. I'm somewhere between required and recommended for this and I can't even get 30 fps in Act III of the first game.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ok, I am slightly below the recommended specs. Should be fun :thumbsup:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Specs mean shit.

We'll have to wait and see how the actual game looks like and how well it runs.

And what really matters is the level/map design that goes along with those graphics and not the derp-effects. Are we going to have to wait 30 seconds of loading time each time we enter/exit a house ? Are the areas big enough, or are we going to have the usual shit in order for the console ports to handle it ?

Monocause

Arcane
My CPU is below minimum specs but that haven't stopped me before and won't stop me now.

Mrowak

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Specs mean shit.

And what really matters is the level/map design that goes along with those graphics and not the derp-effects. Are we going to have to wait 30 seconds of loading time each time we enter/exit a house ? Are the areas big enough, or are we going to have the usual shit in order for the console ports to handle it ?

Actually from the videos we could see, this time around the world is more open - think Gothic. You can enter a house at your leisure, just like that. You will see loading screens only while loading huge locations, or a save.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Mrowak said:
ghostdog said:
Specs mean shit.

Actually from the videos we could see, this time around the world is more open - think Gothic. You can enter a house at your leisure, just like that. You will see loading screens only while loading huge locations, or a save.

Cool, I like thinking of Gothic.

As long as it's not Gothic 3 of course.

Mrowak

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Mrowak said:
ghostdog said:
Specs mean shit.

Cool, I like thinking of Gothic.

As long as it's not Gothic 3 of course.

Here's a short gameplay presentation of a dwarven town.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/questing-developer-the-witcher/710869

The minigames in the tavern kinda suck, though. :/

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Yep, they saw the error of their ways and developed their own engine. From the looks of things, I'd say that's a fine move.

Karmapowered

Augur
The new engine uses streaming to load the resources of the game.

Hence why you shouldn't ever see the infamous "loading, please wait" screen, unless playing on a console outdated computer.

EDIT : Here is an interesting chat with the lead designer (I think), which elaborates some more.

The game seems very promising to me.

racofer

Thread Incliner
This is complete bullshit!

How can a better looking game than DA2 have lesser system requirements?!

HOW!?!

THAT!

IS!

IMPOSSIBLE!!

Jaesun said:
Potato power!

1-1610a.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom