Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls - now available on PC

680x0

Learned
It's to do with the ninja model specifically. I don't pretend to understand the ins and outs of it, but something in that model totally breaks if you use a render other than software and the game slows to an absolute crawl. Apart from that it performs fine.

Playing Demon's Souls at 120 FPS and there are still some PS2 games that chug like a mofo >:|

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't remember it being slow. I remember that everyone i meet is dead or dying.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't get the appeal of this shit. This seems like a braindead game within braindead genre i dunno. Maybe I'll try one of the classics at some points and it will change my mind but holy shit every blobber I try is like playing early prototypes of people experimenting with 3d engines with severe limitations. They feel like what text adventures are to fallout but for jrpgs.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Is it that good to be more expensive than Elminage: Gothic?
IIRC Elminage: Gothic launched at $19.99, then the price was severely cut down and then (?) the game became dirt cheap due to severe discounts.

Last time I checked, I had the impression it didn't help their sales figures much, if at all.

yeah, I think blobbers or dungeon crawlers are long-tail earners, discounts don't help as the people who play them usually have money and are willing to pay for them, and not enough people buy them even at big discounts, since it's not the type of game lots of people like anyway

Viata

Arcane
I had created an Steam account just to buy Elminage back when it was announced to release on Steam. It was worth every cent. :love:
First game I bought:
1N8jwwj.png

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
WTF LOL did you take that screencap off your phone?! Also.. You're wall colors are gay... but you are Roguey...

taking photo of game instead of screenshot should be a crime on pc. even consoles can take screenshot nowadays

:hmmm:

I asked if there were any more like it, I obviously don't own it. I found this picture from a thread in another forum made back in 2011.

Casual Hero

Augur
Downloading it right now. I still need to play the Elminages, but something about seeing the name "Wizardry" is very appealing.

Also, I had a bad feeling about what the GOG reviews were going to be, and sure enough there are a few IDIOTIC 1 star reviews.
These GOG reviews are just a bunch of old men saying that this is "not their Wizardry". Okay.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The wall graphics in the first dungeon aren't great, black and white wireframe would be an improvement

cocorulverde

Educated
I know this is the last place where I should ask this, but what the Hell ... does it have an automap?

now bring it on.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The wall graphics in the first dungeon aren't great, black and white wireframe would be an improvement

The whole game sadly looks like fucking ass.

Same goes with Elminage, and all those other lifeless, 1-frame 2D sprites against bland 3D hallway blobbers. You either go full 3D like Forsaken Lands or Grimock, or stay completely 2D with lower resolution sprites (animated) and envionrments like Wiz 7.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom