Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If every piece of my gear “breaks” in classic/tbc/wotlk
Granted, I can't compare with modern WoW, but if you're butt naked at level 60, there is a world of difference between you and someone fully decked.

I know. Same thing in Diablo 2.But guess what. I killed hell Baal naked in D2. IMO the greatest problem of wow classic/tbc/wotlk is the ridiculous level of gear dependency. Would be better if you could raise your intellect via studying books, intellectual professions like engineering and alchemy, doing quests, drinking rare mutagenic potions, reading books and so on, instead of by gearing.

Other problem that I have with wow is that as an Affliction Warlock, I have no problem dealing ridiculous high damage to creatures of the void like voidwalkers and to undead. IMO they should be if not immune, extremely resistant vs shadow damage.

Would also be cool if the region and weather affected spells. For eg, frost magic stronger in winterspring than in molten core. Shadow magic stronger in duskwood at night than in a desert during the day and so on. Its raining? Shaman's lightning spells would become stronger. Same for martials. Paladins, should get increased damage vs ALL undeads, slashing weapons vs zombies, blunt weapons vs skeletons, piercing weapons vs wild animals and so on.

They also should have made races more impactful. Forsaken should have ALL benefits and drawbacks of undeath. Warlock magic should have ben made MORE dangerous, not less dangerous with the time.

hey if you buy this game expansion, we'll let you play it without giving us more money for the privilege.

* For a month

If you wanna play an year, you must pay about US$100.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
SOVL:
nRH5zI2.jpg

SOVLLESS:
XSHS00-F6-IFZ91650386025907.jpg

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Played my demon hunter quite a bit, but the fucking community on mythic+ dungeons is fucking cancer. As a tank the amount of abuse I get is beyond the pale... So I decided to level an alt... Another tank, this time a druid.

Cromwell

Arcane
Think they're doing a free trial of the whole expansion for a couple of days as well (I quickly scrolled the email).

Yeah, this sunk like the Mighty Hood.

the trial is only until level 63 of 70 and only for the new race/class. The game time is also only given if you gift the game to someone else. Dont know if it bombed or not but everything they try is probably related to the fact that shadowlands was hated by probably everyone. It may as well have tanked for all I know, I only came back to shadowlands after not playing for I dont know how many years and I cant fathom how people endured these (new for me) mechanics of borrowed power worldquests and so on for three expansions without quitting. Dragonflight is vastly better all around then the previous expansion.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The game time is also only given if you gift the game to someone else.

The email says to simply click on the gift icon. Unless by someone else you mean Blizzard. This email came after the offer of a bonus 30 days game time if I bought Dragonflight. Which came after an email asking to take a survey with most of their questions centering on Dragonflight. This is all within a 3 week period in the month of December.

Cromwell

Arcane
The email says to simply click on the gift icon. Unless by someone else you mean Blizzard. This email came after the offer of a bonus 30 days game time if I bought Dragonflight. Which came after an email asking to take a survey with most of their questions centering on Dragonflight. This is all within a 3 week period in the month of December.

I was just going by what the launcher says since I have seen no email. It wouldnt suprise me if the lost a lot of people again with the last addon, so it may have tanked hard and they need to get the people back.

Well boys and girls, we are hitting peak retardation. In the new dungeon (rework of Uldaman) we have new lore text from Odyn that says the Titan are....bad guys.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=201722/edicts-of-the-prime-designate-volume-742

Please, feast your eyes on this masterpiece:

"First: All historical records documenting the advancements of the Black Empire are to be purged.

Paint that age as one of chaos and misery, a pernicious blight that we keepers eradicated. With the Old Gods locked in confinement, there should be no evidence available to contradict our assertions.

Surely if you care for these mortals, you would not wish to see them led astray into darkness."

You heard it right, the Black Empire, the hellworld ushered by eldrich abomination was actually good and brought many advancements. I don't have words for this. Captain Planet was more subtle that this, Scooby Doo was Shakespeare compared to this. This is just insulting, this is Blizzard giving up and saying, "Ok, next expansion the boss will be a Titan. Deal with in faggots. Oh, and the good guys are now bad and the bad guys are now good. Fuck Lore, gib shekels".

This is doubly insulting because they are retconning lore from 2 years ago. 2 freaking years and we are getting a retcon. Apparently, the whole patch of us doing the impossible to stop Nzoth was a mistake! He was a good guy! His empire of torture, pain and misery brings many advancements! Oh, and the Titans are just cosmic jannies now. The First Ones are now the new titans and the Titans just stole all their achievements.

Goodness gracious, WoW has had many dumb retcons over the years but this is up there as among the dumbest. But I regard anything after MoP as bad fanfiction, though. The moment they did an alternate timeline plot, you knew that the writers had ran out of ideas.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Well boys and girls, we are hitting peak retardation. In the new dungeon (rework of Uldaman) we have new lore text from Odyn that says the Titan are....bad guys.

"First: All historical records documenting the advancements of the Black Empire are to be purged.

Paint that age as one of chaos and misery, a pernicious blight that we keepers eradicated. With the Old Gods locked in confinement, there should be no evidence available to contradict our assertions.

Surely if you care for these mortals, you would not wish to see them led astray into darkness."

You heard it right, the Black Empire, the hellworld ushered by eldrich abomination was actually good and brought many advancements. I don't have words for this. Captain Planet was more subtle that this, Scooby Doo was Shakespeare compared to this. This is just insulting, this is Blizzard giving up and saying, "Ok, next expansion the boss will be a Titan. Deal with in faggots. Oh, and the good guys are now bad and the bad guys are now good. Fuck Lore, gib shekels".

This is doubly insulting because they are retconning lore from 2 years ago. 2 freaking years and we are getting a retcon. Apparently, the whole patch of us doing the impossible to stop Nzoth was a mistake! He was a good guy! His empire of torture, pain and misery brings many advancements! Oh, and the Titans are just cosmic jannies now. The First Ones are now the new titans and the Titans just stole all their achievements.
The main problem here is that there are still "people" who care about this shit

Cromwell

Arcane
You heard it right, the Black Empire, the hellworld ushered by eldrich abomination was actually good and brought many advancements.

thats not whats written there. only that they were advanced and that humans shouldnt search for them so advancements were ascribed to titans. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt put it past them to do soemthing like this but you shouldnt become retarded in turn and misread stuff.

J1M

Arcane
Goodness gracious, WoW has had many dumb retcons over the years but this is up there as among the dumbest. But I regard anything after MoP as bad fanfiction, though. The moment they did an alternate timeline plot, you knew that the writers had ran out of ideas.
That was driven by the Warcraft movie. They wanted people to see the movie and recognize characters from it in the expansion available at the time.

Personally, I think admitting your older work was more compelling and tapping into that is more appropriate that trying to erase it out of existence with "retcontexutalization".

J1M

Arcane
Don't worry everyone, Christie Golden will explain it all away in a book you won't read five years from now.
A YouTuber that derives income from the franchise said it was a fantastic book and the only problem was that they didn't use 8 patch cycles in the game on it!

Kem0sabe

Arcane

You are teleported back in time to the black empire, during a quest for the bronze dragons, doesn't look to have been a good time, so not sure what that lore bit is on about in uldaman.

You are teleported back in time to the black empire, during a quest for the bronze dragons, doesn't look to have been a good time, so not sure what that lore bit is on about in uldaman.
Exactly! You are pulled back into the same raid zone you did 2 years ago which was literally hell on earth and we're supposed to assume it was not all that bad?
I remember the Legion pre-patch event where the capital cities had cultists spreading pamphlets saying that the Legion was actually a force for the good of the universe or other that said that it's impossible to fight the Legion so we better surrender or kill ourselves. Typical divide and conquer tactics that you would expect from a demon. Reading all the propaganda gave you an achievement, I think.

This seems like it's the same, except it's played straight and much, much dumber. In BFA you had to go into possible futures of Azeroth where you saw what would happen in case the Old Gods win and it sure wasn't pretty. Now the deconstruction of the story has reached the level where R'lyeh is equally good and you are a Titan supremacist if you disagree.

Dr1f7

Scholar
WoW's still better than it's ever been really
Legion made the game actually somewhat playable and every xpac since has just made it better and better

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom