Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

jackofshadows

Magister
Bester guildmates told me it's not exactly easy compare to other dd specs but try to get shield powers/absorb on them and some mirror image perks. Consider spec to frost like everyone else for easier kiting and overall dps.

General tips from my runs would be clear every single mob if you're struggling and buy only dps-related perks (that's the reason why mage is harder because you need some survivability as well). Do not forget any buffs: pots, chants, oils etc. Do not forget possibility to change talents before the boss fight in the vendor's dome.

Also there's a trick if you've got 1.5 bubble power in the middle of run you can save it until the end boss and activate during the fight.
Heard healers also have a nice time.
They have except for the bosses because some of them getting stacks over time so you need to kill them as fast as possible. Not to mention it takes more time to complete a run compare to dd specs.

J1M

Arcane
Torghast tips:

There is a hologram next to the floor 3 vendor showing the boss you will face.

The power that does 10% hp damage when interrupting is often all the throughput you need to kill the boss.

Original move, do not steal: use the 250 anima ball that converts an enemy into a reward on the vendor to convert it into 400 anima. That's 150 free anima. Note: slightly less useful on floor 6.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Problem is you don't get the power unless you're lucky enough. Torghast is ridiculous if you plan to farm it alone.

Shitposter
yall just need to play a class with a tank spec
I don't understand why you would ever play a 3-dps spec class, you'll never be invited to raids or mythic dungeons unless you outgear them, wait 45 minutes in dungeon queues, get shafted in solo content, etc...

mages are cool and all but just find a class that you like with a tank spec and it's like you get to cut all the lines in an amusement park or something

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I can't DPS in dungeons. I've read all the major guides, crafted the optimal legendary, optimized conduits, optimized build, optimized rotation, everything. I then recorded videos of myself going through the dungeon and uploaded to specialized discord channels. They nitpicked a few minor things, but nothing that could account for a COMPLETELY SHITTY DPS. I finally gave up on fire and changed spec to match with my covenant for a minor boost. Nah, still shit dps.

I got ilvl 178. Yet I'm happy if I end up with an above tank DPS. I'm happy if I can pull off 2k dps on a boss, I rarely can. Everyone else does 3k+.

Idk... Had the same thing in BFA with a rogue, to the point where I simply couldn't do mythic10+ because my dps was lackluster. So I decided to change class in the new expansion and it's the same thing all over again...

I just don't know anymore... I'm just giving up now.

abija

Prophet
They have except for the bosses because some of them getting stacks over time so you need to kill them as fast as possible. Not to mention it takes more time to complete a run compare to dd specs.

Lower mob hp and plenty of offensive animas. Meanwhile dps, until they get better gear need to focus on survivability.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The plan is to go dps until 9.2 and then switch to tank. This way I can fund my wow habit just from farming. Dps farms better, in my case bm hunter.

J1M

Arcane
Seems like a shit plan. Should have just sold gatherer materials while levelling the first week and you'd have 2 months of gold already. Even just disenchanting quest rewards should net you 50K from crystals.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do you get more for grouping torghast? just solo
Layer 3 not soloable by mage. Only by DH, prot warrior, etc.
Someone flagged with FAKE NEWS, which is fake news - L3 is not soloable by mages of any sort as of this moment (can confirm from experience as a Frost Mage, can confirm from secondhand experience about Fire Mage). They'll fix it soon probably.

I most probably won't last enough to see it though. I'm bored to tears already, and plot is even worse than I expected.

Avarize

Magister
I can't DPS in dungeons. I've read all the major guides, crafted the optimal legendary, optimized conduits, optimized build, optimized rotation, everything. I then recorded videos of myself going through the dungeon and uploaded to specialized discord channels. They nitpicked a few minor things, but nothing that could account for a COMPLETELY SHITTY DPS. I finally gave up on fire and changed spec to match with my covenant for a minor boost. Nah, still shit dps.

I got ilvl 178. Yet I'm happy if I end up with an above tank DPS. I'm happy if I can pull off 2k dps on a boss, I rarely can. Everyone else does 3k+.

Idk... Had the same thing in BFA with a rogue, to the point where I simply couldn't do mythic10+ because my dps was lackluster. So I decided to change class in the new expansion and it's the same thing all over again...

Record some logs and ask for analysis.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Where do I ask for logs analysis ?

jackofshadows

Magister
Someone flagged with FAKE NEWS, which is fake news - L3 is not soloable by mages of any sort as of this moment (can confirm from experience as a Frost Mage, can confirm from secondhand experience about Fire Mage). They'll fix it soon probably.
Lmao. You 'confirmed' by not completing it and blizz should 'fix' it? Dude... Here, took me 5 min to find this time stamp. Bester take a look as well and watch how he does dungeons, he's just destroying everything there on mage.

Avarize

Magister

In your class discord. Upload a dungeon run to warcraftlogs.com and give them the link. Iirc the site also has instructions on how to log.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

In your class discord. Upload a dungeon run to warcraftlogs.com and give them the link. Iirc the site also has instructions on how to log.
They hate me and have started trolling me and making it personally about me. They're cunts. Need some other place that can analyze logs.

Avarize

Magister
https://www.wowanalyzer.com/
That's an automatic analyzer pointing out most common problems. But all specs might not be up to date. Not sure if it supports dungeon analysis though, so you may have to to wait until the raid comes out and log a couple LFR fights or something.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Thanks. So to record a log, I went into a heroic and did a 2.8k - 3.2k dps on all bosses. Seems like mythic kills my dps simply because it makes me move too much or distracts me on various tasks during boss.

jackofshadows

Magister
Dunno why would anyone quit now. Plot related stuff is gated anyway but the raid came out, M+ has started as well as PvP season. I wish there was more than 24 hours a day tbh.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I love M+, but can only play when a buddy tank goes to M+.
Other times I tried using my key, it's a wipe 5 seconds after we're in and everyone quits. I obviously check out their RIO before inviting, but that doesn't help.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The expansion at max level devolves into too much busy work. You have the daily covenant callings, the weekly covenant anima quest, then weekly torghast on both wings (layer 6 justifies getting a group for, not necessarily faster but less of a hassle to run it), the the weekly pvp quests, the weekly dungeon quests, the daily and weekly maw quests, the maw and world bosses events, mythic and now raid... Plus the mission table.

All that means that there's a lot of ways to get equipment for your character but due to RNG it also means that you can spend a week doing all that shit and not get much out of it.

Also, 2 weeks into this and I'm already tired of the dungeons, they are fast to run but not memorable at all.

jackofshadows

Magister
This is MMO, right? Doing daily and weekly activities in order to be at least on curve seems fine and daily for one char requires 1-1.30h tops now which is faaaar less than it was in Legion and BfA. Moreover, you can cut daily maw for casual level completely and callings too, they're p. much useless progress wise.

Basically you can do your favorite type of content only and still do some progression, just slower. Many casuals playing 1 spec so they can farm ash for a few favorite legs in a very laidback fashion once they get some gear and gather a group.

On the other hand, autists have much to do indeed which is exactly what they want and getting edge as sockets/extra legs higher itlvl from types of content seems fair to me.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
You'd have to be some kind of dumbfuck to complain that there's too much to do in your time-gated MMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom