Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst moment in a cRPG

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Mangoose said:
Yeah. You didn't have trouble with your weapons destroying themselves on the golems?

Use other weapons if you have some that you hold dear.

yaster

Liturgist
SCO said:
Another thing, about morte
His special ability, the litany of curses can be improved. Copying from some site because i forgot:
# Speak to a Harlot in the Hive. When Morte asks you for money to go with the Harlot, tell him to forget it and that you're probably saving him from dying twice. The Harlot insults you, teaching Morte new insults in the process.
# Also in the Hive, find Jhelai for Craddock. When you return to Craddock, tell him the truth about what Jhelai said. Morte will learn something from Craddock's resulting outburst.
# In the Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts, ask Kimaxsi Adder-Tongue if she can teach Morte to be more abusive. She can.
# In the Lower Ward, enter the Pawn Shop and get Miccah and Brocah to argue.
# In Clerk's Ward, buy the Gorgon Salve in the Curiosity Shoppe. Then enter the Galleria and use the Gorgon Salve on the stone statue to bring him back to life. He will issue his terrible curse, improving Morte's Litany (and killing you).

This kind of stuff and making morte-like somehow central character could lead to rather neat game. Making him powerful would require making everybody mad at the character or at world, and in the process loosing some opportunities for a friend and ally able to help make progress. Powerful char or allies. Imagine that one of these paths would not suffice alone, the most profitable/the only possible way of playing would be to have combination of them, and it would be at players hands to determine with npc is valuable and could turn out to be more helpful in the long run...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
God dammit now I have to play PS:T again.

Actually, that's not something I should be mad about.

deuxhero

Arcane
halflingbarbarian said:
In recent rpgs my most rage moment was the final boss fight of DA. I practically endured an entire fucked game to gather ineffective and irrelevant NPC allies against a retardedly easy and silent, soulless captain badass dragon. The entire experience didn't differ from the first fight I had in the game killing dwarves in the arena approach-wise.

If you want to see soulless dragons done right, check out Fire Emblem 6.

CrimHead

Scholar
Cornugon and lesser Baatezu (I think they're called that) are pretty dragon-like.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Radisshu said:
I think dungeons in the Infinity engine worked much better than dungeons in Arcanum, though.

Some of them were ridiculously tight, though, which made party-management a hassle. IWD was somewhat better in that aspect and Arcanum much better.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Cornugon and lesser Baatezu (I think they're called that) are pretty dragon-like."

No, they aren't.

Volourn said:
"Cornugon and lesser Baatezu (I think they're called that) are pretty dragon-like."

No, they aren't.

Abishai. Yes, they are.

tumblrl0o2cf2qbe1qzlz8z.png

bhlaab

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:
Dragon-like != dragon

FFS

dragon-like = a dragon but we didn't want to be cliche about it so we called it something else

Angthoron

Arcane
They're Komodo-dragon-like.

Another awful RPG moment was brought to me by Arcanum - Virgil death bug, or whatever the heck it was, when I arrived to save him after following all the clues and not finding his body there. I then spent a while looking for where I've gone wrong, failed to do so, and made angry noise in the process.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom