Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst RPGs All Time?

Stefmob

Novice
If you quit Fallout 2 after 45 minutes errytime, the problem lies more likely in you than in the game itself.
ofcourse it is me, i get easy bored, and have the problem i like new ideas, and the flow and expression of that idea. most of the times i dont like to waste my times on good ideas, but not in a new way (fallout 2), - rather play the first again. see it like this, i rather rewatch a good movie, then finish a mediocure one.

BTW I missed spelled, I tried fallout 2 a couple of hours and cleared 1 locations (the intro trails not counting).

Codex Year of the Donut
I can't speak for Odyssey
ShgLO4C.png

the eternal g*rmoid strikes again

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Okay I am never gonna take anything you guys say about rpgs ever again seriously. What the fuck.

W3 is a normal console rpg with an unexciting skill progression that allows you to roughly shape archetypes if you aren't retarded.
Origins is a mediocre console action game, where someone took pieces of the main combat, cut them out and put them behind a very rough skill system.

You need brain damage to unironically think Origins is better than anything in any category. That game is literally not even an rpg.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Assassin's Creed Origins
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Neither are even as bad an RPG as The Witcher 3

I can't speak for Odyssey but Origins is a god damn travesty. Witcher 3 is a bit boring but inoffensive, Velen is even a good area.
Witcher 3 is much much better than Origins.

See I really enjoyed Origins. I don't think it's an RPG in the slightest, but playing it made me realise how little of an RPG TW3 is.

I hated Velen too. Bored my tits off & was depressing. Whereas Origins sunny, magical climes drew me in.

Maybe the each gameworlds pandered to our own individual taste, ans that had a significant influence of our opinion on the games?

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I can't speak for Odyssey
ShgLO4C.png

the eternal g*rmoid strikes again

Probably the first retarded rating I gave not because you are a cunt, but because the opinion is just so incredibly retarded that no other button fits. Wtf.
You haven't even played the game, how would you know anything about it?

Ah sorry, my mistake. I thought you were talking about Origins because the games have so fucking similar names. I still assume you have autism for liking an AC as an rpg but it's merely a strong assumption now.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I hated Velen too. Bored my tits off & was depressing. Whereas Origins sunny, magical climes drew me in.

It's literally just a fuckton of desert with a few pre built outposts, all extremely similar, copy and pasted in.
But you do you I guess.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
They are all excellent RPGs. Witcher 3 is the weakest in terms of systems, but it is still a fucking RPG.
Literally no one plays Witcher games for their combat or RPG mechanics. People praise them for the story, characters, cutscenes, world-building and atmosphere, but the core gameplay is just third-person action with some RPG elements sprinkled here and there. You can remove all of that and nothing will be lost. If you enjoy Witcher games, well, good for you, I'm not going to convince anyone to stop doing that, but this doesn't make them RPGs.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They are all excellent RPGs. Witcher 3 is the weakest in terms of systems, but it is still a fucking RPG.
Literally no one plays Witcher games for their combat or RPG mechanics. People praise them for the story, characters, cutscenes, world-building and atmosphere, but the core gameplay is just third-person action with some RPG elements sprinkled here and there. You can remove all of that and nothing will be lost. If you enjoy Witcher games, well, good for you, I'm not going to convince anyone to stop doing that, but this doesn't make them RPGs.

Let's see.

In Witcher games you have:

1. Character advancement (experience points, levels, stats, skills). While there is a fixed protagonist, you can choose the direction in which he develops (general paths of melee, magical signs and alchemy).
2. Combat that while being actiony (in Witcher 2 & 3) is also heavily reliant on the stats and skills of the PC. And despite the fact there are no classical skillchecks or statchecks, there are also certain skills (Axii sign) that affect dialogues.
3. Choices that have consequences which shape how the story unfolds, sometimes dramatically (Witcher 2 is prominent here).

The way I look at it, they're totally RPGs.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom