Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin - new Quake engine game from 3D Realms

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1000410/view/3712700495636827251?l=english

An Update on the WRATH: Aeon of Ruin 1.0 Release Date

Greetings Outlander,

We would like to use this opportunity to apologize for our lack of communication regarding the full release date of WRATH: Aeon of Ruin. The past year has been extremely difficult for the team; we have managed to reinforce it with some very talented new members however, and as you can see from our regular bi-weekly updates, progress is being made. Even though development is now moving forward at a steady pace, due to those past difficulties, we are behind our original schedule and unable to catch up.

We are sorry, but the game will not leave early access in 2023. We know this is a disappointment for all of our fans, and we have been trying our best to make it happen earlier than next year - in the end we could not, not without compromising the quality of the final version of the game.

Thank you everyone for your ongoing support.

News article is titled "Aeon of Ruin 1.0 Release Date"

Doesn't mention a date, just another delay... 3D Realms is a fucking joke.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
1687903817464.png

:hahyou:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
bruh how is this taking 5+ years to develop

I think i've mentioned it before, but my understanding is that they basically lacked an engine and/or tools programmer - especially since i remember them complaining at some point about their workflow with stuff that i feel (based on my experience actually working on these things) would be trivial for an engine/tools programmer to improve.

"When it's done" was George Broussard's catch phrase for DNF that he was mocked for. Fucking cringe that neo-3DR is trying to co-opt it.

IIRC it was originally something that id Software used before Apogee/3DR.

randir14

Augur
I got banned from their Steam forum for mentioning that the real Apogee/3D Realms is still publishing games while the pretender's projects are all stuck in development hell. And judging from the new livestream Wrath isn't looking too good compared to other recent FPS games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Coming February 27th:

It's been a while, but the release date for WRATH: Aeon of Ruin is finally upon us.

Once adrift upon the Ageless Sea, you now find yourself on the shores of a dying world. From the consuming darkness emerges a figure cloaked in white, the Shepherd of Wayward Souls, who burdens you with the task of hunting down the remaining Guardians of the Old World. You must journey into the vast gloom to explore ancient ruins, discover forgotten secrets and battle the horrors that lurk within.

Coming February 27, 2024.

Last edited:

geno

Savant
Multiplayer is no more.
WRATH: Developer Update - The Final Stretch

Greetings Outlander,

It’s been a while since our last update when we announced that WRATH: Aeon of Ruin will be leaving Early Access on February 27, 2024, so it is time again to share a quick update to welcome the beginning of the new year!

The Finishing Touches of Development
We have made the most of the time spent since our final bi-weekly update. The entire team has really come together, and we couldn’t be more proud of them. Suffice it to say, we are extremely excited for the impending launch in February and for you to see all of the new content.

The core gameplay and features for the PC version of WRATH are now complete.
Our final step before we are truly ready for release is localization–which is already well under way–and is the final milestone left before we wrap up.

Glimpses of the New Content
79d4a2c7129fce5bb1a4e4587e934494e9d8e74a.gif

Some of the things we’re most excited for you to experience in the final release are the more fantastical and mystical elements of the game. And we have an abundance of new content coming with the release of the 1.0. Here are a few highlights:
  • Fully-Implemented Story
WRATH's narrative approach aims to be concise and unobtrusive, encouraging you to explore the various environments and learn the history of The Old World.
  • 3 Bosses
Each of the three episodes is accompanied by a new hub, and at the end of each new hub is a boss of various types.
  • 3 New Weapons - meaning 9 in total
  • 4 New Enemies - 15 in total
  • 2 New Sigils - 3 in total
  • 5 New Artifacts - 10 in total

75c00471a3e6a570c7563736471cad772cccf0cd.png

In addition, we have of course done significant polish on the pre-existing content as well as adding new things. For example, we have updated the opening segment of the game; within that segment you meet a new NPC, “
The Shepherd of Wayward Souls
”.

26f703f6ffbd901adaa4cdfab4265e9875a76c3c.gif

The Shepherd accompanies the Outlander on their journey to save the imprisoned guardian of The Old World.

We’ve also included some notes that can be found as you explore and find secrets. These notes are left over from the inhabitants of The Old World and can be collected, giving bits of context and worldbuilding to WRATH’s atmosphere.

d74683de847eb7b10358f43676512e4c571f63de.png

Additionally, we have implemented a new tutorial segment at the beginning of the game that serves two purposes:
  1. Better player onboarding, explaining some of the systems and abilities to be found within the game. This is primarily intended for new players, but we think that experienced players will enjoy this as well because:
  2. The new introduction serves as the anchor for the narrative and worldbuilding. It will set the stage for players to understand who the Outlander is and why they are on the journey that they are on.
And of course, we have added many general improvements over the initial early-access release.
  • Improved Enemy Encounters
  • Improved Enemy AI
  • Improved Map Layouts
  • Improvements to Overall Balance
  • Improvements to Overall Performance
Multiplayer Status
We have been faced with a hard decision; either we could commit time and resources to working on multiplayer or cut it completely and fully buckle-down on polishing the single-player experience, and improve upon it even more than we originally thought possible before our full release. After careful considerations, we chose the latter and cut multiplayer from the game. And thanks to the extra time and effort we’ve spent building this world and fleshing out its narrative, the new things we've been working on have manifested in truly intriguing ways that we believe will pleasantly surprise you.

cbb28f74b06f328a3243f2d7f3ee3ca792a66bd6.gif

a532da2dc92a1c978320dfd270118b89e44a82b0.gif

The Road to Launch
As we are nearing the full release of WRATH: Aeon of Ruin, we would like to thank you all for your patience and support throughout the tenure of development over these past years, and we look forward to seeing your reaction to the new content.

WRATH will hit 1.0 on February 27, 2024.

Until next time!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Good fucking riddance, nobody plays this thing - waste of time and resources (Two Worlds devs, Reality Pump, should take that lesson).
Even Dusk have dead MP and even rare sparks in popularity does not lasts long.

geno

Savant
Reviews are popping up today and it seems it is a mixed bag. Great gunplay but weak level design and pace.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
"Review sponsored by the publisher of the game I'm reviewing, also here's an affiliate link buy the game, also the game is gud"

:nocountryforshitposters:

I literally know nothing about this YouTuber dude but sponsored reviews should be banned.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
The reviews are sounding a lot better than the ones for Graven, which I was looking forward to more than this, tbqh. Unfortunately, even after two patches a game breaking bug I encountered still wasn't fixed and ended up uninstalling it... Glad that WRATH seems to be in much better shape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom