Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin - new Quake engine game from 3D Realms

toughasnails

The question is who if anyone is working on this right now... People are joking about them still working on concept art but what if even that is just whoever if tasked with these updates just posting the art done years ago bc they really have nothing new to show whatsoever.

most people have low standards
You must be p proud of that comment bc you posted the exact same response to the exact same post of mine on the exact same page of this thread.

geno

Savant
About the game never coming out:

Korvayous — 01/03/2022
Is it here yet?

LeftHandOfGod — 02/03/2022
No. But it's definitely getting released this year.

b5fc79d0033e4f3d911ff182405b3b04.webp
@LeftHandOfGod
No. But it's definitely getting released this year.

Vivisector — 05/03/2022
we hope so...

Damien_Azreal — 05/03/2022
No hope needed.

Damien is one of the 3D Realms discord moderators with a limited access to whatever 3DR is doing. But yeah, the biweekly updates are... I don't know, useless?

Riskbreaker

You folks know what was the last thing Arkane hired prominent Thief mappers as level designers for?
Could it be happening again?
Guys... I... I think it moved.

Curratum

Skacky is a Swiss army knife, he's not just a Thief mapper.

And I would much much rather see The Black Parade release in 2022 than see the announcement of another Dishonored game.

Apart from that, though, ace job! Definitely a much better place for someone this good, now finally freed from the cesspit that is 3DR.

toughasnails

Maybe if Bethesda had Arkane develop a Quake reboot lol? One can dream...

I wouldn't mind another Dishonored tbh. I'm not sure how they would handle one now given how much time passed since 2. Maybe a soft reboot with new cast of characters rather than bringing back Emily and Corvo again.

Curratum

I wouldn't play a Dishonored without Corvo, like I wouldn't play a Thief without Garrett or Witcher without Geraldino, but that's just me.

I wonder if CDPR will shoot themselves in the foot and make the new witcher game with a new lead character...

toughasnails

We already played without him in the DLC for both games, no? ;) And he wouldn't have been very present in the second game if you played only with Emily. Not to mention that he was p much only a cipher in the first game, some I think they consciously tried to compensate for in its DLC.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I wouldn't play a Dishonored without Corvo, like I wouldn't play a Thief without Garrett or Witcher without Geraldino, but that's just me.

I wonder if CDPR will shoot themselves in the foot and make the new witcher game with a new lead character...

Corvo was mute in D1 and more of a shoehorned sidekick in D2. The series doesn't need him to go forward. Now this is incomparable to Garret, whose cynicism mirrored the addled city wonderfully. Hence, why I also think wamman chars like the one in T2x sucked.

Anyways, pretty sure Arkane Lyon is working on a new Dishonored game. IIRC, they wanted one right after D2 but Bethestard jumped on that multiplayer hype train at that time and order them to make Derploop and that shit Wolfenstein game instead.

Riskbreaker

Corvo is certainly no iconic character. If anything could be called that in relation to Dishonored it would be the image of assassin with the trademark mechanical mask - and anyone can be behind that mask.
For me, the cities in two Dishonored games were far more interesting characters than any of the main characters, and the little stories, bits of history, glimpses of the wider world outside them you'll encounter whilst wandering thru them were more interesting than the central stories - bits of the former i remember more than the latter, simple as the latter were. Honestly, their plots and protagonists were more of a vessel for placing you in that world, giving you basic reason for where you are when you are, doing what you do.

toughasnails

How exactly are they shit? They are yet to produce actually bad game, something that isn't worth playing. Deathloop is easily their weakest offering so far imo and one game of theirs that I don't see myself replaying, but it's still by no means a bad game.

Antigoon

Augur
They might release something, but I don't think it will be anything close to a finished game. After they put it in a Humble Bundle, its pretty clear that they don't have any further revenue goals.

toughasnails

Maybe, it's a bit of a gamble but I guess it got some funds in the short run. It is kinda depressing though seeing how cheap the keys are on the various key resellers, it means that there were a lot of HB subscribers who weren't interested in activating their keys and that there weren't a lot of people interested in buying them afterwards else the price wouldn't drop so much and stay so low. And them being so cheap means that some of those actually interested in the game will pick it that way rather than buying it on Steam on some discount.
However i can see them getting some attention and sales once (if) the game is released and they start getting new coverage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

WRATH: Aeon of Ruin, is coming out on PC, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S in Spring 2023! See the newest trailer presented at Realms Deep 2022 with an all new look at a new boss and enemy, new weapons, and levels.

toughasnails

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1000410/view/3712700495636827251?l=english

An Update on the WRATH: Aeon of Ruin 1.0 Release Date

Greetings Outlander,

We would like to use this opportunity to apologize for our lack of communication regarding the full release date of WRATH: Aeon of Ruin. The past year has been extremely difficult for the team; we have managed to reinforce it with some very talented new members however, and as you can see from our regular bi-weekly updates, progress is being made. Even though development is now moving forward at a steady pace, due to those past difficulties, we are behind our original schedule and unable to catch up.

We are sorry, but the game will not leave early access in 2023. We know this is a disappointment for all of our fans, and we have been trying our best to make it happen earlier than next year - in the end we could not, not without compromising the quality of the final version of the game.

Thank you everyone for your ongoing support.

geno

Savant
It's weird because reading the last updates you may think that the game is close to be finished. Levels are almost done, assets like enemies or items were finished a while ago...
I have no idea what they are working on, but I was expecting a late summer release.

Fargus

Arcane
A derrayed game is eventuarry good, nigga. They should take their time and deliver the best and the most polished experiencu possibru.

:hahyou:

Fargus

Arcane
Only one guy still works on it or so i heard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom