Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Wrath of the Righteous is even worse than Kingmaker (which was already shit)

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
after you've played hundreds of cRPGs
But the fact is that there aren't so many cRPGs around... cRPGs are still a niche, you can count the relevant cRPG of the last years on a couple of hands. And these are still more and better than those of the previous decade. In this context, to declare PF:WotR the advent of the antichrist, only because is not Perfection Incarnate, it's a bit stupid. Like this thread.

Autists will screech about their shit autism personified game being criticized, nothing new. What is funny though is many of those same spergs spend the rest of their time screeching about SJW and woke but still must consume product which has what they supposedly hate.

Beaver Gaming

Barely Literate
Basically this thread:
Retard 1: How I choose to waste my time is superior to your way to waste time.
Retard 2: Actually your way to waste time is gay and retarded.

Repeat.

LabRat

Learned
I don't like the redemption stories in Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous. This is actually a Liliana-style redemption. They don't have to pay much to be redeemed because others can bear the consequences for them.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
But the fact is that there aren't so many cRPGs around...
Screenshot-2024-07-27-100257.png

What a piece of shit steam is. Go to the List of RPGs thread if needed (first page + last 3 pages) to look at RPGs. Can ctr+f combat, setting, etc. with the tags added.

Only 2 of those are cRPGs and they're both Larian. What a joke.

the mole

Scholar
Shitposter
the literal biggest problem with the pathfinder games is feat interactions with everything and abilities and does this work with this, and if you're new to pathfinder atleast in kingmaker you don't even know what feats lead to what

if you don't install toybox and test everything you could have just spent 10 hours on a build you think will work but for some reason it doesn't, now you have to respec and your class fantasy is fucked, the entire reason you're playing the game really

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh, after you've played hundreds of cRPGs, you kinda get tired of doing "trash mobs" aka having chores. Simple fights are necessary for the players to familiarise themselves with the combat system and making the player feel like they've grown stronger and better at the game. But I really don't want to devote tens of hours into repetitive filler.

You can't win everyone. There are a lot of people who like the grind, maybe Owlcat likes to cater to that crowd more. Though I find it likely that even the majority of that segment likes the idea of big lengthy games more than they actually like following through with their playthroughs...
I realized I had four playthroughs on hold between end of Labyrinth and middle of Fane. Seems like that’s where the critical bloat mass is.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
the literal biggest problem with the pathfinder games is feat interactions with everything and abilities and does this work with this, and if you're new to pathfinder atleast in kingmaker you don't even know what feats lead to what

if you don't install toybox and test everything you could have just spent 10 hours on a build you think will work but for some reason it doesn't, now you have to respec and your class fantasy is fucked, the entire reason you're playing the game really
The interface is a little unintuitive but the info is in fact there. Wrath does better job of class sheets making tradeoffs more explicit.

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I can't be the only one. I hope someday you'll join me. And the filler will die for once.

kgZG3Vo.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom