Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

rado907

Savant
Good game. Took me about 30 hours to beat. The DLC's are all right but if I'll deactivate them on subsequent runs. Gangraped the bosses from the "Alien Hunters" DLC and they gave me some kooky-looking power suits.

Strategically it looks like the game is about rushing +2 squad members, advanced armor and magnetic weapons.

Didn't feel like the various autopsies gave me much :/, wish I had rushed armor & magnetic weapons instead.

All classes felt useful; but my rangers and the gunslinger sniper racked up the kills.

The one thing I dislike about this nu-XCOM is the way enemies spawn. Hope they change that in the next XCOM.

Kudos to Ironman winners, looks like quite a challenge even on normal.

8/10 - hopefully XCOM3 will be better.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Good game. Took me about 30 hours to beat. The DLC's are all right but if I'll deactivate them on subsequent runs. Gangraped the bosses from the "Alien Hunters" DLC and they gave me some kooky-looking power suits.

Strategically it looks like the game is about rushing +2 squad members, advanced armor and magnetic weapons.

Didn't feel like the various autopsies gave me much :/, wish I had rushed armor & magnetic weapons instead.

All classes felt useful; but my rangers and the gunslinger sniper racked up the kills.

The one thing I dislike about this nu-XCOM is the way enemies spawn. Hope they change that in the next XCOM.

Kudos to Ironman winners, looks like quite a challenge even on normal.

8/10 - hopefully XCOM3 will be better.
If you turn off the DLC alien rulers starts spawning automatically in months 2 or 3 and you get raped by them. Best thing is to leave the dlc on but don't go do it at all. You still get basic versions of their special weapons that are useful early on.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
How do the voices work in this game? Are there silly accents? Because there's no point in having a voiced international team if they all speak normal English or their native tongue instead of high-school-play levels of cheesy accents. I want my French sniper to say "Ze alien, it is ze, how you say, eleeminated" every time it kills someone, dammit!

Thane Solus

Arcane
How do the voices work in this game? Are there silly accents? Because there's no point in having a voiced international team if they all speak normal English or their native tongue instead of high-school-play levels of cheesy accents. I want my French sniper to say "Ze alien, it is ze, how you say, eleeminated" every time it kills someone, dammit!

That would be too much fun, we cant have that... They have a few decent lines, and you can switch to talk in their original language, but only a few and nothing Asian :(((( I want my samurai. They could even do a pay DLC with that, people would buy in droves for minimal effort, but Producers are clueless as usual. They sold the most XCOM EW on PC and they made the sequel a consolized PC Game. Talking about retardo....

Endemic

Arcane
Denise Gough (Yennefer in Witcher 3, and an accomplished theatre actress) voiced one of the British female sets. Don't know about the non-English dialogue.

retamar

Educated
The game is real fun, but mate,,,,those fucking rulers,,,,are beating my ass badly.
The fucking Berserker is unkillable, The bitch appeared, at the very end of my mission,not far away of my EVAC, killing my wounded soldiers, at the same time a fucking reinforcement team appears, and the lancers just fucking run a marathon to stun my guys.
I will restart, such a pity, I was beating those motherfuckers asses and progressing fast on the Avatar counter missions.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I want a terror form the deep style expansion with a artdeco&lovecraftian feel with a deep base management aspect and spooky/somber music.

Mazisky

Magister
2 points:

1- The game sold well, Xcom 2 sales are the same of Total war warhammer and the latter is considered a commercial success, so....consider that both games should have similar budget

2- They didn't announce anything new but i'm pretty sure will see an Xpack announce soon, Firaxis always make expansions and there were also leaks (i checked by myself in game files and can confirm), so it's a matter of weeks.

Zeriel

Arcane
Still no word on an expansion for this one? Guess we're not getting one then. Pity.

It's been talked about like a dozen times in this thread. It has been datamined and is happening. Just hasn't been announced yet. Firaxis really doesn't do early PR drives, the only reason XCOM 2's PR drive ended up being early is because they delayed the game. Remember, Civ 6 was announced a few months before release.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Datamined huh?

My logic is that it would come out before christmas even if unfinished. Seems weird to release an expo after a year when it's not even a holiday.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Datamined huh?

My logic is that it would come out before christmas even if unfinished. Seems weird to release an expo after a year when it's not even a holiday.
Enemy within was released about a year after firaxcom. If it's indeed coming, I'd expect an announcement early next year.

Mazisky

Magister
EW was announced

10 months after

and released

13 months after

If they wanna keep the trend, the Xcom 2 expansion will be announced just around christmas or at worse on january.

Also, on online shops it appeared a new Xcom 2 novel with "still to be defined" content, out in late 2017, i guess it is related to future xpack content lorewise.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, exploding cars are very distracting and annoying in this game. Not that they make the game hard; they're just tiresome. I wonder why there was never a mod for it?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, exploding cars are very distracting and annoying in this game. Not that they make the game hard; they're just tiresome. I wonder why there was never a mod for it?
I never ran into a problem with exploding cars. I mean, sometimes they exploded off in the distance, but I was never near them or ever used them for cover except on very few occasions.

Didn't Long War do exactly that? Or did it lower weapon environment damage in general? I certainly remember having a harder time destroying stuff with my guns alone in Long War.

Mazisky

Magister
A new novel official book with a "not revealed cover" and "unannounced content" for Xcom 2 popped on sale on Amazon and other book sellers. Release on July 17.

I don't care about books but can this mean some expansion coming?

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Didn't Long War do exactly that? Or did it lower weapon environment damage in general? I certainly remember having a harder time destroying stuff with my guns alone in Long War.

I'm not sure about car health, but IIRC it lowered your environment damage unless you had the sapper perk. It was harder generally for your troops to blow up cars, but I don't know if this limitation also applied to aliens.

Personally, avoiding car cover started before Long War - it was basically required in vanilla at Classic and Impossible difficulties. Of course at those difficulties half cover was suicide and most cars were half cover so it wasn't a huge sacrifice on non-highway maps.

Mazisky

Magister
LONG WAR 2 ANNOUNCED

www.xcom.com

Pavonis_Long_War_2_logo_hero.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom