Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's Firaxis, they're gonna be working on fixing the game for the entirety of 2016.

Zeriel

Arcane
Foertsch seemed to take personal pride in how tough this mission was "We've had maybe fifty journalists play through this level so far, only five have made it through and most of them have barely made it out with one squad member alive", he says, gleefully. Despite playing for three hours, I wasn't able to become the sixth.

This is your daily reminder that 90% of game journalists can't finish an early game mission on Normal difficulty.

Mozg

Arcane
Beagle's missions looked pretty fun and there were so many standard XCOMish bugs shown (oddball LOS/flank errors, constant clipping and grenades thrown through solid objects, enemies teleporting on game reload) that I can't imagine Firaxis had editorial control over it.

Zeriel

Arcane
Beagle's missions looked pretty fun and there were so many standard XCOMish bugs shown (oddball LOS/flank errors, constant clipping and grenades thrown through solid objects, enemies teleporting on game reload) that I can't imagine Firaxis had editorial control over it.

It wasn't a LOS/flank error, the rules were changed. You can tell because the LOS indicator before he made that move at #2 18:30 wasn't active. So Beagle just wasn't paying attention

Was going to say, the LOS indicator takes all the "it was broken wah wah" guesswork out of it.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
minimum system requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • GPU: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 45 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
recommended system requirements:

• CPU: 3GHz Quad Core Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • GPU: 2GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 or better
  • Storage: 45 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

45 Gb.. ahem

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah blame the procedural maps for that. Nice textures and procedurally generated combinations of them need a lot of space.. Otherwise we'll see the same maps all the time

So, the old "move - spot enemy group - enemy freely moves into cover" gameplay is still here? Or is there a way to sneak up to and ambush enemies now?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, the old "move - spot enemy group - enemy freely moves into cover" gameplay is still here? Or is there a way to sneak up to and ambush enemies now?
You start missions in sneak mode and that lasts until you open fire with your first dude or until someone spots you (patrols, civilians or scanners). Rangers have an ability that he stays in sneak mode even after that and can do another sneak attack.
After sneak mode is done it works like nuXcom with difference that enemies don't teleport around the map but actually move and they spawn in but come in transport craft.

Hmm, but what about actual spoting - is it still the same "I spot them - they spot me - they move into cover" that was the case 99.99% of the time in the first game? Or is some kind of field of view for troops / enemies implemented this time?

Oh, sorry. Didn't notice the second part of your post somehow.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I'm waiting for a mod where everything is desert and you fight human occupation force as freedom fighters.

I wonder when someone in mainstream media notices Firaxis is already making a terrorist simulator :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm waiting for a mod where everything is desert and you fight human occupation force as freedom fighters.

I wonder when someone in mainstream media notices Firaxis is already making a terrorist simulator :D
With ISIS not slowing down you don't need games about terrorism to get your daily fill of it.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

With ISIS not slowing down you don't need games about terrorism to get your daily fill of it.

Which brings back the red towelhead scare. Thats kinda the point. Next time some retard in US shoots up a school you'll see "he played Xcom2 and was fascinated by terrorism because of it"

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Can you kill the civilians that rat you out to the authorities? Because that would be awesome. Shit would hit the fan so hard on release.
Certainly not, but that could certainly be a mission in a mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom