Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I remember fond memories of playing ufo aftershock back in the day

screen08.jpg

ufo-as-tactical-map.jpg

A.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I remember fond memories of playing ufo aftershock back in the day

A.jpg

This is from first game. The second game doesn't have interception. They have space battleship where they don't know how to use its weapons.

I hope randomized stat gains on level up setting isn't hidden behind a fucking 2nd playthrough+ wall this time.
Aye, and a lot of other stuff too. Like wounds reducing aim and movement (for both enemies and xcom) and gradual reduction of cover bonus the closer you are to flanking position. I have no idea why those two weren't the default in the game in the first place.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Xenonauts is more fuckin X-COM than this game.
And Xenonauts is a watered down version.
2012 just called, I told them you'd call them back to say obvious things 3 years later.

I have no fond memories of real-time decline:obviously:
You missed out. UFO After- series was cool.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm pretty sure I tried the first one of them but I just couldn't get into the RTwP gameplay it had. Might give them another go sometime, you can never kill enough aliens

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm pretty sure I tried the first one of them but I just couldn't get into the RTwP gameplay it had. Might give them another go sometime, you can never kill enough aliens
FWIW, those games get better with each iteration. Aftershock > Aftermath and Afterlight > Aftershock.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just skip the first one. The other two are decent.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It had great sense of scavenging for ammo and weapons from military bases, and it had also restrictions. Basically it wasn't as simple as other games.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Courtesy of /xcg/, PC Gamer (UK)'s Jan issue:

1450394162290.jpg

1450394294545.jpg

1450394431000.jpg

1450394568691.jpg

1450394774693.jpg

1450394911483.jpg

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I see that at the top of p. 29 it says that the second soldier in an overwatch chain won't waste their shots on dead enemies.

Not a huge deal, but it was pretty annoying when a glorious ambush was ruined by a single enemy drawing all of your overwatch fire.

Mozg

Arcane
If soldiers ration their overwatch to prevent overkill it seems like they'd have to nerf the shit out of overwatch or give the AI flat counter tools to deal with it, 'cause they weren't very good at assaulting XCOM's overwatch even with overkill (in the case where they can't see any XCOM at the start of the turn, anyway).

Zeriel

Arcane
Courtesy of /xcg/, PC Gamer (UK)'s Jan issue:

1450394162290.jpg

1450394294545.jpg

1450394431000.jpg

1450394568691.jpg

1450394774693.jpg

1450394911483.jpg

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I see that at the top of p. 29 it says that the second soldier in an overwatch chain won't waste their shots on dead enemies.

Not a huge deal, but it was pretty annoying when a glorious ambush was ruined by a single enemy drawing all of your overwatch fire.

Yeah, it was announced ages ago at E3. Still one of the best features of the sequel, though, that and LOS indicators will be fantastic. Maybe overwatch abilities will actually be worth taking now.

Stompa

Arcane
Maybe overwatch abilities will actually be worth taking now.

Well, they were already worth taking, depending on the ability. Sniper's Opportunist was godlike compared to the other choice on that level, support's Covering Fire was a good thing to have since it could trigger on things that aren't covered by regular overwatch and Sentinel is an alright idea if you ain't going full healbot. The only one that's kinda shit was heavy's Rapid Reaction, since it depended on the soldier not missing the first overwatch shot, and heavies have the lowest aim out of the bunch (unless you luck out with aim 80 rookie getting promoted in that class).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom